Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Nox_Altus

• Ever since I became good at mapping, my brain has been hungering for mapping challenges.
    And now, I was bored, and felt like making a map to nox. So I did.

nox_Altus:

The map:

The stair(s) in the middle:

The spawn house:

(The images are a little bit small)

That white stuff underneath the map are clouds. Because this map is supposed to be far up in the air. Hence the name Altus, wich is High in Latin.
    When you see the clouds under you, it gives a calming feeling. But I don’t have dreadnauts bombarding my ass :biggrin:

I am currently modifying the map to look better, and I fixed the clouds.

Download the BSP: http://files.filefront.com/nox+altusbsp/;9949001;/

• Ever since I became good at mapping, my brain has been hungering for mapping challenges.
    And now, I was bored, and felt like making a map to nox. So I did.

nox_Altus:

The map:

The stair(s) in the middle:

The spawn house:

(The images are a little bit small)

That white stuff underneath the map are clouds. Because this map is supposed to be far up in the air. Hence the name Altus, wich is High in Latin.
    When you see the clouds under you, it gives a calming feeling. But I don’t have dreadnauts bombarding my ass :biggrin:

I am currently modifying the map to look better, and I fixed the clouds.

Download the BSP: http://files.filefront.com/nox+altusbsp/;9949001;/

• There doesn’t need to be a wall in the middle since Jet is adding it using LUA.
    The maps looks kinda plain but I would really want to play it.
    I would give you a creative but I can’t.

• I looked at other maps, and most of them were a bit plain, so I chose that type of map.
    But it’s bigger than the SourceForts maps, at least all that I’ve played in nox.
    Thanks, posting the download link now.

• You should add those colored flag/core stances to the flag/core room.

• Aren’t those added later by Jet?

• No.

• Added, and compiled.

• dont forget oblesks and other ents… Refer to the stickys about nox mapping for their classes or names. Also if its not all maps are suuposed to if a build map be named noxctf_name or nobuilds noxctfnb_name. (on my phone so i cant comment too much just based on what people say.

• From what I know Jet adds those ingame.

• Used to*

• Still can.

Do you even test your maps? 18FPS at best because of all the particle shit in the skybox. Clears up to 80FPS when I removed the particles (which still isn’t a lot for a simple map like this). Almost all of the geometry should be func_detail.

• Yes, I do test my maps, but I didn’t have any problem.
    Ok, removing the clouds, and making every brush a func_detail.
    And I’m going to expand the map.

• Also if its standing into the sky, maybe have a low fog at the base of the map, leading a bit into a skybox if your okay at 3d skyboxes, and a pillar leading down into the said fog. (light fog not heavy lagging type)

• Yeah, I’ll do that.

Users

Topics