Lua animations API

• This is a script that allows you to create dynamic animations using Lua and the BuildBonePositions function. Two example stances are included.

I never created an editor for it so I’m putting it here in case anyone can find some use for it and has time to create the animation tables or to actually create an editor.

You should be able to just put this in the autorun folder.

Use Entity(1):SetLuaAnimation(“staffholdspell”) or Entity(1):SetLuaAnimation(“stancetest”) and then turn third person mode on to see the examples. staffholdspell will only work correctly if you have a weapon out that uses the ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_MELEE2 group.

Download: http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/boneanimlib_v2.zip

Old image but you get the point.

• This is a script that allows you to create dynamic animations using Lua and the BuildBonePositions function. Two example stances are included.

I never created an editor for it so I’m putting it here in case anyone can find some use for it and has time to create the animation tables or to actually create an editor.

You should be able to just put this in the autorun folder.

Use Entity(1):SetLuaAnimation(“staffholdspell”) or Entity(1):SetLuaAnimation(“stancetest”) and then turn third person mode on to see the examples. staffholdspell will only work correctly if you have a weapon out that uses the ACT_HL2MP_IDLE_MELEE2 group.

Download: http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/boneanimlib_v2.zip

Old image but you get the point.

• I’ll have to try it out. What sort of animations would be the most needed? I’m assuming a two-handed swing would be a top priority.

• New version, updated first post. Allows you to blend animations by specifying a time-to-arrive when you start or stop the animation. Fixes some errors and also wonky behavior if you never specified a certain number (the MU, MR, RU, etc).

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.