[WIP] zs_obj_megamasher

• This is a map that the only weapon players receive is the mega masher to face against the zombie team.
    The zombie team will probably receive loads of bosses and strong zombies.

Here’s a test version in case you want to test it out to see what I should add or what should be fixed.
    I really do not recommend for this to be on the server yet as its still buggy. Also I just made this in a couple of minutes.
    If your wondering, yes I got back to working on construction now too.

(I been told that this was not a good idea for a map on the server. If it doesn’t get on the server I will still keep this topic as a development/update topic)

Test Version 4:
    [Test Version Download]

Updates:

Dev Update 4:
    Added Speed Upgrades and did some other things to points

Dev Update 3:
    Added New Room with detail, added two zombie spawns into the room.
    Added another gate at the new room, also added point system that allows players to use points to unlock doors.

Dev Update 2:
    Fully textured room with added detail!

Dev Update 1:
    Map progress had started!

Notes:

Disable Arsenal Crate from spawning!
    Fix light_spot at new room spawns!
    Fix bug for the point system not taking away points from activator when the gate is unlocked!
    Maybe decorate message that warns players to get more points!
    Make more areas!

Screenshots:

Dev Update 3:
    0_1487573225871_hammer_2017-02-20_00-46-46.png

Dev Update 2:
    0_1487503557477_hammer_2017-02-19_05-22-47.png

0_1487503641271_20170219052328_1.jpg

Dev Update 1:
    0_1487479089759_hammer_2017-02-18_22-36-05.png

• i bet it wasn’t pufulet that told you it was a bad idea

if you ever expand the map, use the vertex tool to pinch the corners of the walls together or they’ll make vvis take forever

• @FriskyPiranha44 said in [WIP] zs_obj_megamasher:

if you ever expand the map, use the vertex tool to pinch the corners of the walls together or they’ll make vvis take forever

eh?

i bet it wasn’t pufulet that told you it was a bad idea

I very much doubt that there’s a difference between resizing a brush with handles or with vertex edit.

• @FriskyPiranha44 The only time I would really do that is when is when a texture doesn’t seem to connect

Examples:

Without Corners
    0_1487529830516_2017-02-19_12-43-40.png

With Corners
    0_1487529877574_2017-02-19_12-44-25.png

i bet it wasn’t pufulet that told you it was a bad idea

Pretty sure VBSP discards all faces that you cannot see. Useful for corners as @Flairieve said, but whatever when you seal your map.

• @ReaM Yes that is true, VBSP discards faces you can not see, also it can even remove a certain area if it had no func entities. The only time you should be using nodraw is when there are textures that players can not see and is being rendered still.

• I made another update to zs_obj_megamasher. I added a speed upgrade that can only be bought at the start of the map, after when wave 1 starts it can no longer be bought. Probably going to add more upgrades.

How upgrades work is a player can only choose one upgrade since they start out with 5 points.
    You can find the first upgrade to the left of spawn.

(Though I might just make upgrade shopping into its own room at start, then players go to the actual start room)

I also now realized this map is some what similar to gauntlet or gauntlet reborn.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.