Regarding eradicator

• I think in its current state eradicator is way too strong. Games have been ended within a minute of wave 6 starting, even with several layers in the barricade. It does more DPS than Ancient Nightmare, with the potential for most of the zombie team to select the class. It wouldn’t hurt to nerf the class a bit since it is an extra zombie after all.

Also:

Sun Apr 23 23:58:56 2017 <STEAM_0:1:17364577> SOS-団 Tyler1274: humans: eradicated
    Sun Apr 23 23:58:58 2017 <STEAM_0:1:56788000> {GB}GeomchiSunbae: ERADICATORS ARE FAIR AND BALANCED
    Sun Apr 23 23:59:29 2017 <STEAM_0:0:54274692> 『Danny Boy』: nerf eradicator
    Sun Apr 23 23:59:37 2017 <STEAM_0:0:76556194> Cowboi: too op
    Sun Apr 23 23:59:43 2017 <STEAM_0:0:76100866> Sacrenex(597): Eradicator needs nerf
    Mon Apr 24 00:00:20 2017 <STEAM_0:0:103165833> Obutubo ™: nerf eradicator

• I’d like to play against them in all player environments (multiple maps, varying player numbers, and skilled players on zombies) before making a final opinion, but right now they seem really strong.

• @SuperAlloyBlackShine I think the class would be fine with low population (<30 players) but above that it just seems ridiculous

• Their DPS is definitely too high, I think durability wise it’s sort of ok but it needs to give more points so shooting them while there’s 2 sigils down isn’t a complete waste of ammo, it’s hard to headshot them when they’re doing the attack animation.

• I almost didn’t think these would be better than chems but somehow they are.

It’s actually probably way too fast for a zombie of the DPS it can do. Shouldn’t be faster than a regular zombie at the very least and probably as fast as a poison zombie. I can agree that health is probably fine, but damage could also be lowered to around 35-36, which still be higher in DPS than poison zombie due to the swing speed.

They’re probably significantly tougher than poison zombies since poison zombies have big head hitboxes so practically they don’t have as much health and have better point returns compared to these. Increase in points is justifiable (it also keeps the gains to wave 6, you don’t get an intermission to use this on).

@lamarrr said in Regarding eradicator:

@SuperAlloyBlackShine I think the class would be fine with low population (<30 players) but above that it just seems ridiculous

A lot of the stuff like the fear o meter gets retarded on higher player counts because it basically always maxes out because it doesn’t scale properly to the player count.

If I don’t get a public reply about them from some other developer I’ll probably change them.

• @lamarrr said in Regarding eradicator:

It does more DPS than Ancient Nightmare

Source?

• @The-Darker-One

“More” was the wrong choice of words, around the same DPS or a tad less but you get the idea. On top of the fact that every zombie can choose the class it’s way too strong in my, and many others’ opinion.

• The numbers driving the eradicator make sense for something called ‘the eradicator’ and I’d like to see it nerfed only indirectly. Buff the colossus so it could be thought of as an answer to eradicators. Maybe make them vulnerable to fire damage since molotovs are a good counter to reviving.

• Speed and points have been altered for next update.

• Eradicators greatly simplify the gameplay of zombie team on wave 6 due to their high damage output and lack of a general weakness. Zombie team needs a way to fight cades with long sight lines on wave 6, that much is clear but eradicator is simply a bump to Z team’s dps and health pool without any real need for it. Chems serve as excellent cade destroyers because of their aoe damage, but require a change in strategy to be used effectively. Eradicators remove this dynamic entirely by providing zombie team with a no brainer option for cades that chems can’t get to safely, or consist of fewer props. Chems/Poisons have dps covered on wave 6, therefore a stronger focus should be placed on giving Z team some defensive options which it greatly lacks. The Petrified wraith’s recent usage as a sort of a tank in hallway cades has given me a few ideas for such options.

How about making eradicators massive blobs of flesh who’s only method of attack is ramming into things. Forward movement would build acceleration until a certain threshold, at which point the front of the eradicator would petrify, providing damage resistance, extra contact damage, and possibly a speed boost to zombies behind it. Upon contact, the rocky exterior would break and the eradicator would bounce back, putting it in position to either escape, or ram the cade again with less time for acceleration. A change like this to the eradicator would incentivize coordinated pushes on zombie side, like phalanxes of chems headed by eradicators. Pushes like this could be countered by weapons that deal splash damage, or are strong against petrified classes like crossbows (I think). Outside of charging perhaps they could have a block to protect their heads at the cost of movement speed and maybe a weak head-butt for self-defense.

Don’t get me wrong, this is a radical idea and I don’t expect it to get implemented, however it is the kind of role I believe that eradicators should fill as a wave 6 zombie, rather than simply being a stronger zombie to attack cades that chems don’t work against.

EDIT: Clarified some ideas

• @Prof.-Dru
    Your idea with a few modifications:

“The [zombie] is, quite simply, a large ball of flesh with limbs. Their nails and teeth have rotted off, leaving them with no major attack. However, their skin has petrified, and they have strong health, allowing them to soak damage unlike any other class. They can also perform a charge by unbalancing themselves and running forwards. Anything they hit suffers small [impact?] damage, but the zombie also takes damage and, in addition, is knocked down for a few seconds.”

As balance, this zombie has basically no DPS, but acts as a meat shield for zombies who either follow close behind or wait for the charge and chase it down the corridor.

In other words, this zombie’s built against caders – rather then cade defenders, since this zombie’s focus is letting other zombies get close enough to break stuff up.

• :raised_hand: Let’s take suggestions to the suggestion box.

• When it’s Eradicator wave it feels like you’re just getting plowed by a horde of mini bosses they dont have the 1-2.5k as one but they seem to do a shit ton of DPS. I’ve seen games where humans had a sophisticated cade and these new zombie classes will just plow right through it with little or no chance for humans to win. They do 40 dmg, have a decent hp pool and hit as fast as a normal zombie which is quite high considering if 1 Eradicator gets 3 hits off before dying that’s an easy 120 dmg and if a few more do the same like x5 Eradicators that’s 600 dmg in 1 attack of a group. For example earlier today in Offzone a map that can be easily caded properly we had 30+ no more than 36 humans vs 10 or so zombies who all went Eradicator. They tore through this building like paper which we had 3 floors caded off in a prety good format layered and great shooting angles and they completely overpowered us after they got a few kills on the bottom floors.

• One thing to note is that is with the values I’m looking at, Eradicators do 33% more DPS than regular or poison zombies and I don’t think there’s a zombie class with that kind of jump in damage output. It might be too high. Closer to super zombies than they are to Poison and Regular ones in that regard. Maybe it should be flipped around.

• I was in the game with @Sacrenex597 on Z side. We had 15 zombies and made absolutely no progress for 5 waves doing full on poison zombie rushes. Then, wave 6 rolls around and we take all 3 sigils in 3 minutes, destroying 4 cades, 2 of which were ladder cades. I used to think people were overreacting but these things are absolute monsters when every zombie switches to them.

• @Raox I would agree with him. Looking closer to Eradicators DPS wise they have the same hit rate as a Super Zombie but only 40 dmg compared to it’s 45 (isnt big difference when there’s a group of them). Eradicators are practically Super zombies just without the massive HP and Speed boost but they have nearly identical dmg and the same hit rate as a Super Zombie. I dont know the exact DPS of a Eradicator and Super Zombie but with these given variables, these 2 zombies have comparable DPS values.

• @Epple thank you for your valuable input regarding eradicator

• I’m not seeing any sort of major issue with them at the current moment. The games I’ve experienced lately have all been decided way before wave 6 came along. ZS has always been a game about how many people die early on or due to a critical mistake, join late, or which side is better coordinated. Haven’t seen eradicators make a huge impact on that sentiment. It’s not like ZS hasn’t been won a fair bit since introduction.

@Sacrenex597 said in Regarding eradicator:

They do 40 dmg, have a decent hp pool and hit as fast as a normal zombie which is quite high considering if 1 Eradicator gets 3 hits off before dying that’s an easy 120 dmg and if a few more do the same like x5 Eradicators that’s 600 dmg in 1 attack of a group.

By that logic chem burster is even better because if a barricade has a lot of props then it can a lot more damage than that in just one go.

@Sacrenex597 said in Regarding eradicator:

For example earlier today in Offzone a map that can be easily caded properly we had 30+ no more than 36 humans vs 10 or so zombies who all went Eradicator. They tore through this building like paper which we had 3 floors caded off in a prety good format layered and great shooting angles and they completely overpowered us after they got a few kills on the bottom floors.

Sounds like good coordination on the zombie team or poor coordination on the human team. Either way that’s ZS for you.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.