Runescape

• Let the flames begin.

So i used to play runescape with some mates. yea i was hooked a bit.

So for you graphics whores
    Any way long story short a mate told me they released a high detailed version.

http://www.runescape.com/members/members.ws

screen shots. If you ask me that is quite an improvement.

The game is ok if you play with mates. The gameplay becomes terrible after a bit and becomes nothing more then a grind.

more importantly… the new graphics, is it now worthy of being called a game in your eyes?

• Let the flames begin.

The game is ok if you play with mates. The gameplay becomes terrible after a bit and becomes nothing more then a grind.

more importantly… the new graphics, is it now worthy of being called a game in your eyes?

• It still stinks.

• No, it still sucks. Hey, lets donate €5,00 A MONTH and become “Member” that’s like super cool.

• I’d rather pay for Adventure Quest since you don’t have to play against raging kids.

• My honest opinion on the matter (incoming wall of text):

Runescape is an MMO just like any other, except they don’t bother to mask the grind-fest at later levels. WoW has a ton of grinding once you hit 70, EQ did, Guild Wars does, FFXI as well, although they tone that down after you get your second class. Thats not the bad part. I can even live with the terrible graphics, that doesn’t bother me too much. In fact, I used to play Runescape a LONG time ago, at least 8 years. It was the first MMO I ever encountered. The one singular BIG complaint I have about the game is this ‘Member’ bullshit. When they introduced it, everyone was fine, since it was a kind of “Give us 5 bucks and you get some extra stuff!” sort of thing. The majority of the game was available to Free players, and there were many a freebie fishing for lobsters off that one island (I forget the name). Then, as time went by, this “Member” shit began to grow. It became massive. Now, you can play maybe 10% of the actual game without paying. Thats what I’m pissed about. When I still played it, I made a huge fuss about it.

Thats pretty much all I have to say. Until they restore it to the majority of content being available to free members, I will never call it a ‘game’.

Short Version:
    Theres nothing in runescape that isnt usual to MMOs except for the fact that they restrict 90% of the content to ‘members’

• meh at least they have free stuff, but thing is a lot of people who where members say ur fucked once you stopped. Also i noticed when i played it the community slowly degrading from the some what intelligent and friendly people to every one being retards. I guess the internet caught up with it as it grew.

• They have always been retards, you just don’t notice it the younger you are.

• actually it was a few years ago since i played it. So you are probably right. But it has got more retarded as all the idiots try to use “1337 5p34k”

• I remember my WHOLE SCHOOL was playing that shit, they talked about it non-stop, I was driven insane by them talking about it. I played it ages before them, I had a level 2 guy who sat there for hours cutting down trees. That game fucking blew cocks, it’s poorly animated, retarded-ass community, same quests over and over again, you get what you paid for I guess…

• It’s a good MMO for younger (I guess) people because you don’t have monthly fee unless your a member and the only other MMO that I can think of that is free is Guild Wars but that still costs like 20 30 dollars but ya most people are retarded @Lord:

But it has got more retarded as all the idiots try to use “1337 5p34k”

• @Lord:

Let the flames begin.

I must admit that game was pretty addictive but yea I stopped played like 3 years ago then I was told wilderness was removed (WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT IT’S THE ONLY THING ABOUT RUNESCAPE WORTH PLAYING) Anyways the graphics are a shit load better before they were totaly crap, but in the end runescape is still crap.

• yeah sure the graphics are an upgrade……to Windows 98. this game sucked from the beginning. I used to play when i was like five. I spend most of my school year fighting off Runenerds that want to take me to their leader.

• Played it a few years ago, became a member (pity me, i was young and foolish), then stopped when i learned that everyone else there was retarted.

• @sweet_lime49:

yeah sure the graphics are an upgrade……to Windows 98.

Makes no sense. Oh! I think I get what you’re trying to say. Really: who cares about the graphics? I mean, when the gameplay is bad, the graphics can’t make it a good game.

@sweet_lime49:

I used to play when i was like five.

How old are you?

@sweet_lime49:

I spend most of my school year fighting off Runenerds that want to take me to their leader.

• Wow three quotes and a sponge….im honored.

im 14 currently XD.

• @Lord:

Let the flames begin.

Wow, looks like Runescape upgraded from 1999 graphics to 2002 technology.
    I don’t really see any graphic changes, it just looks like the camera zoomed in closer to the avatar to make it look more 3-D. Other than that, there’s not much more added detail to this monotonous 5th grader’s online realm you call a game. Good day sir.

• @Zetanor:

Makes no sense. Oh! I think I get what you’re trying to say. Really: who cares about the graphics? I mean, when the gameplay is bad, the graphics can’t make it a good game.

Graphics make the kiddies wanna play. “omg itz got gud graphix, its awsum!” Its the WAVE OF THE FUTURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE

• It’s incredible how games from 1990 to 2008 went from “awesome gameplay, poor graphics” to "awesome gameplay, poor graphics"
    But Runescape has, had and will have both poor gameplay and graphics.

• @PaperJack:

It’s incredible how games from 1990 to 2008 went from “awesome gameplay, poor graphics” to "awesome graphics, poor gameplay"
    But Runescape has, had and will have both poor gameplay and graphics.

Now it makes sense.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.