Steam Sale

• Might as well grab a few games whilst Steam is having its boxing week sale. Is Far Cry 2 worth 40 bucks?

EDIT: And is Legendary any good?

• Might as well grab a few games whilst Steam is having its boxing week sale. Is Far Cry 2 worth 40 bucks?

EDIT: And is Legendary any good?

• I don’t know about the multiplayer but the singleplayer in FC 2 is dumb and boring…

Take mission > Drive for 15minutes > Your lolradar starts blinking > Stop > Jump out of vehicle > run around like a retard in the bushes looking for diamond case > Get in vehicle > Drive for 2 minutes > you stop at some dumb guard post to kill a bunch of niggers > get back in veichle > drive for 3minutes > kill some nigger(s) > Get back in veichle > Kill guards again because they respawn > drive all the way back > Get new mission > repeat

• I’m permanently boycotting steam because they sold out to EA and they decided to invent their own currency exchange system which is both false and in some cases illegal (Norway and Switzerland). Its back to retail and piracy for me.

• bawww cs bawwwww

• You mean they sell things cheaper than other countries? Blasphemy. I’m going to Australia where gamers are unoppressed.

• @AtomiC:

bawww cs bawwwww

idiot, you’re in Norway too.

@Eisiger:

You mean they sell things cheaper than other countries? Blasphemy. I’m going to Australia where gamers are unoppressed.

no, they are selling games for the same price, but difference currencies. the problem is that they are using a false exchange rate. They are pretending that 1 pound is 2 dollars and 1 euro is 1 dollar. The illegal part is that they involved Norway and Switzerland in this.

Even if none of this happened, they still sold out to EA.

• I rarely buy games from steam anyways.

• @CS:

no, they are selling games for the same price, but difference currencies. the problem is that they are using a false exchange rate. They are pretending that 1 pound is 2 dollars and 1 euro is 1 dollar. The illegal part is that they involved Norway and Switzerland in this.

Even if none of this happened, they still sold out to EA.

IVE ALREADY TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES IDIOT THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT IN ANY COUNTRY THEY WANT. ITS NOT ILLEGAL. FUCK OFF.

• yay RayK posted, I knew he would.

Anyway, you have no understanding of how economics work or how trade laws work or even why steam really did this.

• CS, if it’s illegal why has no one done anything yet? ~_^

• they are in the process of doing something.

The european commission thing might force them to correct their pricing.

Anyway, the reason steam did this is so that companies that are selling their goods using the service can set regional prices if they wish to do so. (They did this to convince EA to release their games onto steam) Now this, is perfectly legal and I have no problem with it. Indeed a handful of games have now had the prices corrected by the companies who released them such as company of heroes and mass effect. The problem lies in the fact that steam’s default exchange system simply converts the prices from dollars to euros with a 1€ = 1$ exchange rate and it will stay this way until the game producers corrrect their pricing.

• I really only get games on Steam that you can get only on Steam.
    I have the Orange Box, GMod, and CS:S. I only have CS:S for GMod content.
    The game sucks.
    The only other game I’m thinking about getting in L4D.
    I might get it since it is on sale and looks kickass.

• Cs is crying cause he pays more than americans according to exchange rates

• @CS:

they are in the process of doing something.

The european commission thing might force them to correct their pricing.

Anyway, the reason steam did this is so that companies that are selling their goods using the service can set regional prices if they wish to do so. (They did this to convince EA to release their games onto steam) Now this, is perfectly legal and I have no problem with it. Indeed a handful of games have now had the prices corrected by the companies who released them such as company of heroes and mass effect. The problem lies in the fact that steam’s default exchange system simply converts the prices from dollars to euros with a 1€ = 1$ exchange rate and it will stay this way until the game producers corrrect their pricing.

I already told you that steam controls the pricing for the games the distribute, not the developers.

• I can’t believe I bought GTA 2 days before this sale.

• Ask for a refund. Power to the people.

• @Crater:

I can’t believe I bought GTA 2 days before this sale.

I cant believe you **bought GTA 2

Balls**

• @Rover:

Cs is crying cause he pays more than americans according to exchange rates

You’re either a complete idiot or a good troll. most likely the latter.

@RayK:

I already told you that steam controls the pricing for the games the distribute, not the developers.

Not anymore.

http://www.steamunpowered.eu/page.php?id=14

regardless of whether its “nice” or “bullshit” (IMHO, whoever wrote that entry is a selfish idiot. I don’t support europeans having to pay more but at the same time I don’t support the US having to pay more either.) the fact still stands that developers now determine regional prices.

• -snip. accidental double post.-

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.