Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

XSI Mod Tool Textures

• Right now I’m trying to make a logo for D3vine’s new server in XSI Mod Tool. I don’t know how to apply textures. Google’s just taken a shit on itself and it isn’t helping me. The tutorials tell me to select some non-existent render toolbar. I don’t know where to turn so I guess I’ve come back to you guys.

• Right now I’m trying to make a logo for D3vine’s new server in XSI Mod Tool. I don’t know how to apply textures. Google’s just taken a shit on itself and it isn’t helping me. The tutorials tell me to select some non-existent render toolbar. I don’t know where to turn so I guess I’ve come back to you guys.

• Why would you need to model a logo, less you plan on putting a 3d model into maps.

Either way, Texturing it, least since idk what the shape is, you go click Texture, under property button near the mesh button. Towards the top of the buttons, can’t miss it.

Then click Add on the toolbar that pops up, with a mesh selected, It shows now some sort of grid picture.

Near the down arrow, bellow where you can call the texture projection something,  it normally says noicon_pic or something like that. Next to that there should be a button called New.

Click in the drop down menu from that new button, the New From File.

Browse in the window that pops up and select the texture you want. Pretty sure the program can use .vtfs also not sure what happens when you try to compile the model. Though its probably the same as using targa files for the texture (which I recommmend so they can be come vtf files later.

• Ah thank you so much Sonic. You just helped me get donator status on D3vine! Only a few more steps until admin :P

• You came back here to ask for help in order to get a better status on a sandbox server?

• Yes. I’m helping them get their server going. Right now they have 22 members but you’ve gotta start somewhere. And if I’m going to be there for a long while, I might as well get a good standing early.

Also, does this look familiar to you?

EDIT: Okay so I’m in the window with my texture but I still don’t know how to apply it to the 3D object.

• you mind if i help out tomorrow, since im going to bed now. But also after selecting the image to be a texture, click a texture map way. These would be xy, xz, and yz. You might have to also click one of these to get the texture to project if clicking xy,xz, or yz fails at working. Click cylindrical, spherical or cubical. I believe it ussually defaults to cubical.

Tomorrow if this doesn’t work I can help out, also can help compile it if needed. So going to bed now, i also like how you can map in xsi mod tool. I prefer hammer still because it just makes it simpler, and you can expport from mod tool to .vmf for maps. Still required hammer in the end.

• Alright. I pretty much got that down, I’m just used to 3DS Max that has an “Apply Texture” button.

Edit: No need to worry sonic. I finished. Here’s the final product.

Users

Topics