Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Why is Noxiousnet getting DDOSed?

• This is happening twice now today too.

What’s happening? Who is doing this?  :cry:

• This is happening twice now today too.

What’s happening? Who is doing this?  :cry:

• We’re too popular. Just need to balance it out a bit.

• yeah, server suddenly got laggy and around a minute later it crashed along with every single server. I happened to be on the server during one of those crashes.

Here is a chat log from when the server crashed.
    http://www.noxiousnet.com/logs/208_122_57_213/2008_9_20/log24.txt

Honestly, why does this shit have to happen when everything is going great?

Oh and in b4 retarded “its not a DDoS” comments.

• I think Cube is doing it, he’s joining and the DDoS was beginning…  :cry:

• joining does not cause a DDoS  :dry:

some have postulated it might have been that boxdog85 guy since he said “fuck you jet” before the crash, but I doubt it since he was complaining about the lag at the same time.

• Well then, let’s wait for a Super Firewall so nobody cant DDoS it  :uglylaugh:

• LMAO

Should better take this

:uglylaugh:

• I just noticed that lobe was banned, apparently yesterday…

• OMG THE SERVER IS CRASH SO SERVER DDOSED PASSWORD CRACK BACKDOOR HACKER

You know it could have been a resource leak, the other servers eating up the said resources, a scripting error (which is unlikely in this case) or even overheating (very unlikely). I’m not saying it wasn’t DDoS, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

@BlackhawkGT:

Well then, let’s wait for a Super Firewall so nobody cant DDoS it  :uglylaugh:

That’s not how it works.

@BlackhawkGT:

LMAO
    [forensics]
    :uglylaugh:

Whatever.

• @Zetanor:

You know it could have been a resource leak, the other servers eating up the said resources, a scripting error (which is unlikely in this case) or even overheating (very unlikely). I’m not saying it wasn’t DDoS, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Did I mention that the lag started all of a sudden and 1 minute later the servers crashed? Had it been a resource leak the lag would have been gradual.

• If it’s a DDoS why are the forums fully operational?

• I thought about that, and I have concluded that whoever is DDoSing the server wants to see our reaction and laugh like the faggot that he is…

• @CS:

I thought about that, and I have concluded that whoever is DDoSing the server wants to see our reaction and laugh like the faggot that he is…

You don’t know how these things work.

When you dos/ddos a website, apache shuts itself off until it has enough resources to continue processing page requests, and if you have other services such as a network of game servers, apache leeches resources from said services in attempt to restart/continue doing what it’s trying to do. Hence the lag.

If someone dos/ddos’d the servers, the site would have gone down. If anything, someone found a new garrysmod/gamemode bug and is now abusing it.

• No, Nobody is In the server, how can somebody then crash the servers?

@Sickshot:

When you dos/ddos a website, apache shuts itself off until it has enough resources to continue processing page requests, and if you have other services such as a network of game servers, apache leeches resources from said services in attempt to restart/continue doing what it’s trying to do. Hence the lag.

If someone dos/ddos’d the servers, the site would have gone down. If anything, someone found a new garrysmod/gamemode bug and is now abusing it.

And if it was a DDoS, the server would be destroyed, you can change the bios of a computer, what if you overclock the processor? BooM

• -Sorry Double post D:-

• @BlackhawkGT:

No, Nobody is In the server, how can somebody then crash the servers?

Mabye there’s nobody in the server BECAUSE it’s being dos/ddosed and is not accepting connections.

You don’t have to be directly connected to a host to dos/ddos them.

Once again, it’s probably a server/script error.

• @Sickshot:

You forgot to note one thing. The game servers are provided by some server provider or something… and the website is not. What I’m basically trying to say here is that the website is not connected to the servers in anyway at all. I could be wrong but…

@sickshot:

exactly.

@Sickshot:

Mabye there’s nobody in the server BECAUSE it’s being dos/ddosed and is not accepting connections.

You don’t have to be directly connected to a host to dos/ddos them.

again, exactly.

Once again, it’s probably a server/script error.

Your posts just confirmed that it is a DDoS attack, So this sentence of yours makes no sense at all.

• -accidental double post.-

Users

Topics