[ZS] Mutations

• Zombies are simple to play and not rewarding. What about adding mutations that work not individually, but for every zombie?

The first type of them should be random. They appear each wave, making zeds not too standart. For example, zombies may get tougher skin at wave 1 replaced by faster run at wave 2. They cannot be chosen and are replaced making the gameplay more variable.

The 2nd type is vote-initiated mutations.
    Zombies vote for 1 of 3 mutations, that give both good and bad changes. For example, zombies may vote for major speed enhancements but will lack HP as a backfire.

This may be useful to make gameplay more adapted and harder for humans.
    Usually slow zombies may get both random and voted speed boost and tear humans apart during objective maps, same goes for cade rushes.

Also there may be negative mutations that may be map-triggered(slower movement at maps tagged as #ICE), randomised and may be dealt if a sigil is restored.

• retarded. might as well add the dumb deathpoints system rewarding you for dying as a zombie from other servers.

• @raox
    If you tell that it is retarded then say why. I mean, there are lots of opinions and ways to develop ZS and this one isnt worse than it is now until there are reasons for it.

Mutations may be strictly random and be BOTH positive and negative to make each round variable. Something like not 1 way to play a map, but more.

• No.

• Let’s analyse why this system is really fucking dumb shall we

Zombies aren’t meant to be expansive and they’re meant to be easy to play but they have enough classes and variants now to complement a lot of niches and smaller roles. We have literally no need for this.

The first type of them should be random. They appear each wave, making zeds not too standart. For example, zombies may get tougher skin at wave 1 replaced by faster run at wave 2. They cannot be chosen and are replaced making the gameplay more variable.

Sounds really dumb. I’d suicide to get the configuration I’d want.

Zombies vote for 1 of 3 mutations, that give both good and bad changes. For example, zombies may vote for major speed enhancements but will lack HP as a backfire.

Voting for anything with a downside is also really stupid.

We have variants for this, people can pick their own tradeoffs. Please do the world a favour and stop making garbage suggestions.

• @raox
    That is a good reply. I get it now.
    (See, this is pretty easy)

But you misunderstood this:

I’d suicide to get the config I’d want

I said random mutations applied for ALL zombies at once that switch ONLY when a new wave happens. You may suicide as much as you want - you shouldn’t get another configuration.
    Just all of the zombies may have a chance to become slower this round, tougher or even hit harder. A random event that changes the rules a bit, still letting you to play as any zombie class you played before. Maybe a random wave of a little bit higher jump can make a difference when zombies are blocked by a wall of fire.

Okay, so I’m outta this thread now.

• I said random mutations applied for ALL zombies at once that switch ONLY when a new wave happens. You may suicide as much as you want - you shouldn’t get another configuration.

wow that’s even worse then

• Being a zombie isn’t supposed to be rewarding.

• @raox said in [ZS] Mutations:

retarded. might as well add the dumb deathpoints system rewarding you for dying as a zombie from other servers.

I played for years on some 3rd party communities but never played on a server with this, how those it work?

• @raox
    May be not, especially on the maps with easy win or the objective maps, where humans may get too much advantage.
    @Carrie
    This will not be rewarding, this can just give some variety for the humans in defence and zombies in attack.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.