[ZS] Thoughts on the upcoming update: auras, barricade expert, fists...

• I know that I am known for my not best suggestions, but yo listen!
    I want to suggest a few options for this update while not spamming suggestions forum It have become too big for the Updates coming thread.

1.Can we have the parts tab at arsenal crate?
    It can contain parts for craft nad to make it fair it can have a randomised limited assortment. The parts also can contain a few random props(also limited in number).

2.The nests may have a quick travel function. Why?
    You can spawn not in the nest you want to. And then have a long walk to a desired place or trying your luck and BLAHing intensively. It can take some time to start moving throught the nest though.

3.Maybe we can have an option to renail barricade experted props? Maybe it can take lots of time or something? Just look why I am asking.
    alt text
    This happens all the time. Cading experts sometimes fuck up a lot making “effective” cades, like one prop cade on wave 6. We could use a “liquid nail SWEP” that needs to be bought separately that reinforces cades(adding a solid amount of repair points) and makes them immovable. If you have remort, then you can buy it by worth, else you have to use points.

4.Options to increase bullet amount?
    We have timed resupply crates, point-powered arsenal crate and a remantler(that uses worthy scrap), but sometimes there is just not enough bullets. Maybe we can have a tier 2 resupply crate that speeds itself up upon hit by a player? You hit it with a melee and the timer gets -1 second until next resupply.

5.We really could use the so called situative aura.
    Instead of friend circle option(or in addition to it) this aura is seen by everyone.
    Type in chat a few words and your sillhoutte will be shown to human players of a certain radius with a short comment, examples:

• MEDIC! - draws your sillhoette painted red with a comment below on how much HP you have. Also player gets a short priority on healing while in crowd.
    • Follow me! - draws your silhoutte green with a follow me sign above. Could be useful to coordinate players to fall back or choose direction on objective maps.
    • HELP! - Gives a flashing blue silhoutte, that indicates that you need help in something(cading, covering etc)
      This paragraph can be useful for those, who don’t read chat and don’t listen to the mic. Just type the regular words and get additional attention.

6.Better remantling.
    Yes, we may need it. I know that we will be messing items only via remantler, but we could use these improvements:

• Not instant dismantling. Give it a timer set to 5 seconds. If you redecide to dismantle an item, you can cancel it.
    • Getting a small amount of scrap by time, like the resupplies do. This could solve the ammo problem
    • Dismantle anything. Anything you have in inventory should be able to be dismantled, like empty junk/crafting packs and even your fists

7.More uses for fists.
    Fists is basic swep that is mostly useless and is not needed while you have better melee option. We could use these options for them:

• remove fists~~ Lannister style~~ add melee hit with any weapon. Speed and damage depends on active skills and weapon in hand. I know, that it may be an OP and decrease the horrorness of empty clip situation, but it can be really slow option. If you have no weapons you do get fists.
    • Fists should get additional functionality. For example instead of LMB and RMB hits(that have no differences) we could get LMB hit and RMB push. Push lets to push/throw a prop away(could be an alternative to trick throw, when you hold a heavy object and turn quickly to throw it away). Fists may hold not big objects(stools, chairs, trash bins) that you can take with yourself while phasing through a cade.
    • Just removing fists from SWEP list as soon, as you have any melee in the inventory.

• I’ll give you a 0.5 out of 7 on all suggestions. They’re all shit.

Zombie spawning is unintuitive and should be replaced by a permanent free look and “click” to spawn functionality.
    Kinda how sigil teleporting works where you look towards the sigil you want to teleport to. I’ve been playing for years and even I don’t know how zombie spawning works 100%.

• Mouse 1 spawns you at whatever is closest to your raycast hit location.
    • Any other key spawns you at the last spawn point you spawned at.

• @the-gun-eater

3.Maybe we can have an option to renail barricade experted props? Maybe it can take lots of time or something? Just look why I am asking.

I believe I should reply to this and say a few words in my defense. I nailed this chair to climb up on the shelves in order to nail another shelf on the top, because the ceiling was very high and fasties could jump over the whole thing.
    I failed and we lost that round. And I’m really sorry for that.
    But here is another thing. I believe that The Gun Eater had good intentions while he was bitching the whole round about how bad at cading I am and that nailing prop to prop is a mortal sin. I’m relatively new to this server and just a few players saw my cades, because I rarely cade. But I have a few screenshots of my cades, which I made in 2015-2016 on different servers and in single player (all sp cades tested in mp multiple times, my bad that I almost always forget to make screens in mp), including forbidden prop-to-prop cades: (https://imgur.com/a/1KCLC)
    Anyway, thank you for your concern, The Gun Eater, you are a great guy, but you should go fuck yourself.

I apologize to the administration for the offtop and sorry for my bad english.

• I think it’s time for you to order a suicide ladder.

• forget the trash grenade, this is a trash nuke.

• @the-gun-eater said in [ZS] Thoughts on the upcoming update: auras, barricade expert, fists...:

4.Options to increase bullet amount?
    We have timed resupply crates, point-powered arsenal crate and a remantler(that uses worthy scrap), but sometimes there is just not enough bullets. Maybe we can have a tier 2 resupply crate that speeds itself up upon hit by a player? You hit it with a melee and the timer gets -1 second until next resupply.

Getting a small amount of scrap by time, like the resupplies do. This could solve the ammo problem

Get good, you’re probably really awful at ammo management. There are plenty of weapons available that are efficient.

This happens all the time. Cading experts sometimes fuck up a lot making “effective” cades, like one prop cade on wave 6. We could use a “liquid nail SWEP” that needs to be bought separately that reinforces cades(adding a solid amount of repair points) and makes them immovable. If you have remort, then you can buy it by worth, else you have to use points.

What the fuck?

It can contain parts for craft nad to make it fair it can have a randomised limited assortment. The parts also can contain a few random props(also limited in number).

Limitation of post game start availability doesn’t a fair situation make. Chief video game balance director right here. The crafting components are meant to make you invest at the start of the game and force you to make decisions there.

@Speirs As far as I’ve seen your cades are fine.

• :cancer:

• @eytåmik
    I agree on your position, I just suggested other option. We both see anyways, that there is a problem in the current spawning system
    @speirs
    Noble sir, I didnt mean to judge you, but to give and example of failures. There are other players, that fuck up badly and have remort, which is pretty strange, because this system should filter shitcaders, am I right(I mean the guy called Kaflet as other example). Every cade SHOULD be made in an appropriate time, so if you set it up too late, that is a failcade. But this suggestion, on the barricade expert skill change, should at least let others to fix the cade where you(an experienced barricade expert playing since 2015-2016) still fuck up.
    ps. go fuck yourself too.
    @raox
    We already have post start limitation here mostly in the tools section and in the high-tier weapons too. You have a point about investment, yet many players just wait for others to die and drop valuables, sometimes following their greed and dying the process.
    I am a tabletop game designer myself, so I know some shit about balance too. This is just a suggestion, so, maybe, this thing will happen some day.

• @ritzbits
    I dont see it. No parts tab for the arsenal.

• just stop posting.

• @raox
    You can do it too, mate.

• Why don’t you roll a nat 20 on killing yourself.

• @the-darker-one
    I don’t have to. Also you are going off-topic.

• You think I care? Fuck right off with your non-stop garbage.

• BTW, for those, who feel “slight” butthurt from my presense, you can just ignore me. Eventually I will lose interest.

• @the-gun-eater If you jump in a dumpster and weld the lid shut we can ignore you fine.

• We get it you want the best for the game mode and your intentions are good.

But your suggestions are bad.

Most of the nox “elders” have been playing zs longer than you have been playing gmod itself and know what works and what does not.

• @west-nile
    I’ve been playing gmod since 2008 and zs(as I remember) since 2013. Your turn.

Also this suggestion section was made to dump any idea(no matter how shitty it is). If the community doesn’t need any ideas, well, remove the suggestion section and warn everybody to stop suggesting anything! I’ve seen NO suggestion, that would be accepted by everyone. Why? Everybody has his own VISION of the gameplay. But the game will follow only one path - the path that Jetboom chooses. So, I guess he comes here sometimes if he has a lack of ideas. Thats why this section exists. So It doesnt matter if you like it or not, there will be shitty ideas. Just deal with it. Ignore bad suggestions, comment worthy ones and there will be peace for everyone.

• @the-gun-eater You’re wasting so much energy on writing paragraphs of stupidity when you could be using it to learn how to flip off a rooftop.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.