Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Water Surface Problem

• Alright, I’ve been having problems with all water surfaces for quite some time now, and I’ve just about given up.
    To show what’s basically going on…

That’s what I see when I look at the water from the top. I don’t know if it happens to anyone else on the map or not. Nothing shows up, and anything under the water gives the “seizure” effect like that of a broken skybox. I’ve also noticed that the water in sdk_water shows up just fine, and if I copy everything over from the map, it still does not work. (And I’d rather not have to go through my whole map copying things just so I can move it to sdk_water and rename it…) The water has the following:

-LOD entities
    -cubemap
    -5 sides nodrawed

Every place I look at says the same thing, and anything different does nothing.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. :dry:

• Alright, I’ve been having problems with all water surfaces for quite some time now, and I’ve just about given up.
    To show what’s basically going on…

That’s what I see when I look at the water from the top. I don’t know if it happens to anyone else on the map or not. Nothing shows up, and anything under the water gives the “seizure” effect like that of a broken skybox. I’ve also noticed that the water in sdk_water shows up just fine, and if I copy everything over from the map, it still does not work. (And I’d rather not have to go through my whole map copying things just so I can move it to sdk_water and rename it…) The water has the following:

-LOD entities
    -cubemap
    -5 sides nodrawed

Every place I look at says the same thing, and anything different does nothing.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. :dry:

• Make sure your map doesn’t have a leak.
    Also, try some alternative water materials, such as the sdk one.

The sdk water looks fine when compiled?  If so, using what engine?  Perhaps the garrysmod engine update was the start of your problem. (directx issue?)

Just throwing ideas out, I’ve had no problems with water.

• Well, one of those worked…thanks!  :biggrin:

Users

Topics