Z Mains...

• So we seem to be seeing an epidemic of self-loathing zmaining. Is it a problem that needs addressed or should we be indifferent about it? Discuss.

• I don’t necessarily have a problem with people “ZMaining” as from my point of view they are simply volunteering to be zombie. If that particular player is a good zombie player, then humans need to perform better to counteract their attacks, I.E. increased difficulty.

The real issue is people suiciding solely to skip maps, as it is much more impactful than people “ZMaining”. People would type /mapstats in chat and if the winrate wasn’t above 10% they would just type Kill in console to get the map over quicker.

There have been some steps to resolve this issue, as I believe JetBoom made the /mapstats command only available to admins, which is a big step forward in stopping this issue. We need to stop shining the spotlight on “ZMains” in particular and focus on the issue of people trying to skip maps.

• Players that hit mouse1 shouldn’t impede you from playing the game, just toughen up.
    Zmains look good because human team makes mistakes, so don’t make mistakes and you’ll be fine. Also, its very satisfying to make a zmain suffer for 6 waves, blasting their brains out and teasing them when you escape through the door is pleasing.

• Hmm… Not sure if the mapstats would work that well since many zmains know the “bad” maps. But it’s a start.

Lando you are right in that zombies have an easier job of just clicking. Against half decent zombies, humans need teamwork and some logical play to win. The issue is that many humans don’t have this logic.

If you have a few good zombies, the game becomes very difficult to win as human. I think the buffs need to go completely. They already get wraiths at wave 1 and jumping flesh creepers, which makes nest destruction a less valuable asset.

• I have more of an issue with people mass-suiciding to skip maps than just regular Z-Maining. It’s just a different way to play the game. It’s possible Z-Mains throw off wave 1 balance too much, but it’s not a major issue in the long run, and might simply need some analysis and minor tweaking to the wave 1 buffs. If humans are too brain-dead to deal with them then they probably aren’t going to last 6 waves anyway.

• I fixed an oversight with extra health zombies were getting. Wave 1 zombies were buffed across the board, sure, fine, patient zero was removed. But what I missed was there was also a capped infliction increase giving them like almost double health. Some zombies would spawn with 450hp. I’ve fixed this now and made it only pertain to when zombies disconnect.

Tell me how this plays when it gets pushed (there’s also an urgent SOCOM fix to go along with this.)

@lando said in Z Mains...:

Players that hit mouse1 shouldn’t impede you from playing the game, just toughen up.
    Zmains look good because human team makes mistakes, so don’t make mistakes and you’ll be fine. Also, its very satisfying to make a zmain suffer for 6 waves, blasting their brains out and teasing them when you escape through the door is pleasing.

To be fair, you’re quite right, I always fail to understand how in my personal experience I’m like 99% of one of the last humans to die when I play human.

• Sometimes I wish there was an IQ test for new people. Why? Because I can’t explain that abnormal stupidity from 70% of humans. Some really good players use that in their advantage and go as a zombie instead.

• what we really need to do something about is those FUCKING H MAINS.

• Remove XP gain from being a zombie

It’s a lose condition anways.

• I’m gonna monitor the global winrate for the next few days and see what happens.

If you’ve got RCON you can ask me for the command to print it.

• 0_1520123612936_zs_dezecrated_va0000.jpg

0_1520123618554_zs_dezecrated_va0001.jpg

0_1520123622071_zs_dezecrated_va0002.jpg

0_1520123624433_zs_dezecrated_va0003.jpg

0_1520123626975_zs_dezecrated_va0005.jpg

0_1520123629281_zs_dezecrated_va0006.jpg

0_1520123631340_zs_dezecrated_va0007.jpg

• Where’s the frame with Timeroller?

• @raox said in Z Mains...:

Where’s the frame with Timeroller?

0_1520135702237_base.png

• 0_1520156032199_hqdefault.jpg

• There is only one way.
    alt text

• Win rate seems to have converged towards 10%, about where it should be.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.