Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Nox2d_mariocastle_v2

• Haza! yet another one of my maps, this one is built off of Supermario World’s castle levels
    If any problems are found post them here or send me a personal message on Noxnet.

This map has been updated since its last modification!

This map has a few spining balls, one of them spining around the flag. The ball kills you but not the chain and theirs one GRANDE ballon chain in the center of the map.
    I didn’t put any turrets in because turrets would cause a tie game for this map specifically.
    nox2d_mariocastle_v2

• Haza! yet another one of my maps, this one is built off of Supermario World’s castle levels
    If any problems are found post them here or send me a personal message on Noxnet.

This map has been updated since its last modification!

This map has a few spining balls, one of them spining around the flag. The ball kills you but not the chain and theirs one GRANDE ballon chain in the center of the map.
    I didn’t put any turrets in because turrets would cause a tie game for this map specifically.
    nox2d_mariocastle_v2

• Another quality Mario Boxes map. Fix these two things before I add it:

• Top of bridge texture missing from bsp.
    • Some ball and chains are drawn behind the level so you can’t see them when they go under the ground.

You guys also don’t need to tag the map _v1, _v2, _b1, ect unless you actually have to remake the map after it’s been published to the servers. Only after it’s been officially on the server should you need to tag it.

• I see a lot of minge deaths from those ball-chains coming.
    Also, nice brick texture on the bridge :)

Edit: since the texture wasn’t packed, you had the same problem I’ve had, pakrat doesn’t seem to auto include the .vtf’s only the .vmt’s, I have to manually add the .vtf’s.  Know what’s causing this?

• works for me, try redownloading software

• You seem to spew out great maps!  :yelrotflmao:

• @Modestyiswimpy:

works for me, try redownloading software

They work for you and only you because they are already saved on your PC, you haven’t pakrated it properly.

• i could try fixing it. But most likley he is pulling vtfs and vmts to the desktop. Then into pakrat. It has to be dragged to pakrat from its subfolder under materials or else it fails.

• i have little idea what u guys are talking about  ???
    @Benjy:

They work for you and only you because they are already saved on your PC, you haven’t pakrated it properly.

When i saidthat i meant pakrat worked for me. Only a few materials didn’t work not the whole thing and i don’t know anything about dragging to desktop. i add through subfolders already. :wacko:

• Lets see if I can fix whatever you fucked up, since its possible I can fix it and know what you did wrong with pakrat through pakrat itself. Still prefer .rar’s over .zips, really dont care much for 7zip too much, right now at least.

It should work fine, I checked with crafty bsp viewer, and yeah all the textures worked fine. An easier way for you to get the auto button to work is lowercased things. I remember somewhere some version might have been the last version of pakrat made, that had problems with the upper case letters. Just create all the materials in one subfolder under materials, then drag it into pakrat’s window, as easy as auto is.

• Noticed a few odd things.
    Firstly

Why the silouette(sp?) of boo? And the M and Y? lol creepy.

Secondly

The green line shows where you actually land, and alot of the time you dont die so you can just jump out.

• ok

• Seriously…Why is boo’s silouette there? xD Is it some secret message…to find boo’s secret treasure…? Hidden under the lava that you never touch?  :naughty:

• MY for ModestyiswimpY or something like that.
    The is probably only used as a signature.

• Zetanor u are a smarty one.  :happy:

• OOooh i see! Nice way to mark your maps.
    I <3 boo =P

• now im just puttng in my name in black letters. not much different

• The map needs fixing. The passageways are simply too narrow in some cases.
    My pics will explain what needs fixing

• I think the block from the 1st pic should be made abit shorter, can be a real pain gettin up.
    As for the white blocks I like em.
    As modesty said earlier in game, the top is supposed to be safe (from traps) but complicated, whilst the bottom is easier to get across, but has more traps.

• This map is fine, you’re not trying hard enough.

Users

Topics