Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.
[ZS] Combine Arsenal Crates/Resupply Boxes with trinket counterpart
ritzbits last edited by ritzbits
When Arsenal Crates are packed or when a player has an arsenal crate in their inventory, the crate appears on the player’s back functioning as a mobile Arsenal Crate (same as current trinket). Players can place them down and it will disappear from their back. This simplifies having two Arsenal Crates types and renders them always available to other players regardless if it’s in a player’s inventory. Above applies to Resupply Boxes and Arsenal trinket.
Resolves the following issues:
- Players who have arsenal crates/resupply boxes but don’t place them down
- Not being able to purchase from an arsenal crate on objective maps because it was packed up already
- Using arsenal crate trinkets on only on objective maps/having both arsenal crates and arsenal crate trinkets on objective maps; same for resupply boxes
- Choosing between arsenal trinkets vs arsenal crate; arsenal crates are much easier to purchase from and arsenal trinket owners can’t place them down
- Buyer’s Insight/Supplier’s Acuity showing players with arsenal crates/resupply boxes in their inventory; with this change players won’t have to distinguish between arsenal crates/resupply boxes in inventory (cannot collect) vs arsenal trinkets/resupply trinkets and ones placed down (can collect)
Also increases convenience for humans as more mobile resupply boxes will be seen; also gives humans the ability to purchase anytime on objective maps since arsenal crates require constant packing. Some humans may miss opportunities to purchase from the shop if the arsenal was packed up already.
- how to merge collecting from resupply box trinket first-person view in hand vs. wireframe used for placing down
- movement speed penalty
Mon Feb 19 21:31:36 2018 <STEAM_0:1:104513067> Binyot: no forcefield <mossman> Mon Feb 19 21:31:41 2018 <STEAM_0:0:5888158> yabblah: not a single forcefield buyer Mon Feb 19 21:32:38 2018 <STEAM_0:0:5888158> yabblah: i had 70 points Mon Feb 19 21:32:39 2018 <STEAM_0:1:17364577> SOS-団 Tyler1274 redeemed as models/zombie/poison.mdl while a Poison Zombie Mon Feb 19 21:32:42 2018 <STEAM_0:0:5888158> yabblah: then u packed up arsenal Mon Feb 19 21:32:43 2018 <STEAM_0:0:5888158> yabblah: lmao *(from random rounds)* M_0:1:19045957> Raox [Team Say | Survivors]: put down the crate. 12 17:03:33 2018 <STEAM_0:1:95863605> Lando: put down the resupply 19773260> Mr. Shisai [Team Say | Survivors]: PUT DOWN ARS 1:00:52 2018 <STEAM_0:0:54994190> Paper: omg put down the arse 2018 <STEAM_0:1:43626242> Watzi: pokkel wont put down the resupply 0:0:62694791> chiken [Team Say | Survivors]: put down a resupply ...
Raox last edited by
This would be okay. The packs themselves are clunky on their own.
I want to also fix floating arsenal packs. The issue occurs when the pack goes out of pvs or the player the stops drawing. Looks like I’ll have to make it rely on server positioning separately or something.
ritzbits last edited by ritzbits
movement speed penalty (
Raox last edited by Raox
Removed the penalty, forgot to add to commit log. I’ll get around to combining these, just need to think about how to technically approach it.