Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Damaging players after a certain amount of time.

• Can this be done aswell,

Like if a player stays in a trigger for however long, he/she takes damage after being in the trigger for an X amount of seconds.

Only way i see how it can be done is with doubling and forgiveness damage set to 1 / 0.5 and max damage to 1 or 2.

Need this kind of thing to prevent blockers in a level im making. :X

• Can this be done aswell,

Like if a player stays in a trigger for however long, he/she takes damage after being in the trigger for an X amount of seconds.

Only way i see how it can be done is with doubling and forgiveness damage set to 1 / 0.5 and max damage to 1 or 2.

Need this kind of thing to prevent blockers in a level im making. :X

• First, set the trigger_hurt to start disabled. Then, make a logic_timer entity and make the trigger_hurt start the logic_timer when a player or something touches the trigger_hurt. Also set the logic_timer to enable the trigger_hurt after the timer goes off, and finally, make the trigger_hurt stop and reset the timer and disable itself when nobody touches it.

This can all be done by creating outputs for your entities. You should go to www.interlopers.net and look at some tutorials if you don’t know how to add outputs. Anyway, this idea works. It’ll make the trigger_hurt start hurting a player after a certain amount of time the player has been inside the trigger_hurt, but there is a problem with it. It only works with one player at a time. If another player goes into the trigger_hurt after another player has arrived in it, the trigger_hurt will activate quicker for the second player going in.

Now I’m sure there is a better way to do this, but this was my first idea. You can probably come up with something better on your own after you see a few tutorials.

• Another way would be to involve a trigger_multiple, adding time Ontouching(I think). When time hits max, enable trigger_hurt.

Then, you’d have to add: OnEndTouch, Disable, Set Timer to 0.

• Alright, thanks guys, just what i needed.

• new ZS map? awesome. I always look forward to those.

• If you’re going to use a hacky method like that to prevent blocking of something then you really need to rethink the map layout.

• I dont see any other way of doing it, other than a moving teleporter, which uses the function which was described earlier, only that its attached to a moving object, after a certain amount of time, then the teleporter moves in and moves whoEVER is on the ladder.

Outside.

• …. WTF?
    people on ladders always get killed by zombies so I don’t see what is the problem.

• what about before the zombie madness starts and people are tryin to get to “safety”

• Tell me more about the situation your trying to prevent, the layout, and such.

I can probably give you a decent fix.

• At the moment, It stands as a ladder leading down into the sewers of my level, IN a road.
    The ladder will be about a medium length (368+ in height.)

The idea of the anti-block, would be to place 3 triggers with the above suggestion, with the ontouch thing.

OR the teleporter, which may cause a huge amount of lag.

I’ll post screenshots later, at the moment i cannot get into hammer because steam is quite the fail.

Im also debaiting if i should have more than one entrance into the sewers, which would seem like a better idea.

• More than one entrance, needed. Period.

• I’ll add more paths leading down once i’ve actually finished the outside part.
    Making the houses accessable aswell.

• OK, I’ll tell you what to do. make 3 ladders. not right next to each other but very close to each other. humans wont be able to camp that many ladders

Users

Topics