EFT 2016 update

• @JetBoom said in EFT 2016 update:

• Power struggle changed to new system. Not sure what but it needs to not involve button pressing. I was thinking something involving keeping the mouse aimed in a certain way.
    • Power struggle participants temporarily no collide to all other players.

@Chief-TuK-TuK said in EFT 2016 update:

i like the updates listed, don’t really have a problem with any of them.

also about 2 months back, Later_Gator, lilzzfla and i compiled a document containing some ideas (some correlate with yours) that would be nice additions for EFT.

We have a power struggle idea in the document which TuK linked, if you would be willing to look at that. Another aspect (also in the document) we’d love to see implemented is a limit on team-switching. Perhaps a limit of one or two (preferably one imo) switch(es) per game, to prevent constant team-switching and keep people on the same teams.

But yeah, please look over the document and let us know which of the suggestions piques your interest.

• @JetBoom i like the upcoming update, especially the regenerating fast when getting hit. going to be nice update.

• @Chief-TuK-TuK said in EFT 2016 update:

i like the updates listed, don’t really have a problem with any of them.

also about 2 months back, Later_Gator, lilzzfla and i compiled a document containing some ideas (some correlate with yours) that would be nice additions for EFT.

I have no idea what that meter system is trying to say.

I suggest having a sort of two button DDR. You have timed prompts that drop down from the top of the screen, with the frequency getting faster the longer the struggle lasts. There’s a tug of war bar that moves to one players side as they land more “perfects” than the other. You win if you fill it to your side or if the other person gets a single miss.

• The current powerstruggling system is paramount… It’s about speed plus accuracy and creates a very reasonable skill barrier to the game, making some better at it than others, ie. Verctexius. There are tactics you can use to approach the initial powerstruggle as well. I think, and I’m certain others think this is unnecessary to change, as speed+accuracy creates a natural skill bar.

Other than that, the new update is appreciated.

• Administrators

The current system is very affected by cmdrate and is easily scriptable because there’s only a small amount of permutations. DDR would be worse.

• @Velox It’s simply a meter with a moving needle. The colored sections indicate different point values, with red being the biggest area and least points; yellow being decently sized and valued; green being the smallest area and most points. Granted, it probably wasn’t illustrated the best (which was a bit of a challenge to say the least), but I think it’d be a better system than what we currently have. It can’t be scripted and requires quick reflexes.

• @JetBoom Could I also suggest a timer put on ball resets to deter ball spawn camping? i.e. a player resets the ball instantaneously, but it would take the ball three seconds before it actually respawns. Could look something like “Ball reset” and then “Ball respawning in 3 seconds”

• Administrators

I mean that’s part of the game.

• Something I would like to see added as far as mapping goes, is something like a func_no_ball_zone entity.

This would be used to block the ball from going where it shouldn’t go, but still allowing players to go through it. If the player holding the ball tries to go through it the ball should drop to the ground.

Maybe there’s already a way to do this and I’m just not aware of it?

In my case, I would use this in eft_soccer and surround the field with this entity so players can’t just cheaply throw the ball into the stands when the ball is near their own goal. I use an entity like this in the TF2 version of soccer and it works great. Maybe there’s some way to port it over?

Ball clipping entity video
    https://youtu.be/on9DKNSazwg

• The ball resets if it touches water. If you want to make the stands reset the ball, a lazy fix would be to cover them in a 5 unit wide layer of water with a nodraw texture on it.

• @commandhat said in EFT 2016 update:

The ball resets if it touches water. If you want to make the stands reset the ball, a lazy fix would be to cover them in a 5 unit wide layer of water with a nodraw texture on it.

That’s actually what I’m trying to avoid. People throwing the ball into the stands as a cheap way of defending their own goal. I was hoping there was a way to do it like in the video I posted up above. I guess the best course right now is just to use a regular world brush with nodraw around the stands.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.