Beta feedback

• The beta is going to end soon. I’ll most likely take the server down for a couple weeks and then put up a big update. The ideas I’ve gotten right now:

• Better prediction. Start predicting things like wall running, sprinting, dodging, etc. on the client before the server says so. IsFirstTimePredicted()
    • Prediction for instant things like Energy Bolt.
    • Allow slight walking while using Energy Bolt and Lightning. Casting again cancels.
    • Display random tips on death and if possible, related to how you died.
    • Allow Ripdash to have a hold right click for a longer charge.
    • Allow Ripdash to travel up.
    • Fix healing slowing team mates.
    • Force Field should just reduce damage on a timer.
    • Allow changing profiles if you’re not in combat. Like the Retro system of changing classes.
    • Fix “blah team has taken the lead” when they’re already in the lead.
    • Make the message for broken weapons more informative.
    • Look in to trial weapons not being removed when broken.
    • Almost all special attacks should drain stamina, not just the Ripdash right click.
    • Get in some custom animations. Especially for melee.
    • Better crosshair. Both 1st and 3rd person.
    • Simplify the building menu. Make it so props display in a grid and mousing over it displays detailed information in a panel tooltip. The goal is to make every prop type visible at once. Also make it easier to change prop groups.
    • Replace the programmer-art menu. Make a full-screen ‘main menu’ that shows up when you join the server that makes it look like you’re playing a new game. Have “Play Game”, “Profiles”, “Shop”, “Options”, etc. Make it look like a menu and not a Windows form. Make it user-friendly but also have the same power as the current menu. It should probably just be completely recoded since the current one is a bit of a mess.
    • Join a team of your choice unless it would make it uneven.
    • Enable stats.
    • Awards.
    • Reduce the damage from regular light melee attacks?
    • Ripdash jump attack - replace it with something else that doesn’t ruin indoor maps.
    • Heater secondary and jump attack.
    • More weapons.
    • More vehicles.
    • Better vehicle menu.
    • Augmentation system.
    • Arena.
    • More special buildables.
    • Effect for building demolition instead of just generic env_explosion effect.

• The beta is going to end soon. I’ll most likely take the server down for a couple weeks and then put up a big update. The ideas I’ve gotten right now:

• Better prediction. Start predicting things like wall running, sprinting, dodging, etc. on the client before the server says so. IsFirstTimePredicted()
    • Prediction for instant things like Energy Bolt.
    • Allow slight walking while using Energy Bolt and Lightning. Casting again cancels.
    • Display random tips on death and if possible, related to how you died.
    • Allow Ripdash to have a hold right click for a longer charge.
    • Allow Ripdash to travel up.
    • Fix healing slowing team mates.
    • Force Field should just reduce damage on a timer.
    • Allow changing profiles if you’re not in combat. Like the Retro system of changing classes.
    • Fix “blah team has taken the lead” when they’re already in the lead.
    • Make the message for broken weapons more informative.
    • Look in to trial weapons not being removed when broken.
    • Almost all special attacks should drain stamina, not just the Ripdash right click.
    • Get in some custom animations. Especially for melee.
    • Better crosshair. Both 1st and 3rd person.
    • Simplify the building menu. Make it so props display in a grid and mousing over it displays detailed information in a panel tooltip. The goal is to make every prop type visible at once. Also make it easier to change prop groups.
    • Replace the programmer-art menu. Make a full-screen ‘main menu’ that shows up when you join the server that makes it look like you’re playing a new game. Have “Play Game”, “Profiles”, “Shop”, “Options”, etc. Make it look like a menu and not a Windows form. Make it user-friendly but also have the same power as the current menu. It should probably just be completely recoded since the current one is a bit of a mess.
    • Join a team of your choice unless it would make it uneven.
    • Enable stats.
    • Awards.
    • Reduce the damage from regular light melee attacks?
    • Ripdash jump attack - replace it with something else that doesn’t ruin indoor maps.
    • Heater secondary and jump attack.
    • More weapons.
    • More vehicles.
    • Better vehicle menu.
    • Augmentation system.
    • Arena.
    • More special buildables.
    • Effect for building demolition instead of just generic env_explosion effect.

• I like all of those suggestions. Some of my own…

• Lower the jump height for max agility and increase it for lower agility.

• A bow weapon?

• More interesting guns/gun alt fires

• Vertical wall running is nice: Worth keeping. The 100 dex that it requires limits the amount you see it used in general classes.

The stamina drain on the flag is annoying: Almost feels like it should just shut off stamina regen, and allow you to save what little you have till you have a good use for it.

• Along with map/gamemode votes, how about a vote for allotting some build time at the start of the next round?

I agree with Brian about the flag stamina.

A ground vehicle with high armor/many seats but low damage output. Serves as a selectable spawnpoint.

• -Either switch retro nox arena with the new teamplay, or have two seperate arena gamemodes where you can play either retro or the new teamplay.

-secondary attack for the heater could be an attack that creates a burning effect, similar to flame strike, and you have to charge for it, like the frotchet.

Throwing a wild idea out there, but another idea for the heater is to have it so if you hit two surfaces that are fairly close together, it creates a sort of trip mine that does 15 fire damage when touched. You can only have three, and you can’t have more than three created in 10 seconds. You can also get hurt by your own “trip mines”

-have the air attack for the ripdash either have a longer charge, no pushback but 30 damage and a burning effect, or a flash that whites out players screens for a moment.

-a bow weapon

• Keep vertical wall running and add the ability to run on water, some kind of perk system would be nice as well.

• lol what, CoD or something? No.

• more like fallout3

• I like all of what you are planning on adding. Yeah, a bow with enchants like the archer from classic. Keep vertical wall running. Make the gladradus secondary fire drain stamina. Currently the heater isn’t that great, the shield only blocks direct melee crap, so maybe a few new shields should be added along with (maybe) a defence stat to have armor as well in the future, and better shields can block bullets and deflect spells or something. You should make it so each slot has a left hand/right hand thing and some things take both slots or your can dual wield/use a shield. Those are about all my ideas for now.

• NoXious is fucking awesome and has been this way ever since you made aspect points global. It would be the most enjoyable game on the source engine if only it was as populated as ZS, or at least as populated as NoX TP used to be in late 2007. The only reason it isn’t is because retro TP is acting as a player-base drain. You need to get rid of retro TP once the finished version of NoXious is released.

Edit: Wall vert should definitely be kept.

Edit2:
    Hammers, bows, and spears should be added into the Game and a poll shows that most people agree with this (I can’t find the thread right now).

Edit3:
    The way the special jump attacks for the gladradus and ripdash works needs to be changed. As it is, its impossible to duel someone in the air because if you attack in the air your special attack is activated. I think the special attack should be activated if you hold down crouch in the air and then use MOUSE 1, rather than MOUSE 1 alone.

Edit4:
    Bullet speed shouldn’t be increased, neither should bullet damage. its already fast and powerful enough and any faster and guns will become overpowered. The damage of magic should definitely be increased though.

• For the speed/agility/dexterity blah blah main tree, it wouldn’t hurt to add a few weapons. You could add bows which take dexterity, strength and some tech and have spells that can go on arrows with high enough mind and destruction; daggers which take dexterity, agility and strength and would be less based on timing etc. but moreso based on combos and stealth incorporating special moves.
        I have also though of a few new special moves etcetera. One, probably other people though of, but a wall grab. You can grab onto a wall with crouch and either drop, wall jump, or pounce out of it. Pounce would be another special move which would be initated by crouching, holding jump and then pressing W. It would cause you to leap towards your crosshair, farther if your agility is higher. If you hit a player and have a high enough strength and dex, you can knock them down, and higher, pin them, allowing you to attack them while they are down, but they an throw you off by hammering space. And finally, invisibility based upon mind and dexterity while having daggers out to give it an assassin element, but no 1-hit kills.

• An ability to hang on ceilings would be nice, but would probably break lots of maps.

Throwing weapons that involve strength, agility, and accuracy would also be fun.

• Throwing weapons would be cool as well.

• Adding throwing weapons would probably have every single nerd on this forum suggest ninja stars or something like that until someone includes it. With that, approximately one fourth of the entire Noxious player base would then proceed to make classes with those weapons exclusively then run around claiming to be ninja-samurai-niggers then proceed to rage since ninja-samurai-niggers are infuckingvincible.

Jet, whatever the fuck happens, DO NOT ADD NINJA STARS

• I have also though of a few new special moves etcetera. One, probably other people though of, but a wall grab.

http://www.noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=9850.0

• Which is why I said someone probably already thought of it. I think the stealth combat is cool, myself. Probably going to model a dagger soon. And… I don’t think Garry’s Mod supports new animations.
        JetBoom, you might call me an idiot, but consider making this a Source Mod before you get too much work done for greater future flexibility.

• @Arven:

I don’t think Garry’s Mod supports new animations.

Yes.

@Arven:

you might call me an idiot

Yes.

@Arven:

but consider making this a Source Mod before you get too much work done for greater future flexibility

No.

• Figured, but I’m willing to bet it will be a Source Mod sometime.

• @Arven:

Source Mod

If the source mod was optional and included better animations, less things to load, and was free, then I would download it.

The number of newcomers would be shot to hell though.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.