Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Mario Redux. [ABANDONED]

• I’m going to learn Lua and do a remake of the Mario gamemode that used to be in gmod 9. My knowledge of lua is basically non-existant so any support from anyone with experience will be appreciated. (I don’t want anyone to do it for me I’ll just need someone to clarify any functions or arguments I don’t understand). Credit will be given where credit is due, JetBoom for the original, Nintendo for mario etc. Should take me a good few months.

What is the mario gamemode?

The mario gamemode consists of two teams of boxes, Luigi (Green) and Mario (Red). You can only move left and right across a mario-esque map. Jumping ontop of another player kills them. The aim of the game is to destroy the enemy teams bowser at the other end of the map by jumping on it’s head a certain number of times. You can upgrade your box by hitting the “?” boxes and picking up what comes out of them. This will make your box bigger with the mushroom, shoot fireballs with the flower, be able to triple jump with the cape, or be invincible and kill enemies upon touch with the star powerup.

This version will feature three maps, which will use actual mario textures and will be set across 3 different mario locations. More will be added if it proves popular.

Suggestions are welcome.

I’ll continue with this project unless JetBoom shoots me down and says “No, I’m making one”

• I’m going to learn Lua and do a remake of the Mario gamemode that used to be in gmod 9. My knowledge of lua is basically non-existant so any support from anyone with experience will be appreciated. (I don’t want anyone to do it for me I’ll just need someone to clarify any functions or arguments I don’t understand). Credit will be given where credit is due, JetBoom for the original, Nintendo for mario etc. Should take me a good few months.

What is the mario gamemode?

The mario gamemode consists of two teams of boxes, Luigi (Green) and Mario (Red). You can only move left and right across a mario-esque map. Jumping ontop of another player kills them. The aim of the game is to destroy the enemy teams bowser at the other end of the map by jumping on it’s head a certain number of times. You can upgrade your box by hitting the “?” boxes and picking up what comes out of them. This will make your box bigger with the mushroom, shoot fireballs with the flower, be able to triple jump with the cape, or be invincible and kill enemies upon touch with the star powerup.

This version will feature three maps, which will use actual mario textures and will be set across 3 different mario locations. More will be added if it proves popular.

Suggestions are welcome.

I’ll continue with this project unless JetBoom shoots me down and says “No, I’m making one”

• I suggest that you make the bowser actually attack you rather than being defenseless, perhaps he could breath fire melons in a random pattern and if you get hit you die.

make more maps cause I think there is only one that i’ve played so far.

• Translated: JetBoom bring back Mario.

• @Typhon:

Translated: JetBoom bring back Mario.

No, I am actually planning to see this through. I want the experience  :dry:

• Well i don’t know what it exactly is, some info about the gamemode itself ?

• It was a game where you move using A and D to move left and right accordingly spacebar or W was used to jump up, using that you had to navigate your way around the map to the enemies “bowser” which was hidden through hard jumps due to the controls being a bit stiff sometimes and warp pipes then just jump on top of the enemies bowser to kill him.

You also kill other players by jumping on their heads.

• Well he didn’t say whether or not he was going to remake it yet.

• i said may. But it would be cool to see it as a full game mode.

• Mario was bad.

• Mario sucks?

• Mario is a classic.

• I stand by my earlier statement….

• It was a nice diversion from standard NoX/ZS.

• god to remember the days of mario playing 5 hours of it at a time.
    i have way to much free time but mario was worth it.
    and i dont remember a cape from the gmod 9 one i do remember the hammerbros powerup that made you throw axes

• @JusticeInACan:

Mario was bad.

no ur faec is bad lol.  :yelrotflmao:  :yelrotflmao:  :yelrotflmao:

• Abandoned due to new job demands. (I need to learn C for my job, not lua and I don’t have time to learn multiple languages at once) Might revive in a few weeks time.

MMMMMM                           
                            MM77II77NMM                         
                   MMMMMM .MMM….77777MM                       
                MMN…MMIMMMMM.OOZI $$777MM                     
               MN…7MMMMMMMM,.8:O.$$$$$$$M                     
               M.,:MMMM8$$$$$$$MOM$$$$$$$$M                 
               MM,.= MMMMMMMD$$$ZZZMN$$$$$$MM               
                M+,.,.MMNMN$ZZOONN$$$$$MD                 
                 MMMM…,+M+M
    ~~:NM$OO8M$$$$$M+               
                 MM…M?M~:M~~DMMM$$$$$DMM               
                  ~MM~=~~MMM8M$$$$$$M               
                    M~=~~~~~~~~~~MM88NMMMNZZM             
                    M=+==~MMMN88M~==MMM           
                     MM:
    ~=MDDDDDM?~:MM
    M
    =~M               
                      MMDDDDDDDDMM+~~~~7~=:M               
                       MMMMDDDDDM?~~~~~~~~~~~~M             
                        MZM~M8ZZM==~~~~MOMMMMM               
                         MM$M$MD=+=~=MMMMMMMM                 
                 MMMMM    MM7MMMMMMMOM$$$$ZO$MM             
               8MM$$Z$MMMMM7M$$M777NOO8MD$$ZNM~.MM             
              MMMZZZZZZMM~N777MMM77NZOO8$MM …~MM           
              MDMOOOOOOM=8777M===M7DZOO88NMI…,.MN         
              MM:DOOOOOMM$777M??IM777MMNM$…,.M…M         
               MM:OOOOOOM77777NMN77777$$$M:…M…M           
                MMNOOOOOMN777777777$$$ZMMMD,M…,MM         
                ~M~M888OMMM$$$$$$$$ZOMMO8OOM.~::: MM           
                 MMMMMMMM.MMN7ZZZZOOMMODZZZZOMMMMM           
                            MMMMMMMMMMOZZZZZZMMM               
                                     MZZZZZZZM:M               
                                     MM$ZZZZZ8:M+           
                                      M7$ZZZZO~M             
                                      MM7$$$$MMM             
                                        MMMMM

• hi i want to make this gamemode but i dont know how to so please make it for me thx.

• Woops I didn’t read that you were gonna do it later.

Users

Topics