Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

Assists in Assault

• in Assault, a lot of the time you get no reward for doing a lot of damage to an enemy player but somebody else finishing them.

These are a few options i thought of:

1. base rewarded silver on damage delt rather than kills
    2. give money for assists as well as and having assists on the scoreboard (is this possible?)
    3. the voting system based on damage rather than kills, for people who do little damage but do it when thier enemies have low health get more votes than other players who are dealing tons of damage

If option 2 IS passed;

1. make new awards for numbers of assists

• in Assault, a lot of the time you get no reward for doing a lot of damage to an enemy player but somebody else finishing them.

These are a few options i thought of:

1. base rewarded silver on damage delt rather than kills
    2. give money for assists as well as and having assists on the scoreboard (is this possible?)
    3. the voting system based on damage rather than kills, for people who do little damage but do it when thier enemies have low health get more votes than other players who are dealing tons of damage

If option 2 IS passed;

1. make new awards for numbers of assists

• i thinkt his was already suggested once, yet was left the bottom of the suggestion box to die slowly. though it might have been assists to the flag carrier by casting spells on him for silver.  Thread mentioned is at http://noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=2625.0 it has some ideas that you metnioned in a sort of odd way.

• Assists are a shit idea don’t add it or I will just leave the game, jugger spams bullets for 2 damage then I meteor the person, so that twat gets an assist and so do I but the twat only did 2 damage, therefore it should be his assist it should be my KILL, because the spell did the most damage.

• i doubt it would be added, the assist flag carrier thing might be possible but shared captures would be awkward from the linked thread

• Maybe if a player carrying the flag dies within a certain radius of their flag stand, and someone else on the team picks it up and caps, the cap should go to both.

• Or you only get an assist if you dealt 50 damage or more to an enemy. Or 1/4th of the enemy’s total health.

• More like 50% gets you an assist.

• Numbers are up To Jet. I was just making an example. :<

• yes, you wouldn’t get an assist for doing 2 damage, there would be a requirement.

anyone who has call of duty 4 will know about the assist thing they use

• Or Team Fortress 2. Their assist thing works really well in my opinion.

• shamefull bump

• 1 and 3
    4 maybe if the damage done is within 10+ or - then the money will be equally shared.

• Or just percentages…
    15 Damage to a Warrior (1/10) of his HP = 1/10th of the reward.
    75 Damage to a Warrior (1/2) of his HP = 1/2 of the reward
    I think that would be the best.

• or if you look in rejected you’ve seen assists have been rejected for both assualt and zs for kills, possibly will or has been for flag caps. So honestly enough with this idea.

Examples of assist kills being rejected: http://noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=5080.0
    http://noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=4740.0
    Heres a rejection of assists in flag carrying: http://noxiousnet.com/forums/index.php?topic=2625.0

Just showing you its been thought of and why it wound up being rejected, or just the thread it was suggested in. Some/ most probably don’t have any reasons.

• @frvwfr2:

Or just percentages…
    15 Damage to a Warrior (1/10) of his HP = 1/10th of the reward.
    75 Damage to a Warrior (1/2) of his HP = 1/2 of the reward
    I think that would be the best.

Exactly what i was trying to say.

• I think if you deal 40% of the damage and you have done damage in the last 10 seconds you get an assist point. Mabye assist point only counts as 1/2 a point and you need two for it to appear as a point?

• you guys did see my post with the links right…… Not saying you dont have any chance of getting this to work or to be accepted just pointing things like where its been suggested and didnt work. So keep on topic without weird side suggestions and maybe it has a chance.

• People steal kills all the time, get used to it. If you get better then you’ll get the kill…

Not to mention then people will whine for stuff like healers getting points of helping the warrior

NoX is not TF2

• And Nox isn’t Halo 2 but it has CTF.

Users

Topics