Make this map happen

• We were playing Primus and we thought: what if there were two battle cruisers in space and the objectives were inside the ships but the only way to get inside was to land in the enemy docking bay or something.

So:

• Two big ships in space.
    • Take up the entire grid. Don’t worry about compile time, I can compile it
    • Middle is some sort of small asteroid or station for Blitz.
    • Only way across is vehicles.
    • Asteroids, comets, other stuff?

• We were playing Primus and we thought: what if there were two battle cruisers in space and the objectives were inside the ships but the only way to get inside was to land in the enemy docking bay or something.

So:

• Two big ships in space.
    • Take up the entire grid. Don’t worry about compile time, I can compile it
    • Middle is some sort of small asteroid or station for Blitz.
    • Only way across is vehicles.
    • Asteroids, comets, other stuff?

• Eternal Silence.

Like, exactly.

• If you can rip one of those, that would work perfectly.

• Well this sounds sort of like that one gamemode in the star wars battlefront series.

If you were going to make a middle, it should probably just be a platform where it would be off limits to build.

Also didn’t we have a map where there were two large ships with bases inside seperated by water?
    Most people used vehicles to get to the other ship.

And wouldn’t the vehicle limit need to be increased in order to do a space map since there wouldn’t be any other way to travel?

• This sounds like the space battles of Star Wars Battlefront 2.  Oh whoops Sushi said it.

Do you REALLY need it taking over the entire grid? Kind of silly but okay.

• Eternal Silence takes up the entire grid. It has the blitz gamemode. It’s EXACTLY this.

• Was thinking about doing this at first. I can easily convert the upper landings into ships somehow and put them further back, and make several asteroids floating around, some large enough which you can land on and make miniature stations for your team.

Also thought about a meteor storm which could be done with LUA which would hit a random point in the map every 10 seconds.

• Yes.

• @Rexen:

Also thought about a meteor storm which could be done with LUA which would hit a random point in the map every 10 seconds.

:link:

• Instead of having such open airspace, maybe we could have a system of large corridors in the air that you have to go through to get the other ship.

• Will make large asteroids floating in space and possibly some space debris. This will make it less open so you would have to navigate through some bits.

Also get me some pictures/images of the hangars in Eternal Silence.

• @Zincoshine:

they provided a vmf for one of their maps. I’m going to try and make this happen.
    Well that vmf was an epic fail. I guess I’ll try decompiling the other maps.

Or… you know… just make it from scratch?

• Quick Estimation of what the ship will look like:

Thoughts? Ideas?

• Just base this entire game idea’s model off of SW:BF2’s.  Main hangar and hallway area serves as the spawn area.  You can also attack an enemy frigate ship, then blow up the ship’s defenses from the inside with explosives (communications link, shields, auto-defense turrets, generator).

• Must be a change in FOV.

• Eternal Silence uses very small models. There’s a reason you never see the inside from the outside and vice versa.

• In about 30 mins - 60 mins this is what i have.

Hangar Door:

Small staircase to side hangar (Side hangar/hall not done yet):

• Hangar is almost done. Need help deciding what to put in the centre of the room on the floor.

• Docking ramps for ships.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.