Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Main PC's PSU fried.

• :th_clap:

Unless I can get my games working on this scrapheap of a PC, I won’t be joining you guys in-game for awhile until I get a new one from Dell or just buy a whole new PC.  Sucks, I know.

• :th_clap:

Unless I can get my games working on this scrapheap of a PC, I won’t be joining you guys in-game for awhile until I get a new one from Dell or just buy a whole new PC.  Sucks, I know.

• I’ve been playing once or twice a month for the last 7 months… But I’ll be back in action soon, once I move out of this shitty rez.

• you could buy a new power supply for your computer instead of buying a whole new comp. And you sure its the psu not somethings loose inside.

• I’m with Sonic on this.

Also, what are the specifications of your old computer?

• I’m just not in the mood to keep fucking with this Dell, and I don’t even know if the guys carry PSUs for four year old computers.  I can’t get a standard ATX either, since Dell’s been using proprietary PSUs since 98.  Also, Sonic, trust me, it’s a power issue.  The PC starts up if I unplug all of my USB devices except my keyboard.

Anyway,

Dell Dimension 4700
    Seagate SATA 160 GB HDD
    Pentium 4 520 HT 2.8 GHz
    Visiontek Radeon X1300 XGE
    2 GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
    ADI 198x Integrated Audio

• seems like your usb is short circuiting or something. Also dell shold carry a compatible psu. Some psu’s are backwardscompatible. Also if dell is still using the same type of motherboard (form factor) the psu most likley is going to work if you ask them

• @JusticeInACan:

Pentium 4 520 HT 2.8 GHz

So why on earth are you complaining? Its a lot better than my current PC……
    Wait, is this the specification of your old computer or your current one?

• I’m complaining maybe because my PC isn’t able to start?  I gave the specs of my normal one, not the current rig I used for Linux before.

Anyway, from what I’ve read, the 4700 is one of the exceptions to the rule.  I’ll be going soon to get a new one.

• you getting a whole new comp of the same model r just he psu like i suggested.

• I guess the picture of the PSU out obviously doesn’t give enough implication.

I’ll get this one.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=171018

• @JusticeInACan:

I won’t be joining you guys in-game for awhile until I get a new one from Dell

@JusticeInACan:

Dell

:king:

• I got the PC four years ago when I was 13.  I didn’t know any better.

• justice i cant se any pictures let alone ussually tell if there any in the thread when posing the way i am. When i posted that question i was at lifeguard re-certification for my job.

• @JusticeInACan:

:th_clap:

Unless I can get my games working on this scrapheap of a PC, I won’t be joining you guys in-game for awhile until I get a new one from DellFAIL… or just buy a whole new PC.  Sucks, I know.

• Oh wow, even with the new PSU it doesn’t work right.  My fans speed up really fast, I get no screen, and now I get continuous, rapid beeps.

• How many beeps, count them then I could tell you what’s wrong.

• My computers skills arn’t what I want them to be, but my father have a Master’s Degree in Computer science helps…

…< still no dice Justice?..  there’s always so many things that can go wrong… have you considered the Motherboard?..

:sleep: well I’ll offer what I can, however helpful/useless it ends up being.

• heh benjy arnt beep codes just the best? Well at least they are there or else justice would be s.o.l. But seriously if you say how many beeps and long short you would know whats wrong. benjy probably would know more beep codes then i do from my tech class. All i remember is 3 long beeps meant the rams fried, and 2 beeps forgot if long or short, think it was short meant something (in my case) the ram wasnt seated/ placced fully in that socket it goes in on the motherboard.

• I already disassembled it and got a new PC.

SATA 720 GB HDD
    AMD Phenom 9500 X4 Quad Core
    Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
    3 GB DDR2 SD RAM
    Realtek 5.1 High-Definition Audio

$740.  :uglylaugh:

Users

Topics