Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Boomstick & headcrabs

• all later weapons (sweeper, slug rifle, crossbow) get extra ammo for their weapons (example: crossbow gets 10 bolts) so why not the boomstick as well? As it is, once you get the boomstick all you can do is fire it 3 times and then thats it, back to whatever weapon you initially had. I think it would be fair if you upped the amount of starting ammo it has from 4 (2 shots) to 10 (5 shots). That seems very fair and you’ll be able to fire 6 times which is balanced when you compare it to the other shotguns.

Anyway, I appreciate how you increased the hit detection of the headcrabs to make them useful…but I think you overdid it. They are currently the strongest class in the game, even stronger than fast zombies were while moving and attacking at the same time. to quote leeroy. With the 194 update, a fast headcrab can easily take a human down to 40 once it has begun attacking
    @LEEROY:

Its simple.  Excessive hit detect, poor hitbox, that is why fast headcrabs are so powerful.  I can shoot them with a battleaxe 5 times, see blood each shot, and not have the damn thing die.  Shotguns cant even do much better.  Did i mention i have also been hit through walls with the headcrabs recently?  Its obvious something is wrong when HEADCRABS are the primary attack class in ZOMBIE survival.

My suggestion is to tweak the hit detection and make is SLIGHTLY less than what it is now or to increase the headcrab hitbox SLIGHTLY so that it is actually possible for you to defend yourself against headcrabs without loosing half your hp.

Anyway, I hope you like my suggestions.

• all later weapons (sweeper, slug rifle, crossbow) get extra ammo for their weapons (example: crossbow gets 10 bolts) so why not the boomstick as well? As it is, once you get the boomstick all you can do is fire it 3 times and then thats it, back to whatever weapon you initially had. I think it would be fair if you upped the amount of starting ammo it has from 4 (2 shots) to 10 (5 shots). That seems very fair and you’ll be able to fire 6 times which is balanced when you compare it to the other shotguns.

Anyway, I appreciate how you increased the hit detection of the headcrabs to make them useful…but I think you overdid it. They are currently the strongest class in the game, even stronger than fast zombies were while moving and attacking at the same time. to quote leeroy. With the 194 update, a fast headcrab can easily take a human down to 40 once it has begun attacking
    @LEEROY:

Its simple.  Excessive hit detect, poor hitbox, that is why fast headcrabs are so powerful.  I can shoot them with a battleaxe 5 times, see blood each shot, and not have the damn thing die.  Shotguns cant even do much better.  Did i mention i have also been hit through walls with the headcrabs recently?  Its obvious something is wrong when HEADCRABS are the primary attack class in ZOMBIE survival.

My suggestion is to tweak the hit detection and make is SLIGHTLY less than what it is now or to increase the headcrab hitbox SLIGHTLY so that it is actually possible for you to defend yourself against headcrabs without loosing half your hp.

Anyway, I hope you like my suggestions.

• boom sticks were pretty bugged out a couple updates back. havent gotten one since but this sounds good for it.

oh and headcrabs, they just run in circles hitting you, there such a bitch to kill too. by the time do you kill it, your out of ammo.

• [removed. Reason: shouldn’t have read alex’s post too quickly]

• Now a days, they sit there, at your feet, jump twice, jump past as you dodge, then repeat till you die or you get a VERY lucky shot.

• 1x agree on boomstick ammo increase.

• How much damage does the headcrab (normal) do in a hit? I can very easily hit someone on their own in a room 5 times without dying, 10 isn’t even hard.

• it doesn’t even need to aim, it takes no skill at all. All you do is left click in any direction the humans are and just keep clicking. no need to even move around and avoid being shot because left click apparently takes care of that for you.

• Headcrabs wouldn’t be a problem if you stopped going outside. I can’t change their hitboxes btw.

I’ll change boomstick starting ammo up to 10.

• Even inside: I can do a perfectly clean shot, see the blood, and watch it rampage even though I sprayed a SHOTGUN in its face.

Oh well. Time to learn their hitboxing.

• @JetBoom:

Headcrabs wouldn’t be a problem if you stopped going outside. I can’t change their hitboxes btw.

But, I though preventing people from going outside was supposed to be the responsibility of the wraiths. Well…. could you perhaps set their health back to the way it used to be before the 194 update, at least? they were already very powerful then but they weren’t overpowered which is why I didn’t complain back then. However, now with their new health… yeah. :-/ Anyway, thanks for sorting out the boomstick ammo. I look forward to using it now.

• No, wraith are the bane of hallways and most house trekkers.

• If there was a problem with the headcrab’s health before, why not something in between the current health and what it used to be?

• your not exactly getting the problem. Headcrabs are getting harder to hit and do damage to, compared to an earlier update which they could be shot at and killed but had speed over health. I havn’t been on zs recently so i wouldn’t know.

• It’s the health.

We’re hitting just as much as before. They can just suck up a HELL of a lot more damage, making them overpowered.

• so why not just give them 1 hp :dry:

oh im sorry, /sarcasm

• then you’d get retards falling off of high places without using headcrab jump, so they die of fall damage.

• Which is important because headcrabs dont take fall damage when they jump.

• Just give headcrabs the health they used to have. Battle axe used to be a 1 hit kill against them. Now its 2, pea is at least 3-4, and the weak ass bulletstorm takes  20. That is when the hitboxes are actually working.

Users

Topics