Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Admin applications

• Are today, time to fill in the gaps.

In order to give a chance to people who aren’t forum-users, it will ALSO be done in-game, in the SandBox. Also during this time will be the start of the ‘Get the Annoying Radio’ event. I’ve decided to give out 4 of these unique items and never give out any more. What people will have to do is undecided, but you already know that it’s something hilarious and will take 3 hours to complete. Only one radio will be given each day.

The time to do this is sometime in the afternoon, dunno when really.

Let’s start with some forum applicants. Remember, you can’t be affiliated with any groups or cliches and this is basically a personality test.

• Are today, time to fill in the gaps.

In order to give a chance to people who aren’t forum-users, it will ALSO be done in-game, in the SandBox. Also during this time will be the start of the ‘Get the Annoying Radio’ event. I’ve decided to give out 4 of these unique items and never give out any more. What people will have to do is undecided, but you already know that it’s something hilarious and will take 3 hours to complete. Only one radio will be given each day.

The time to do this is sometime in the afternoon, dunno when really.

Let’s start with some forum applicants. Remember, you can’t be affiliated with any groups or cliches and this is basically a personality test.

• HAHA, OH WOW

• Guess I’ll just follow on with Vaught’s application categories.

Name: Shadowjhunter

In-Game: Shadow J. Hunter

Time spent on NoXious: From mid '07, I think it was. I really can’t be sure. But I am fairly sure that it has been over a year.

Bits of myself: I’m a mature player who knows when enough is enough. If I’m told not to do something, I won’t do it. If there’s something someone doesn’t like, then I’ll go out of my way to stop. I don’t really play any other servers except for ZS, so if you’re looking for an admin that can moderate all servers, then I’m probably not the best candidate. I do, however, live in Australia, which means I am on during the night-time (early hours of the morning for you). It may possibly be the time where admins are not present.

Why choose me: Because I know what’s annoying. Sometimes people don’t know when to shut up or just accept what has happened. I want to help NoXious and become an admin, so that late night games can be a better place for all of us.

• Name: Suicidal Penguin
    In Game: Suicidal Penguin
    Time Spent on NoX: Well i fail as much as vaught, early 08 for me too

Bits of Myself: Im rather young (not giving away too much) Tell some strange jokes to my friends (real life, my current joke is to yell “NINJA HAMSTERS” at random points in class)
    Ive only been banned once (by accident, im notifying people because ofcourse jet can look us up, might as well be honest) I Went AFK and someone glitched me into the elevator.
    I do know what is wrong and right, im Australian (HIGH PING FTW) meaning that any ealry morning americans would have me online often (8PM down here is like 3AM for you)

Why choose me: Im again Australian and are usually on when its about 3 AM in america, i do know when enough is enough and  won’t abuse ( I can hardly even use my friends admin tool anyway, gonna be hard for me to even abuse at all)

Also: What is the I.P for the Sandbox server?

• Might as well try.

Name: Rexenraptor

In game: ReXeN

Time spent on NoXious: About a week or 2 after i got Gmod i think, during March 08. Used to play that old CSS version so when i got Gmod i searchedd to see if it existed for it.

Bits of myself: Im European (100+ ping :uglylaugh:). Im 15, kinda young. I like following the rules a lot, sometimes i get carried away and i start telling others to obey the rules. I like playing on Nox servers alot, ZS mostly but i go on Teamplay every now and then. I’ve had some experience with being an admin on another server before but im not sure if im up to Nox standard. I know wrong from right for starters and i know all the ingame rules.

Why choose me: Well i know right from wrong, for starters and i can tell if people are just acting dumb or are just Stupid. Im always eager to learn further and find out more about Nox. I never abuse my admin on my friends server (I rarely even use any of my admin commands even though i know their functions). I always look at the Ban list and count how many people are usually banned while playing ZS. (Most are banned due to reports from Nox Members and not by admins.) I wouldn’t mind being a sub or even being a player with a small amount of power on the server. I wouldnt mind lending an extra hand to some of the other admins as to give them a break from playing. Im not very active (about 3 hours a day due to studying for GCSE’s) however i usually play when people are most active.

@Suicidal:

Also: What is the I.P for the Sandbox server?

I need to know that too.

• -fuck it this post is not important-

• I might as well.

Forum name: Mystry
    In-game name**: Mystry

Time spent on Noxious servers: Since the listen server back on Gmod9. I still don’t have that ‘old player’ award, although I don’t make a fuss about it because it doesn’t really mean anything.

Personality: Total asshole to dumbshits and/or annoying douchebags. I can and often am helpful when in-game to newbies or generally ignorant people. Until someone has proven to be stupid on purpose or is just a dickhead, that is. A lot of people on the forums and in the games hate me because I bust their badly composed insults with logic.

Past Admin Experience: I’ve been an admin on a myriad of games, Gmod, CS:S, several forums, and a plethora of differing private server MMOs. I know how to deal with troublemakers, and when to restrain the banhammer.

Why: Most people on these forums know how harsh I am on dumb people. On most gmod servers thats not a good thing, but since NoX hosts an “anti-stupid” rule, I take this to be a pro instead of a con. I’m easy going on ignorant-but-willing-to-learn individuals, as I’ve already said. If I’m chosen to have this power, I’ll do my best to ban the losers and retards that flame and crash the servers, and offer assistance to the newbies who are in the game.

Affiliations & Clans: None, I find them to be full of retards, or beggars.

Other tidbits: I’m FAR more active on Teamplay than any other server, but I’m willing to split time between multiple servers. I’m generally available in the afternoon hours, anywhere from 2PM - 2AM Pacific Time.
    I don’t get but-hurt when I die in-game.

If you need any more information I’ll be willing to post it or send a PM.

• -Snip. Fuck it, I withdraw. I don’t want to be an admin or even a subadmin. -

• I thought this would be a funny joke and then I realized how stupid it was. It is 5:30 am after all.

• It’s cool RayK, I got to read it. It was pretty awesome

• You can tell enough of someones personality from the other posts on the forums they make and the chat logs, hence my application is here:

Name: If you can’t read my forum name then you’re an idiot.

In-game name: (The Warlord)

Time spent on NoX: Since October 2006 as stated here: http://noxiousnet.1.forumer.com/index.php?s=afacecafee09593a7628a08fe9b0af50&showuser=165

Why you should pick me: Because I didn’t write a wall of text made up of complete balls to make you pick me because I want admin soooooooo bad.  :king:

Why do I want to be an admin: Becaus I r very matur in wat I do. I want to b albe to hepl lots of ppl in the game so I can look sooper cool!   :link:

Previous admin experience: Co-owned TSRP servers (eugh). Sandmod here:
    @Alex:

warlord never let us have any fun. he would always complain about lag when there wasn’t any :th_Mad:

yea, sounds like a typical sandmod to me  :dry:

@Zetanor:

He was a great sandmod then.

Inflate my ego please.
    Lots of love,
                Warlord  :wub:

[EDIT] Removed certain aspects to prevent spoiling the illusion :P (If it is an illusion)

• When will the events be to get the radio?  I only get home after 3 PM EST.

• @The:

You can tell enough of someones personality from the other posts on the forums they make and the chat logs, they’re also to dumb to see that this is probably filtering out the idiots, hence my application is here:

Name: If you can’t read my forum name then you’re an idiot.

In-game name: (The Warlord)

Time spent on NoX: Since October 2006 as stated here: http://noxiousnet.1.forumer.com/index.php?s=afacecafee09593a7628a08fe9b0af50&showuser=165

Why you should pick me: Because I didn’t write a wall of text made up of complete balls to make you pick me because I want admin soooooooo bad.  :king:

Why do I want to be an admin: Becaus I r very matur in wat I do. I want to b albe to hepl lots of ppl in the game so I can look sooper cool!   :link:

Previous admin experience: Co-owned TSRP servers (eugh). Sandmod here:
    Inflate my ego please.
    Lots of love,
                Warlord  :wub:

(I’m just here for the radio TBH - Good to see another idiot filter in action)

Okay i think warlord deserves a cookie.

• @JusticeInACan:

When will the events be to get the radio?  I only get home after 3 PM EST.

‘only’? I usually come back at 18:20.

• This wasn’t my real application, look on page 11

• In Game Name: Kris2456

Playing NoX Since: Early 2008 (I think)

Description:
    I mostly play ZS and Teamplay, as well as occasionally arena when people are on. I am from the UK, and I am available roughly during 6-10pm as well as later in the night.

Good Points:

Know the games.
    Try to help new players (pretty difficult with the whole “say blah” crowd).
    Speak 2 languages fluently (English, Polish, with some passable German).
    Am generally helpful, edit the wiki, etc.
    Am VERY keen to lay down the law, especially in ZS where there never seems to be an admin around to stop blockers.
    Understand the difference between a n00b and a newb.
    Willing to learn, and take advice.
    Not a total faggot.

Bad Points:

This would be my first Admin position.

• @Typhon:

Forum Name: Typhon
    Ingame Name(s): Typhon, John, James, Servaes, Billy, Gerald, Señor, JVNL, Sam, Fusé, piroate

Good points:

In the BeNeLux: we have a few BeNeLux admins now, so that probably doesn’t count as much as it would a while ago.
    I play a lot
    I know how to play
    I help people by instructing and teaching them. (I say they need to press F1, that makes me (over)qualified)
    I speak 4 languages
    I have a dog (pictures soon)
    I’m eating a donut right now

Bad Points:

None, since I’m liek de bets canidate.

Experience: I’m Super Admin on my Listed server

You should add self-centered to bad points.

• Someone’s probably going to [email protected]

–--------------------------------------

Name: Sickshot

Time spent on NoXious: Since Advanced Fortwars.

Bits of myself: I like to play a fair game, and when someone uses an exploit or glitch to their own advantage, it really ticks me off. I can control my anger, if someone called me names for an hour, I would probably do nothing but lol at them. I also do not show favorites to others… if my own brother was on (he does play rarely) and was breaking the rules, I would still kick/ban him. No one is truely your friend on the internet, and if they are then they must want something out of you.

Why choose me: I know what needs to be done, almost every time i’m online, I catch atleast one person ruining the game for others, or one person glitching something and somehow breaking the rules. I’ve reported over 15 people and i’ve gotten atleast 3 people permabanned for cheating or being assholes. I know how to act as an admin, and if you gave me the chance to prove to you what I could do, you wouldn’t be let down. I also play on TeamPlay, ZS, and Super Mario. I’m easy to contact, if someone needed help all they would have to do is add me to steam friends, or add me to msn.And if you were disapointed, I could be perma-banned.

–--------------------------------------

So what’s this radio award about? I get home around “2:45 pm (GMT) Pacific Time.” and I want to be here to mess around with it.

• Oh look, a chance to look like a worthy admin candidate.

Name: Exhale
    In-Game: Mr. Hacked Exhale

Time spent on NoXious -
    No fucking idea, only know I was here since advanced fort wars.

Bits of myself: -
    A giant faggot, that use most of his time with killing noobs with shockspam or blocking, teamkilling and tricking people into typing blah.
    Live in Danmark, you know that little shit country which womens look like men and niggers everywhere, soo my english is pretty fucking bad.
    I’m mostly in the teamplay server ganking someone but sometimes I go to the zs server where I call everyone faggots everytime they killsteal, I’m the only one who are allowed to do that.

Why choose me -
    Because I’m the most awesome guy ever and would be the greatest admin ever in nox history.
    I would ban everyone who wanna ban blockers, I would set humans on fire if they are camping a bathroom and send them to meatspin.
    Soo as you can read I would be the best admin ever just like Rayk, cause he’s awesome.

Bad points -
    I’m from danmark.
    My eglesh aer soper bed.
    I hate everyone
    I’m an emo.
    I love RayK to fucking much.
    I play to much.
    I’m an old player that think I’m better then everyone else.

Good points -
    ……gotta think about that.

Warlord for president admin!!!

Users

Topics