[ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total

• I was thinking about making it so boss selection occurs based on the total damage (barricade and human) per wave instead of the total damage for the game. Reasons for doing this would be:

• Makes it impossible to secure a boss and then go AFK. You still have to “compete” with other players for boss to get it again next wave. If you’ve done nothing all wave and then suicide you won’t get boss instead of it being high chance that you’ll get again from your previous total damage.
    • Spices up the same player getting boss, hopefully, and encourages zombies to not “give up” on getting boss and encourages them to be aggressive all game. It would reward skill more actively.
    • People would have much less excuse to complain about bad players who get boss zombie, since with this they should just try harder to get it within the wave they’re currently in.
    • Redeeming and suiciding to become boss again. Seems completely bizarre that this can be a thing. If you just want to play zombie then turn off redeems.
    • Also it matches the nox chatbox message that states the player with the most damage each wave a bit more closely. Really that should state it is based on total damage and the selection/spawning instead is done per wave if we weren’t to change anything.

• I think this would be a great change to how boss zombie is currently selected, some low winrate maps turn into easy wins due to a complete idiot of a boss zombie. The barricade damage amount would have to be diminished before being factored into the total damage value I think. Would be a nice change for the heroes that go zombie so that humans don’t just afk behind a barricade for 6 waves. Overall I just think there are more pros in implementing this rather than keeping the current system.

• Yeah, this seems like a great idea. As it is now the same people get boss pretty much every time they’re a zombie. Also, AFK bosses should probably be punished in some way. It doesn’t happen often but it can cause humans to win quite easily when it does.

• Banned

Yes, good god please do this. The current boss picking mechanic is ridiculous.

• Banned

@Omen267901 said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

Also, AFK bosses should probably be punished in some way

lol lets punish people for being good at the game just like we already punish them for being bad at the game

• Banned

@Kolmio let’s punish people for being shits who go afk with literally the only important role in the game.

Maybe if a boss zombie goes afk and gets kicked for it, spawn another boss immediately?

• @Kolmio

Skill is useless if you go AFK. I’m not saying instantly but if they just stand there for like a minute or something after getting boss.

• @Kolmio said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

@Omen267901 said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

Also, AFK bosses should probably be punished in some way

lol lets punish people for being good at the game just like we already punish them for being bad at the game

what?

• Banned

@Raox lol he is bad at cading lets cripple him so he cant even get better lol git gud

• ??? What does cading have to do with any of this ???

• Banned

@Omen267901 He asked about my reply to your comment and I answered.

But in all seriousness I think the thing Raox suggested would be awesome if added.

• @Kolmio wow your and idiot

• Banned

@realbisousbisous said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

@Kolmio wow your and idiot

lol that is like the perfect definition of irony

• @Kolmio hehe i trol u

• @Kolmio said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

@realbisousbisous said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:
    :cancer:

:cancer:

How about we get back on track.

Having it add barricade damage without any modifiers is a bit much. I could go whack props on the other side of the map for however long the wave is and get boss zombie because I was doing “barricade damage”.

Maybe 1 point of human damage is equal to 3 or 5 points of barricade damage?

And if the game resets the “boss score” every wave then going AFK as boss zombie, intentionally, should be punishable. You’re fighting hard as a zombie should and then you become some monsterious, huge thing that can do some real damage… And you just sit there and drool on your leg, typing “lol i trol zombs xd free human points” into the chat.

• Having it add barricade damage without any modifiers is a bit much. I could go whack props on the other side of the map for however long the wave is and get boss zombie because I was doing “barricade damage”.
    Maybe 1 point of human damage is equal to 3 or 5 points of barricade damage?

Something tells me you really don’t follow or play since both of those problems do not exist and said solutions exist and have existed for ages: It’s 20% of barricade damage and a human has to be within 512 units.

And if the game resets the “boss score” every wave then going AFK as boss zombie, intentionally, should be punishable.

You want admins to babysit gameplay that’s not considered griefing or exploiting? God forbid someone happens to actually go AFK…this system sorts that since they’re not gonna get boss next wave. Less admin interaction required but it really isn’t needed for an admin to do anything at all.

• at least noobs like me will be able to get the boss

• @commandhat said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

@Kolmio said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

Having it add barricade damage without any modifiers is a bit much. I could go whack props on the other side of the map for however long the wave is and get boss zombie because I was doing “barricade damage”.

Un-nailed props don’t even count to your prop damage count.

• @Raox said in [ZS] Boss Selection Based on Wave Damage Instead of Total:

Something tells me you really don’t follow or play

True. Every time I do, someone (usually a zs pro) yells at me. And it’s usually another mod/admin. At this point I’ve only been responding to calls for help over steam chat, but nobody ever adds me on steam, and of those that did, most of them either don’t play, or are mods/admins now.

since both of those problems do not exist and said solutions exist and have existed for ages: It’s 20% of barricade damage and a human has to be within 512 units.

Ah, that makes sense.

And if the game resets the “boss score” every wave then going AFK as boss zombie, intentionally, should be punishable.

You want admins to babysit gameplay that’s not considered griefing or exploiting? God forbid someone happens to actually go AFK…this system sorts that since they’re not gonna get boss next wave. Less admin interaction required but it really isn’t needed for an admin to do anything at all.

More like god forbid someone happens to go AFK at the exact moment they are needed, at (likely) the only time they are needed that round, as a class that cannot be retrieved easily, and preventing new bosses (unless I’m that far out of touch, one boss prevents new bosses, otherwise zombies could just stockpile bosses until wave 6 and rush all at once for a guaranteed loss)

Would it be that hard to just quickly press “t,blah,enter” and keep the game going?

More like I want admins to respond to zombies typing “boss is afk piece of shit” and check with spectate. That’s really all you need to do, it’s not like zombies being afk is hard to investigate.

And by AFK, I don’t mean physically getting up and walking away. I mean someone still at the keyboard, but not moving, attacking, or doing anything to help their team. I kind of thought that would be obvious with my “lol i trol zombs” quote but I guess I need to be more obvious.

• at the exact moment they are needed,

But boss is a reward, not a requirement. If someone does the most damage in a wave, gets boss and does nothing with it, so be it. Get over it.

unless I’m that far out of touch, one boss prevents new bosses,

The limit is three. So yeah, you should really stop talking about things you have no idea about.

I want admins to respond to zombies
    That’s really all you need to do, it’s not like zombies being afk is hard to investigate.

“I want admins to babysit more things” is objectively worse. The aim with something like this is to have admins manage less things and basically hopefully nothing at all ideally. And to be honest, admins don’t even need to deal with how the system was before at all either since the change is live now. Admins shouldn’t need to pay any heed at all. As I said, boss is a reward and not a requirement.

And by AFK, I don’t mean physically getting up and walking away. I mean someone still at the keyboard, but not moving, attacking, or doing anything to help their team.

It doesn’t even matter? You’re implying it’s griefing - see my above point. You are not griefing by doing nothing with boss zombie.

You’re just as bad as ReaM jesus fucking christ

Edit: Seems I’m wrong on this, see below

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.