ZS_testchamber

• SO! This is HED

I know a few other people have had this problem with testchamber but whenever 2-3 minutes pass by in the map Hl2.exe encounters a critical error and crashes, doesn’t crash my computer just gmod.

Not sure if there’s any way to monitor the console and save the data as im playing so i can check for obvious errors after the crash… But im on a Gateway P-FX with an 8800 GTX and 3 megs of ram so im pretty dutifully equipped to play whatever is thrown at me, didn’t necessarily want to post in the bugs forum considering somebody might yell at me for it being a hardware issue haha. (searched the forums for the same problem, didn’t find a post for it)

ANYWAY

any help would be appreciated.

• SO! This is HED

I know a few other people have had this problem with testchamber but whenever 2-3 minutes pass by in the map Hl2.exe encounters a critical error and crashes, doesn’t crash my computer just gmod.

Not sure if there’s any way to monitor the console and save the data as im playing so i can check for obvious errors after the crash… But im on a Gateway P-FX with an 8800 GTX and 3 megs of ram so im pretty dutifully equipped to play whatever is thrown at me, didn’t necessarily want to post in the bugs forum considering somebody might yell at me for it being a hardware issue haha. (searched the forums for the same problem, didn’t find a post for it)

ANYWAY

any help would be appreciated.

• Map compilation issue that conflicts with users who do not have Portal installed.

• Yeah i get this problem, whats going to be done about it?

• @injektion:

… 3 megs of ram

Could be an issue.

Was the portal stuff not pakked in?

• I have noticed that a lot of people time out on that map. Just wondering, why would not having a model or texture cause a crash?

• Whenever I get a crash, it’s “hl2.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.” That error message doesn’t really say much. I say for v2, pakrat everything. If there are still crashes, maybe it’s something wrong with the zs entities.

• me too crash.

• Why don’t you guys just get portal :| you’d crash less.

• Hey sorry obviously i meant 3 gigs of ram, rofl… three megs… I guess i was tired.

Windows vista

CSS HL2 CS HL
    I have portal for the 360 which doesn’t help at all haha
    Would downloading the Portal textures and models fix the problem?

Im fine for the first and second levels but when it gets near to transferring to the third I crash. It may be when i look up directly to the third level, or it could be in the stairwell on the way up to the third level, some error signs on the sides of the third level entrances come to mind.

Anything else?

Just added you zinco

• My story is similar to the one above, i’ve got Portal for the PS3 so i dont really want to spend money on a game i already have but for a different platform

• why the fuck would you buy orange box for the console? I mean, what the fuck, are you retarded?

• I don’t have portal at all because I can’t bother getting a game I won’t play.

• woops

• I diddnt buy the Orange Box, was a christmas present a few years back when it came out

• @Pjpg23:

I diddnt buy the Orange Box, was a christmas present a few years back when it came out

@Pjpg23:

i’ve got Portal for the PS3…

:king:

• @Pjpg23:

i’ve got Portal for the PS3

:uglylaugh:

• 1: Download Portal materials/textures/models/etc… from a torrent
    2: Install into folders as you would for CS:S
    4: ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??
    5: Profit

• You’re dumb

• I’m working on a release that has all the map’s content packed in. This should hopefully fix any stability problems. I’m hoping on getting it out today.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.