Admin spectating thing

• A command in the admin menu to spectate a player to see if they’re aimbotting or they have nightvision, things like that. Your view would just go to whichever player you select. The [Admin CMD] message for when you spectate someone would appear only in the logs and the [Admin CMD] message when you stop spectating would appear to everyone in the server like admin commands normally do.

• A command in the admin menu to spectate a player to see if they’re aimbotting or they have nightvision, things like that. Your view would just go to whichever player you select. The [Admin CMD] message for when you spectate someone would appear only in the logs and the [Admin CMD] message when you stop spectating would appear to everyone in the server like admin commands normally do.

• How are we going to tell if they have nightvision?

• I don’t know, this is more to catch aimbotters. I guess you could get someone to go invis and stand still and wait. It’s all pretty iffy, but being able to see from their view would help.

• It would be helpful, and would cut down the unban requests of people saying “I didn’t aimbot, I’m just really good.”

• I support this. lets end the aimbot nonsence once and for all.

• its still not going to be that easy.

• Yes it is. Except garrysmod likes to fuck up the viewmodel of the player being spectated.

• Would be very useful.

• Would be very easy to bypass/show a fake screen

• What are you talking about?

• If this was made, it would be really easy to show a fake screen using lua… if my screen was going around jumping at people, I could make it look like it isn’t by setting my camera/eye angles.

• you could just hack the server and unban yourself anyways, right?

• Seems a bit useful, could potentially catch speedhackers and people hiding under maps and exploits but to use it would be kind of tedious, spectate mode can sometimes catch the odd person doing bad things.

• @RayK:

you could just hack the server and unban yourself anyways, right?

right

• Could you make it show up in the logs, but not in-game?  This way the person doing it wouldn’t know, but people can check back to see if an Admin was abusing it, although I doubt very much anyone would, but still.

• How the hell do you abuse a spectating ability.

• Find stealthed people, find out who’s targetting what, find out where a human is hiding, what type of cade a human has, when and what zombies are coming, where invisible people are, who the hell knows.

It wouldn’t be some giant traumatic “OH MY LAWD U R TEH HAX0R” but overall wouldn’t it be better to include it in the logs?  But I’m not going to pretend to know how the logs work so…

• @Chaosreaver:

Find stealthed people, find out who’s targetting what, find out where a human is hiding, what type of cade a human has, when and what zombies are coming, where invisible people are, who the hell knows.

It wouldn’t be some giant traumatic “OH MY LAWD U R TEH HAX0R” but overall wouldn’t it be better to include it in the logs?  But I’m not going to pretend to know how the logs work so…

That’s really dumb.

• @Chaosreaver:

Find stealthed people, find out who’s targetting what, find out where a human is hiding, what type of cade a human has, when and what zombies are coming, where invisible people are, who the hell knows.

Its not like an admin couldnt run around with an ESP with that kind of thinking.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.