[WIP] zs_checkpoint

• (Name still to be decided, it’s just what first came to mind)

I have been working on this for about a week now. Had two previous projects but they proved too ambitious and complicated.

Won’t say too much now, but essentially this map will be a mix of traditional zombie survival, and some objective type play. As always, I am trying to make it so that objective accomplishment will make the game easier, however failing an objective will not necessarily fail the game.

Also planned for inclusion is a usable laser turret (dw it SHOULD be balanced, also does func_tank work in zs?)

Would appreciate some comments on the looks, but remember that this is early WIP so some stuff will look shit.
    Screenshots below:

• (Name still to be decided, it’s just what first came to mind)

I have been working on this for about a week now. Had two previous projects but they proved too ambitious and complicated.

Won’t say too much now, but essentially this map will be a mix of traditional zombie survival, and some objective type play. As always, I am trying to make it so that objective accomplishment will make the game easier, however failing an objective will not necessarily fail the game.

Also planned for inclusion is a usable laser turret (dw it SHOULD be balanced, also does func_tank work in zs?)

Would appreciate some comments on the looks, but remember that this is early WIP so some stuff will look shit.
    Screenshots below:

• looks good, add some dust outside, it seems it could fit in with the mood.

• Great choice of atmosphere. Stick with the sunset lighting, it looks awesome. What’s the objective?

• I think you should use env_sun, and use lod_shadow_control to get some nice shadows in there, make it like the sun is setting so you will need the sun near a edge and have the shadows come at a angle the sun sets.

• I may add some dust, but that will be when i have done the geometry and models. Good idea though.

There already is an env_sun although i don’t think it is big enough, nor in the right position. Will have to change that.

As for the objectives, i am still ironing the ideas out, so i will mention those at some later point.

• Outdoors looks good.  Indoors is looking a little too ‘clean’ atm.
    Func_tank’s work in zs, that’s how the lightning works in zs_stormier.

• On the topic of dust, try adding a thin layer of fog along the ground for a feeling of crisp, evening air. It’d be sexy.

• Please, just dont make it so that you cant see more than 10 feet in front of you. All of the maps with limited visibility are terrible, and it would be a shame to ruin a map by doing that.

• When nemo suggested fog and i suggested dust never did we say “use z clipping option” to limit visibilty.

And its only outside for the feeling.

• Thin layer = below eye level, therefore, seeability.

• why do you assume fog is so dense, it can be above eye level and visible.

• Dense, thin layer at foot level.

• Because he said limited visibility in response to the thin layer of fog.

• Right, and I’m saying at foot level, visibility isn’t a problem.

Like so:

• The inside is clean as it is the bit that is currently being worked on. I posted that screenshot mainly to show the derrik in that room.

• put more than one turret, otherwise people will kill for them

• @AlCpwnage1337:

looks good, add some dust outside, it seems it could fit in with the mood.

zm_westwood, no.

• Like your opinion matters.

• lol u mad?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.