Animations are broken

• So I installed zombie survival to my server from the GitHub page but when I went in-game all of the zombie team’s animations were broken.

I never touched the sh_animations lua file but it spits out an error:

[ERROR] gamemodes/zombiesurvival/gamemode/sh_animations.lua:17: attempt to index local ‘tab’ (a nil value)

1. unknown - gamemodes/zombiesurvival/gamemode/sh_animations.lua:17

[ERROR] gamemodes/zombiesurvival/gamemode/obj_player_extend.lua:280: attempt to index local ‘tab’ (a nil value)

1. CallZombieFunction - gamemodes/zombiesurvival/gamemode/obj_player_extend.lua:280
    2. unknown - gamemodes/zombiesurvival/gamemode/sh_animations.lua:27

Is there any fix to this? I would fix it myself but I don’t know LUA very well.

• Did you modify a file without restarting the map?

• Yes. I did, sh_crafts.lua

But for some strange reason even long before I touched the crafts file, animations were still broken, but it gave no errors, only when I touch the crafts file I gives an error.

I’ve reinstalled ZS a lot of times and even tried the workshop version but animations are always broken.

• Well it’s due to the way the gamemode is constructed any change to file with a gamemode dependency will break certain things. This isn’t a problem for servers since you aren’t changing anything on runtime. All you can do is reload the map to try out your changes when developing.

• Alright, thanks for your help.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.