Call of duty 4: questions.

• 1. If I buy the game in the store can i run it on steam like I would buy it on steam (Recieve updates etc…)
    2. If i play the game using steam, can i play with some other guys who don’t play it using steam ?

(It’s just i’ve never bought a non-steam game…)

• 1. If I buy the game in the store can i run it on steam like I would buy it on steam (Recieve updates etc…)
    2. If i play the game using steam, can i play with some other guys who don’t play it using steam ?

(It’s just i’ve never bought a non-steam game…)

• You can play people with out steam i think.
    You can add a shortcut to steam for sure but i dunno about adding it to your account.

• Didn’t work with my trackmania nations… but that had it’s own account system.

Try the steam forums, you’ll probably get a more official responce there…

or just buy it from steam :P

• I asked the same about Civilisation 4. It is EXACTLY the same as the in-store game, its just downloaded via steam.

• I got the HL2/CS box a few years ago and it uses steam and gets all the updates. I’m not entirely sure about the second question, you’d get better support in the official steam support forum. Even though they always ignore my topics. Assholes…

• Administrators

Steam will just give you automatic updates and allow you to download it from them once it’s in your account. That’s it.

• You need to actually purchase the game on steam to get the autoupdates.

Actually, CoD4 doesn’t seem to get autoupdates from Steam, I’ve had to actually start the game, and click “check for updates”, which is very fast and painless anyways.

Don’t know if they fixed it yet, but before you couldn’t play it online through Steam unless you disabled overlay, which is lame because that’s why I bought it on Steam.

• Sorry for the bumb.

Will i get the extra content if i add it to my steam games ? (for gmod that is)

• Call of Duty 4 doesn’t use the source engine… so no…

• Okay, i have the all the answers i need.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.