Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Skyboxes in Gmod

• I have a 3d skybox that renders fine in HL2 mode, but in Gmod it’s all skewed with the hall of mirrors effect.  I saw that several of the maps we play regularly used to have good skyboxes and then with the recent gmod update thier skyboxes were screwed like mine and still are.  So something changed with the way gmod handles skyboxes.  Anyone know what it is so I can avoid it and get my sky working right?

• I have a 3d skybox that renders fine in HL2 mode, but in Gmod it’s all skewed with the hall of mirrors effect.  I saw that several of the maps we play regularly used to have good skyboxes and then with the recent gmod update thier skyboxes were screwed like mine and still are.  So something changed with the way gmod handles skyboxes.  Anyone know what it is so I can avoid it and get my sky working right?

• might have to do with orangebox compile or such because the ancient gm9 map had that mirror effect on on side of the skybox and somewhat the trippy stare into the void thing happen in areas where skybox should be. Recompiling it fixed it but i used orange box sdk not ep 1 for it. To be honest im not sure if that compile is the reason it fixed or if it just had a screwed skybox after the ob update. Just saying what worked for me. Hoping this helps somewhat or at least point in a general direction of the problem

• Sonic you should use your shift key sometimes.

• I suggest using the Ep:1 SDK for map compiling… thats what i use all the time… works for me!

• Whatever it was it stopped happening when I recompiled so I guess nevermind.

• adam shift on my phones broke so really cant. Its more jammed then broke and after periods it auto shifts. I can try unjamming it and plan on bringing it in to be fixed.

• oh sorry :(
    So you always type from your phone?

• You see in that upper corner like area of my post, kinda has a picture of a page ussually? Near the posts subject re w/e.

if its a phone i posted from my phone. And finally got the shift thing un stuck…. But basically the phone icon means posted mobile wise  if its something else I just forgot to hit shift or pressed it but not at the same time as my finger hit the key. Basically now its unstuck so I can use shift long as it doesn’t get stuck again or I forget its there.

• oh

• There’s this amazing new invention called a “computer”, Sonic. :P

• Its just lets say i use it when out and not at my comp. Otherwise I know of the wonders of a full sized keyboard and computer.

Users

Topics