[WIP] zsc_tac

• Ignore the _name Part, I’m still working on a name.

How is this different from my older thread zs_mindfuck and why am I making a different map?
    zs_mindfuck just had too many ideas to the point I felt overloaded by just making a single room, With this map, It’s a steady and easy to understand concept and design style.

What the fuck is that tac thing for?
    TAC is a style of map I recently came up with. You maybe wondering though, What the fuck does it stand for and what kind of style is it? I’ll reveal what kind of style it is and what it means later this week, So keep your eyes on this thread. Though a few people know what It is already, No spoilers you fags.

Alright, Atleast tell us what the map is!
    but ok.

The map it self will be an objective army base map.

Humans must gather spare parts and a welder to begin fixing the plane towards the middle of the map, On completion of the plane, Humans have about 10 seconds to begin boarding before the door closes up and the plane takes off. The spare parts will be unbreakable. There is of course, Different armories with which to get weapons from, These will open up based on waves. There will still be cading areas, But it’s not the recommended way to try to do the map. To prevent the map from being stupidly short, Spare parts will be near the zombie spawns that open up as waves go by.

(Yes, I will ensure humans can’t grief the map as a whole by nailing the parts to the floor or placing the parts in an unreachable spot)

Pictures:
    (In the morning, I’m fucking tired)

• Ignore the _name Part, I’m still working on a name.

How is this different from my older thread zs_mindfuck and why am I making a different map?
    zs_mindfuck just had too many ideas to the point I felt overloaded by just making a single room, With this map, It’s a steady and easy to understand concept and design style.

What the fuck is that tac thing for?
    TAC is a style of map I recently came up with. You maybe wondering though, What the fuck does it stand for and what kind of style is it? I’ll reveal what kind of style it is and what it means later this week, So keep your eyes on this thread. Though a few people know what It is already, No spoilers you fags.

Alright, Atleast tell us what the map is!
    but ok.

The map it self will be an objective army base map.

Humans must gather spare parts and a welder to begin fixing the plane towards the middle of the map, On completion of the plane, Humans have about 10 seconds to begin boarding before the door closes up and the plane takes off. The spare parts will be unbreakable. There is of course, Different armories with which to get weapons from, These will open up based on waves. There will still be cading areas, But it’s not the recommended way to try to do the map. To prevent the map from being stupidly short, Spare parts will be near the zombie spawns that open up as waves go by.

(Yes, I will ensure humans can’t grief the map as a whole by nailing the parts to the floor or placing the parts in an unreachable spot)

Pictures:
    (In the morning, I’m fucking tired)

• 1. You will need randomly generated spawns for each part.

2. It will be very short unless you have new parts scatter every wave or so.

3. This map will have the be sealed tight. No holes, nowhere for people to throw parts away.

Good idea though, look forward to screenshots.

• 1. I could do that.

2. Some parts can only be found after a certain wave. So as to prevent it from lasting only one-two waves.

3. I have a few good ideas to prevent people from throwing them away. Or griefing it all together. Could affect gameplay some, But I think I can make it work.

• You could possibly make it so that each part is scattered at least twice. That way, if someone fucks it up the first time, the survivors will have another chance.

Also, use vphys clip’s to stop people throwing parts away.

• 10 seconds sounds little, make it 20 or so

what happens once the humans get in the plane ?

• The door closes up and the plane takes off, When it passes a certain trigger that only it can activate, It will trigger the logic_winlose, And humans win.

• Can you block zombies from getting on the plane? Sounds good, may or may not work depending on fags who don’t have a clue what to do.

• tac

• how are you going to prevent the airplane to kill anyone inside when moving

• 51 seats?

Can’t wait for screenshots, the map sounds nice.

• It is, Just waiting for a quick vmf so It can look right.

• Waiting for a vmf? Are you not the mapper?

• I Like the idea of objective oriented maps. I hope the map layout comes out nice. You shouldn’t have to deliberatley explain what the objective is. The map layout should be enough to coerce the players on the right track.

• Do you mean BSP?

Or are you making a VTF texture?

Wait, what?

• @Little:

Waiting for a vmf? Are you not the mapper?

I am the mapper, I need to copy from a .vmf a friend is making for me which is difficult for me to make. That .vmf has a part that is heavily needed.

• you got it

• Must be big if you are waiting ofr it to copy.

• Nevermind I made it my self.

Map is really starting to shape up, Even though it’s just prop statics and a single bunker right now…

I should have pics soon of the Sleep area.

• Ignore the double post.

Currently have the scale of the bunkers done right. Right now I need to add pretty much the HL2 battery puzzle, Test it, Then add in the actual plane, Followed by the zombie spawns, Then add in the central Building, And lastly finish it up with details and prop_physics.

Sorry about no pictures, I keep forgetting them.  :action-smiley-003:

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.