Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Meet Europe.

• Meet Europe

Seeying how all events are held at times it’s impossible for us to join.

Eg. My time zone is GMT+1 meaning there’s a 6 hour difference with New York,
    meaning it’s impossible for us (Europeans) to partake in events like:

NoX League Soccer held at 11pm; 5 am for us
    RP Town held at  7 - 9pm; 1 - 3 am for us
    NoXious against Darkaland soccer 7 pm; 1 am for us
    etc…

Note: some events can take like 2-3 hours and sometimes are delayed by an hour or something, like the marioparty which started 2 hours late

I’ve never been able to complete an event due to the starting time being to late (and possibly delayed) and my studies (Which forces me to get up at 6pm)

(Statement made)

Suggestions

• The events are held twice, first one is for zi Americans and the second one for us Europians some days later, led by Europian admins or American ones that have some spare time.

Seeying how an event only needs lockdown and 1 Full Admin to coordinate I can’t detect any possible problems.

-OR-

The events are held at a reasonable time (2pm) for both continents causing a 40 slots sandbox server insufficient

• Meet Europe

Seeying how all events are held at times it’s impossible for us to join.

Eg. My time zone is GMT+1 meaning there’s a 6 hour difference with New York,
    meaning it’s impossible for us (Europeans) to partake in events like:

NoX League Soccer held at 11pm; 5 am for us
    RP Town held at  7 - 9pm; 1 - 3 am for us
    NoXious against Darkaland soccer 7 pm; 1 am for us
    etc…

Note: some events can take like 2-3 hours and sometimes are delayed by an hour or something, like the marioparty which started 2 hours late

I’ve never been able to complete an event due to the starting time being to late (and possibly delayed) and my studies (Which forces me to get up at 6pm)

(Statement made)

Suggestions

• The events are held twice, first one is for zi Americans and the second one for us Europians some days later, led by Europian admins or American ones that have some spare time.

Seeying how an event only needs lockdown and 1 Full Admin to coordinate I can’t detect any possible problems.

-OR-

The events are held at a reasonable time (2pm) for both continents causing a 40 slots sandbox server insufficient

• I agree with this.

Being from Denmark can really be a pain in the ass <.< if you want to take part in a event.

• In before rejected.

But no, seriously. The trouble is the lack of build server to be able to put into lockdown to begin with, and as far as I’m aware other admins can’t put up servers, therefore events cannot be held. JetBoom is american, so he holds american events. Other admins could take it upon themselves to organise events but that’s not what the admins are here for, they still have other servers to monitor and lives to live.

Again I’m afraid I have to say, more european admins, but pick people that actually contribute rather than sit and watch for hours on end.

• So…. whats wrong with holding an event at 4 PM new york time?
    both USA and euro people can join in then.

• Im new to the Nox community, but i’m from England, it’d be nice to take part in events when they come up.

• @CS:

So…. whats wrong with holding an event at 4 PM new york time?
    both USA and euro people can join in then.

That’s 1 PM for me, I’m either in school or sleeping. I think 3PST/6EST is decent enough for everybody

• Wait wait, we’re talking about weekend right ?
    Because in weekdays zi Americans are at school/work/to busy being unemployed.

• Welfare is cool.

• @Typhon:

Wait wait, we’re talking about weekend right ?
    Because in weekdays zi Americans are at school/work/to busy being unemployed.

I take my unemployment very seriously…and if it makes you feel better I missed it to and I live on the east coast

• Unless you live on the east coast of africa you shouldn’t have missed it…

• Great gameplay improvement oh wait this has nothing to do with gameplay.

I’m not staying up until 4AM and I do things in the afternoon.

• JetBoom has real life work to do (He has a degree in Chemistry).

• Cool. I live in norway

• @JetBoom:

I do things in the afternoon.

4-5pm is still in the afternoon and suits both, or you can atleast allow admins to “rehost” it at a reasonable time.

• @superadamw00t:

Unless you live on the east coast of africa you shouldn’t have missed it…

No I live in the US…I missed it because I had to go to sleep as I had something do do at 7:15AM the next morning called High School

• I have the same issue, i have given up going to most events.

• Move to EST Zone or stop lagging us!!!

• @Kenny:

JetBoom has real life work to do (He has a degree in Chemistry).

You can have a degree in Chemistry and still sit on your arse all day.
    In under a year i will have a degree in Biochemistry. So what?

• You must be new to real life.

Users

Topics