Forums are in read-only mode. Data has been backed up but be sure to save anything you want.

[ZS] Map Improvement Thread

• This place is to discuss what maps need to be improved.

Please post your opinion on what maps you think need work.

After more people give their opinionms i will make a list in the op, listing maps that have problems.

• this is a really bad thread if you don’t state which maps are shit and just state some are bad.

We had a “mediocre maps” thread before. Maybe state why a map is bad (not just because it has a low winrate) and post it in this thread. I think with good reasoning you’ll get your point across.

On a side note, I think you could allow people to go outside on Nacht (which is commonly quoted as being a bad map). The spawns are very spread apart so hard to keep totally locked down and it gives a chance for the new patient zero zombies to kill idiots. The dynamic is much stronger and much more interesting there.

• make zs easier plz

bring back barricade practice maps

• A “bad map” isn’t necessarily just a hard map. Hard maps are good and fun for zombies. That being said, some maps (like Nacht) are obscenely difficult, to the point where humans don’t even try to cade sometimes.

Actual bad maps are ones that run like shit, are buggy, are very unfairly balanced, have very stupidly placed zombie spawns, way too few props, etc.

If you feel like compiling a list of the maps you consider “bad” and give reasoning as to why you think they’re bad, then maybe they could be considered for modification or removal. Without that, saying “map is bad, remove it” is a useless argument.

• @raox said in [ZS] Too Many bad Maps:

this is a really bad thread if you don’t state which maps are shit and just state some are bad.

We had a “mediocre maps” thread before. Maybe state why a map is bad (not just because it has a low winrate) and post it in this thread. I think with good reasoning you’ll get your point across.

On a side note, I think you could allow people to go outside on Nacht (which is commonly quoted as being a bad map). The spawns are very spread apart so hard to keep totally locked down and it gives a chance for the new patient zero zombies to kill idiots. The dynamic is much stronger and much more interesting there.

You’re right, I should have made a list of maps that I considered “bad” then other players could give there opinion on the list.

I’m not sure whether to update this thread with the list of maps once I make it or should I just make a new thread at a later date that is properly done.

• keep it in this one

• Asylum reborn has potential to be a good map, but the sigil placement and lack of props kinda take it away from it. Maybe reworking the sigil placements to be a bit more reasonable (the sigil that spawns on the 2nd floor and the cafeteria floor are a bit too much for caders) would maybe give humans an incentive to actually play. I feel like it’s a problem when we have players not cading the sigils and instead cading other rooms. Not asking for hallway sigils, but something thats easier to manage. Also, I believe theres a lack of props compared to it’s original counterpart. I’m not asking for a ton of blue shelves, but could we get a bit more props to work with?

Twilight also has a couple static props, caders were complaining about the amount of static gray shelves, maybe unstatic a few of the shelves and remove the rest of the static shelves.

Also, I don’t know if it’s just me, but Black Brook Asylum, Objective Six Nights, Manoir de Perruques, and Crooked House produces a lot of frame lag, it would be nice if there could be a fix for them. These are the only maps that fps dips signifcantly.

A quick question, do you think hiding map winrates during the round will actually be beneficial? Weak-minded players just look at map winrates and lose morale or instantly give up, instead of trying to change the percentage.

• There is one map called zs_crookedhouse_v7, where as a zombie you can kill people who are clipping through the roof of a room where humans are protecting a sigil. I did this earlier today and I’m not sure how you fix this problem.

• deus ex hongkong
    music is horrendous
    textures are not right for a zs map
    sigil placements can be awful

• Looks like you need to join Majestic 12 in a body bag.

Users

Topics