It has been a pleasure playing with you guys!

• Been playing Noxious for many years. Played the early games of zombie survival (often struggling with keeping my points up to supply my ammo, qq), and playing on what is now “retro team play”. (god I loved the early wizard vs wizard battles.). I play off and on, barely any in the more recent years though. I accumulated 1.3 million silver, but most of that was in the past. I figured since this is possibly my last time with this community I would poke my head in to say hello/goodbye to those who might remember me, and might as well explain my situation.

I have finally been permanently banned by the hands of JetBoom with the reason “no.”. I barely played any of the new zombie survival so I was mostly experimenting on the zombie team (level 13, no reincarnations). So far I see no silver or xp accumulation for barricade damage, and cannot tell if it contributes to becoming boss zombie. Brains seem to be the only incentive on the zombie team. Poison damage is a LOT easier than before, and is available off the bat. From what I can tell so far, the best way to capitalize on the zombie team is to leave the easy and open barricades in tact and use poison/bleed to kill as many humans as possible. If the barricades go down, you have to compete with other zombies for the kills. If they stay up, you have less of a pool of zombies you are fighting over for brains.

With that in mind and the creator on my team, I easily got boss zombie round 1 (been playing too long to not compete for boss at least), and wanted to go puke pus, saying there’s no reason to attack cades, only players. Jet didn’t like that, called me retarded and threatened to kick me as soon as I go puke pus. I kinda want to test out how bosses work now, but alright. I will just go for standard nightmare play (1300 health only?! poor boss). I did 180 human damage, died fast and got criticized. I made comments about just going boss zombie again. If I do the most damage to humans, I can do it again. It is the privilege of the best at killing humans to become one. If others don’t like my experimenting, they can be better than me. Not like I am simply typing kill in console when I get it anyway and I have to re-learn this meta somehow. Well Jet didn’t really my attitude, or didn’t like the fact that I could just re-boss when I feel like it. Probably the attitude of “I can be a boss if I feel like it”.

Since I am not going to change my way of thinking I am not really asking to be unbanned. I do not know the characteristics of the admins or ways this community has changed. I do not know if it is an unwritten rule that boss zombies have to be the best player on the team. The game I remember was more do what you want as zombie anyway, including afk or dancing in front of humans the whole game. If you get boss, good job, do what you want as boss. Almost the same with humans. Only rule of humans used to be not being an asshat by shitcading a good cade (like blocking vision) or un-nailing other’s props without justification. Other than that feel free to punch zombies and bask in poison until you die. If this attitude is unacceptable then I will gladly accept my permanent ban. See ya guys on this or other servers.

• nice monologue now go away.

• See you in hell

• Hey

• poor noxiousnet oldfag

• @Dark-Noob Please cease vital functioning

• @Nuked ok

• who are you again?

• My name never changed and I was mostly off voice chat back then, so just a random pleb to all but a few who played a lot when I was loving the mods, or when we were dueling while waiting for the server to fill.

• I don’t really get why you’re still watching this thread if you don’t intend to come back.

• I am fine with it either way. Since it was JetBoom that banned me I doubt arguing about it would do any good anyway. I more or less just wanted to know what the community thought, and to see if anyone remembered me.

• @Master-Havoc You have a total of 4 forum posts. One of them is from 2008 and the other three are here, so “no” is a safe bet.

• @Carrie said in It has been a pleasure playing with you guys!:

@Master-Havoc You have a total of 4 forum posts. One of them is from 2008 and the other three are here, so “no” is a safe bet.

?

• Sounds more like a justification for your own benefits and curiosity rather than listening to your teammates. ZS isn’t a game where you pursue your individual needs as a zombie or human. You stick together as a team and it is natural to expect that of someone like you who knows ZS more than a majority of players.

Wish you get to have fun playing wherever you desire.

• I was tempted to not respond but I love thought experiments and why people behave the way they do. Sorry for the long post.

I agree I worded it in such a way to show my point of view and justification just in case they wanted to reverse the ban. I disagree on the listening to teammates part as I followed all of their instructions of “Do no go pukepus” and “you’re retarded”. The other message I was getting at though was there is more than winning as a team as zombies or humans and in the past you had that freedom. I give you the following situations:

1. You have the ability when a human to type !slayrandom. This will slay a random fellow human and gain 50k silver. They won’t know it was you who killed them, and it will appear as though trigger hurt killed them on the killboard. It will never you as the slay target. Would you ever use that command?

2. As a human you have the ability to become a totem pole for the entire game. You sit in a corner facing a wall, unable to move, shoot, or hear anything. You have to stay this way for the entire game. This gives all humans more benefits than you could give them doing any other activity. For instance it may give all humans free points, free ammo, random guns, etc, but whatever it is, it is guaranteed to help the humans survive more than anything else you could do. do you ever NOT become the totem pole?

3. There is a zombie boss with really cool mechanics but it is clearly worse than any other zombie boss. It is still useful but would need a buff like extra health to actually be on par with the rest of the bosses. You are guaranteed and know you will perform worse with this boss than any other boss. Would you EVER try this boss, even just once just to see what it is like?

If you said yes to any of these cases, you have put the needs of yourself over winning as a team.

These three cases highlight other internal objectives to the players. The desire for silver/xp/any other point system. The need for fun and interactive gameplay. The curiosity and exploration of content not yet seen. There are many others too like wanting to do social activity even though it is a skycade guaranteed to fail. Winning or losing is not the only reason you play, and ZS is not just about teamplay. Humans die when alone so they group together. Humans die outside the cades so they hide inside of one. Humans are less likely to survive when their friends die. People are prioritizing their success which just so happens to coincide with helping each other out, but not necessarily doing everything they can to ensure the overall success of the team. One more thought experiment that actually can happen in the game right now:

Have a portion of the humans dedicated to shooting, a portion dedicated to heal/repair, and a very small subset dedicated to arsenal crates/ammo boxes. The healing/repair people do nothing but that. They stock up on medical supplies, and when they have enough they buy/resupply on gun ammo and give the ammo to the shooters. The shooters focus their points on better guns and do not buy ammo. ONLY ONE arsenal crate and resupply are dropped. This way the person can gather and distribute points as needed to fill in the gaps.

I have never seen anything close to the ideal world in terms of this level of cooperation. People will drop arsenal crates right next to each other. Why? Because they individually desire points for their own internal goals. People will not willfully buy and give out ammo to people with the better guns. Why? Because they want to use that ammo to kill zombies, even if they have crappier guns and terrible aim. If it was truly only about teamwork and co-operation why do people perform selfish acts?

Again, sorry for the long post. These kinds of thoughts and discussions are what interest me. I encourage behavior against my thoughts to better my judgement so don’t think I am just shoving ideas down your throat.

• @Master-Havoc

I have never seen anything close to the ideal world in terms of this level of cooperation. People will drop arsenal crates right next to each other.

Then why not try to foster this kind of an environment instead of complaining that it doesn’t exist?

People will not willfully buy and give out ammo to people with the better guns. Why? Because they want to use that ammo to kill zombies, even if they have crappier guns and terrible aim.

Having multiple people shooting is valuable in its own right. Yes you should give out ammo you’re not using, and yes you should feed the carry if they need it, however deciding to shoot on your own is in no way harming the team. Also sharing ammo is incredibly common on the server and I often buy ammo to support players who ask for it.

If it was truly only about teamwork and co-operation why do people perform selfish acts?

You’re interpreting stupidity as malice. These people probably don’t understand the impact of their actions in the greater scheme of the game. If you informed them, “Hey we could use a crate near the front” many times they will be happy to oblige you.

Brighten up dude, all you need to do is talk to people

• what the fuck

• alt text

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.