Can we talk about how hilariously amazing the Devourer is?

• A couple days ago I played at zs_hellarch where I thought the humans would be given an easy win, if it weren’t for not so good caders and some cunning boss zombies. Usually, the zombies get massacred like a shooting gallery, as humans face zombie spawn and can easily pelt them with stubbers, but upon the first wave the zombies didn’t do anything to deny humans of their points. After the first wave, things really got interesting. The boss zombie spawned as a Devourer and knew it couldn’t get close without getting hurt, so it reeled in humans from the safety of the spawn gas and killed everyone it could get its hands on (only counted one survivor from what I saw through my scope). It was absolutely hilarious. Humans were getting dragged by their feet, as if they got clotheslined, and some even went flying and did cartwheels in mid air.

We ended up getting overran as new meta boss Bonemeshes were throwing meat balls through corners and getting that one cade spot in garage. Really wished I took some photos but that’s all I can say really.

• Scott thinks this boss is funny and makes him LMAO.

• Devourer is the most interesting addition to ZS since I don’t know what.

Bonemesh is OP and boring to play. I think the meatballs should be made incredibly powerful at the cost of having to gather gibs to form ammo for them.

• I don’t think the ball size decrease to Bonemesh was warranted, it causes too much AoE damage to humans very safely since the ball can get inside most barricades easily. I don’t think cades should be punished for allowing enough room to shoot. Everything else (the rate of fire, moving while attacking) is okay I guess. Probably I’ll make a thread about this.

Likewise it doesn’t really matter with the Devourer how big the projectile is since the limitation is based on the size of the human and that’s not going to pull them out in most cases, so it’s probably fine.

• Its a pretty fantastic boss and seems to work exactly as intended. It punishes stupidity and arrogance of running around in the open and I haven’t seen an unfair kill so far.
    There was one map in particular which our entire first layer of humans (about 8 humans I think) got ripped out of the cade as the cade was designed for shooting. Every other human had front row seats in the cade behind watching the hilarious deaths.
    Its a great name for a boss too.

• @Jimmyboi55 said in Can we talk about how hilariously amazing the Devourer is?:

There was one map in particular which our entire first layer of humans (about 8 humans I think) got ripped out of the cade as the cade was designed for shooting. Every other human had front row seats in the cade behind watching the hilarious deaths.

So the devourer can make humans force phase out of cades when they get hooked? That’s instant death for anyone unfortunate especially caders.

Also yeah bonemesh seems to be played more now, I managed to get some good shots on humans inside their cades. Also if there’s a hallway around a narrow corner you can just lob meatballs around it and slowly destroy cades, pretty sure I mentioned this before. Although it’s way less efficient than a tickle monster but way safer under some circumstances.

• It doesn’t pull through cades, but it can pull you through if the player is phasing.

• @Yung-Dave No the gap in the cade was just large, hence designed for shooting. We had about 5 seperate layers of cades and the devourer could only kill people from the first. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the map but you would understand If you saw it that losing that layer didn’t really matter.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.