[ZS] Drone/Nest Balance

• limit one nest per flesh creeper

• halt building/repair of a nest for 4 seconds on damage taken as opposed to 1

• 4 second cooldown in between flesh creeper leaps

At the moment it takes 11 seconds to build a nest undisturbed, with a cap of 3 nests per flesh creeper.

It takes at most 40 seconds to set up 3 nests alone, and each nest dies in about 11 seconds from a drone, more if a flesh creeper is repairing it in between drone strafes (to dodge high velocity lacerators, which is fair).

Basically, in the time it takes to bring a drone in to refuel, you can expect to find at least 3-4 nests outside versus the 1-2 before the creeper buff. It was manageable then, with the nest’s safety up to the bosses and zombies attacking the drone. However now just two flesh creepers can completely nullify a drone with their mobility and building speed, returning to the location they plan to put their nests in 3 seconds should they die.

Though I saw the most balance right after lacerators were added on top of the 40% damage resist vs drones that nests received, the building speed shouldn’t be cut as it does take awhile to set a nest up. That’s why i’m suggesting slight nerfs in other places. Leaps should be used as bursts of speed to escape gunfire or to reach a higher place. Flesh creepers should be slightly more vulnerable then they are now cause of how game-defining what they create is. Also, nearly all who know what they’re doing as a flesh creeper place a single nest and remove the improper ones. Limiting the number of nests a single player can plant will prevent the spamming that’s going on right now when people notice a nest is being attacked.

I don’t believe this will make drones overpowered or meta. Bosses are still able to easily bring one down through one-shot projectiles, shade or tickle. I just feel drones are close to useless wave 4 and onward as they’re most impactful targeting nests then and they can’t deliver like they could before flying cockroaches. Drones will still get shit on, but it won’t be as bad as it is right now.

• 1 player with a drone shouldn’t be able to solo a bunch of creepers making nests. I was thinking about making drones do almost no damage to nest or perhaps suppress them in some other way? And compensate for it some other method. I don’t know, drones and manhacks seem so basic and readily available that stemming the tide of zombies makes the game unfun for both sides, because the zombies have to walk a mile and the humans get nothing to shoot.

The niche of a drone is difficult. They’re either useless or too strong. They need some other role alongside what they currently do. I understand they’re not really involved in the current meta but making them nest erasers is really hard to do. At least I see this as a success story that zombies can actually get their nests built.

• Drones could solo win games. Especially drones piloted by covfee. I’ve played games where you have destroyed countless nests and fuck off to a safe height. It isn’t fun for anyone when entire games are played where nests cannot be established. No-one wants to go through the ascension door with stacks of ammo.

• Bosses such as bonemesh or shade are pretty great at killing drones. Or even a pair of determined lacerators can deter one from attacking. Once the drone is dead 9 times out of 10 they can’t buy another, and if they do, they won’t have enough ammo for a nest. They’re left with nothing to do. Personally I don’t mind if drones aren’t in the meta, I think the minigame it brings is interesting though.

Drones are incredibly strong against certain big/slow bosses, so maybe some power could be trimmed from there.

• @pumpkin-spice-covfefe
    people get drones only when they need them (in case of nests, for example), but when drones do get actually required, they’re hella op, I think drones should be nerfed

• shoutout to drone users for making games boring as fuck

• Flesh Creeper nests can now be built 2x faster but building will be halted for 1 second if the nest is damaged. Nests are an integral part of the game but it often felt like a chore to build them. This will allow them to be created faster but not spammed or repaired through damage from things like manhacks.

Is the halt intended to happen only once per nest or is it on damage taken? I tested this in game and immediately after I stopped damaging the nest it continued to be repaired, it also seems to take longer to kill while being repaired.

• summary of drone nest updates

nest before drone:
    100 health
    40 seconds to build

drone gun damage 9
    drone gun range unlimited

nest after drone:
    350 health
    20 seconds to build

drone gun damage 15.5
    drone gun range limited
    reduced the drone collision hull size
    aviator skill
    fast zombies deal double damage to drone
    shade can pick up drone

nest now:
    350 health
    10 seconds to build

flesh creeper leap ability

drone gun damage 16.5
    drone gun range limited
    reduced the drone collision hull size
    fast zombies deal double damage to drone
    shade can pick up drone
    projectiles deal additional damage to drones/manhacks
    drone/manhacks deal 40% damage

• Nests need some kind of proper temporary suppression mechanic. They should take virtually no damage from manhacks/drones but I’m thinking something like if they get attacked a lot zombies can’t spawn on that nest for 10-15 seconds or so. The nest would remain alive and wouldn’t need to be rebuilt.

Maybe rework the Pulse Cutter drone to be the suppression oriented drone (with less damage to zombies) and the regular one can do more damage to zombies but less suppression to nests. Manhacks will get a similar treatment. Opens the door for remantleable controllables as well some high tier ones maybe.

Probably something like they have a regenerating “suppression” health and if it hits 0 the nest is unusable for 10-15 seconds.

• doesn’t make sense.

• @raox said in [ZS] Drone/Nest Balance:

Nests need some kind of proper temporary suppression mechanic. They should take virtually no damage from manhacks/drones but I’m thinking something like if they get attacked a lot zombies can’t spawn on that nest for 10-15 seconds or so. The nest would remain alive and wouldn’t need to be rebuilt.

Maybe rework the Pulse Cutter drone to be the suppression oriented drone (with less damage to zombies) and the regular one can do more damage to zombies but less suppression to nests. Manhacks will get a similar treatment. Opens the door for remantleable controllables as well some high tier ones maybe.

Probably something like they have a regenerating “suppression” health and if it hits 0 the nest is unusable for 10-15 seconds.

GCHQ Signals Intelligence

• ![alt text](0_1511103663592_a4d8a9ef-64e7-4e13-bdb1-ebed38f39b92-20171119150026_1.jpg image url)

In hindsight, I’m not totally sure nests are hard to build and maintain anymore. Drones/manhacks might be able to be adjusted.

• I have a solution.

Get rid of drones.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.