Hover Gear screenshots

• Image dump folder

Hover Gear is a concept racing gamemode. The cars in it have completely custom physics that allow you to ride on any surface at an average of about 300 MPH (calculated, real world). Drifting is almost a requirement to win and no not the drifting that you do with jeeps. Actual drifting at 100+ MPH. Cars can be damaged and engine health determines maximum speed. The engine regenerates pretty fast but if you reach 0% then the engine will go offline for 4 seconds leaving you going in whatever direction and speed you were going when you crashed. There’s also a weaponry system in the mix that isn’t done yet. The HUD is unique in this gamemode. All HUD elements are drawn directly on the dashboard itself for you and everyone else to see. A health bar and your Steam avatar is also displayed on the rear of the car. To top it all off, the gamemode makes everything 4x smaller so you can make maps as crazy as you want.

• Image dump folder

Hover Gear is a concept racing gamemode. The cars in it have completely custom physics that allow you to ride on any surface at an average of about 300 MPH (calculated, real world). Drifting is almost a requirement to win and no not the drifting that you do with jeeps. Actual drifting at 100+ MPH. Cars can be damaged and engine health determines maximum speed. The engine regenerates pretty fast but if you reach 0% then the engine will go offline for 4 seconds leaving you going in whatever direction and speed you were going when you crashed. There’s also a weaponry system in the mix that isn’t done yet. The HUD is unique in this gamemode. All HUD elements are drawn directly on the dashboard itself for you and everyone else to see. A health bar and your Steam avatar is also displayed on the rear of the car. To top it all off, the gamemode makes everything 4x smaller so you can make maps as crazy as you want.

• Any customizable vehicles, or how would vehicle selection work? Would you just choose from a set selection of cars?

• So instead of buggy racer 3 we get this? Awesome!

• BR2 was never out, and sounds fun. Script for a simultaneous start is a must.

• I really want to see what people will do with the map designs. I always think it will end up like some crazy, colorfully-lit loop de loops and corkscrew twist stuff, set against a night sky…

or be like midnight club, some starke ugly city

and when you win a camera goes in circles around your car with confetti.

• Need a deathrace map to go with this.

• Needs a rainbow road

• NxN Radio

• @Kitzym:

Needs a rainbow road

on it

• with floating ? boxes that give you fucking mushrooms

Okay, are you taking suggestions for HG?

• There’s actually a rainbow road map already out. It only has flat areas though.

• Was fun when we tested it. I like how the hover cars can stay on any surface. Drifting is cool if you get it down right, but the control of the car is still a bit sketchy, but that’s fine since it’s still in testing.

• @JetBoom:

There’s actually a rainbow road map already out. It only has flat areas though.

If you want I can try to import Rainbow Road with Nemu64 and make a map with a huge prop_static out of it

• That would never work. Source has a limit on collision models pieces (I think the very very maximum is 128ish even with overrideing the default 20) there’s no way you’d get it in.

However you could re-map it. Also trying something interesting with displacements, have no clue how it will turn out in HG.

The little blocks down there SHOULD be 1/4th the size of the existing car… Knowing my luck it will be a huge disaster and everyone will just fall off and ragequit.

• It should be bigger. We have a map like this with about that scale and we had to increase it and add inclined guardrails.

• It’s about twice the width of hg_vertigo-test. (I decompiled it, Scaled up, took 3/4th’s of the track with)

Guess I’ll make it twice as wide. Forgot how much you drift.

Now twice as wide (512) should I add some more guard rails, compile, and upload?

• it looks epic .

Allthough with the smallest bit of lagg client or serverside it would become simply imposible since your fps will be dropped so much when your driving 400 mph… with allot of players and stuff…

• nope

• @MoordacT:

it looks epic .

Allthough with the smallest bit of lagg client or serverside it would become simply imposible since your fps will be dropped so much when your driving 400 mph… with allot of players and stuff…

I wasn’t aware movement speed = drop in FPS.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.