The quirky weapon that is Cinderrod

• A few days ago I was browsing the craftable weapons and since the Cinderrod is very easy to make, I got to it.
    The weapon uses buckshot ammo, so I didn’t need to spend much points to be effective while taking scrap from the resupply crates.

The weapon started to really shine once perfected (around end wave 4, idk) and I plan on using it again, though I’m not sure if I’m doing it right.

I needed a constant pet-medic to heal me of the about 10 dmg I take with each shot. I got a perk or two that decrease damage on self and have my eyes fixed on the one that decreases explosive damage taken by -40%. I assume that perk will decrease the damage taken by a few points but it’s still quirky.

The weapon isn’t nearly powerful enough to warrant the constant damage taken, and even when hitting a zombie from 60 feet away, the damage taken seems the same.

Eh, I figured I must’ve been using it wrong or something, but no-one on the server then had any experience with the weapon. Zoundery told me once that you need to build into it with perks, but aside the pair that decrease damage to self and the one that cuts explosive damage taken by 40% I wouldn’t know which to activate.

help a man out

• @stark-raving-mad
    What you are asking for is ғᴏʀʙɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ.
    alt text

• @frugert Damn you! Tell me now!

• try using trinkets

• Egocentric
    Blast Proof
    Detonation

• With out perks when I use it it takes about over half of my health so 65 damage to self while I’m too focused on not killing my self Idk if I’m actually hitting or killing anything once on nuke town when everyone was not trying I jumped out and while tuning I fired at them far away hits them and sets them on fire I think it also killed them but besides that I still took damage

• @darkblood said in The quirky weapon that is Cinderrod:

With out perks when I use it it takes about over half of my health so 65 damage to self while I’m too focused on not killing my self Idk if I’m actually hitting or killing anything once on nuke town when everyone was not trying I jumped out and while tuning I fired at them far away hits them and sets them on fire I think it also killed them but besides that I still took damage

what

• Does some one know the damage of the cinder rod and or where I can find the stats (because on the forum there a downloaded able documents that aren’t 100% up to date is there up to date ones)

• @darkblood f1->weapon database

• It has a single inaccurate round with the full damage and then deals 75% of that damage at the target as explosive damage, with a chance to ignite, duration based on the damage. It also explodes on you for 55 damage.

• So the damage of the single round is let’s say x and then it takes +75% more damage of x and then has a % chance to put them on fire which does 1 dps for a random duration. Is this correct then what is x
    Ps with the perks I have I believe I only take 11 or 5 damage.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.