In an 30 players server, zombie is unplayable on certain maps and others thinks that ,I think, will be problematic

• Like when the server is almost full, in an open spawn point you just get destroyed when out of spawn and when you become the boss they just all come back to their cade and you can’t do anything about it. I love playing zombies and I usually select myself to be the first but sometime it’s almost like it’s a chore : You get destroyed when out of spawn (less than 0,5 sec on first round) and when ,be miracle, you kill someone, he ragequit. Also, with the new trinkets (mostly the shoes that kill headcrabs) most of the updates done the human job much easier and even when having more zombies classes and bosses it’s still start to feel like the key strategy is to spawnkill, get back to cade for bosses then the zombies will have like 4 players and get shreded every round. I don’t want necessarily an spawn boost for zombies but more ways the zombies can work and give them more ways to counter human (the headcrab strategy is now obsolete with the shoes) be creating maybe skill tree with only Cons Pros Traits. Just wanted to speak of and be no mean I want this to be absolutely added to the game but for me the gamemode start to become very human sided for the most numbers of ways to play. :3

• @Legadrian get gud

• @Legadrian get gud

• I’ve been having that trouble too, but I know it doesn’t happen on the same map every time. At times when I couldn’t get close to a human, I just stop respawning and just spectate, and probably watch other zombies fail. You don’t have to respawn you know.

it’s still start to feel like the key strategy is to spawnkill

Well, killing zombie is more fun than surviving, that’s why we do it.

I don’t want necessarily an spawn boost for zombies but more ways the zombies can work and give them more ways to counter human

If a zombie either plays a map with a very high win rate, corrupts a sanity signal, or be around other zombies, they become tankier, which is a League of Legends slang for less penetrable.

• Administrators

I’m not going to bother pointing out the things wrong with your post but I’ll just say that the spawning system and zombie team in general was already being looked at so sit your autistic ass tight while we work on the update.

• Game Admins

@Legadrian said in In an 30 players server, zombie is unplayable on certain maps and others thinks that ,I think, will be problematic:

autistic ass shit

pretty sure we’ve proven time and time again that all it takes is one good zombie to make ZS almost impossible to win, you’re just bad

then again, we can always remind zs about the way it was meant to be played once more

• Apparently the zombie spawn protection movement speed buff was broken. So I fixed that and made it stronger for next update which should be coming soon.

I can only go so far to fix retardation though. There’s classes available made to counter spawn camping and for the most part they help out over using say a normal zombie, which is a bit more oriented to barricade destruction. Really you might just be bad at swinging your claws at humans at the end of the day. Playing zombie isn’t hard.

be creating maybe skill tree with only Cons Pros Traits.

no. no zombie unlocks or skill tree shit ever. You’re in the losing state of the game if you’re a zombie - hence it shouldn’t be rewarded.

Zombie variants are just going to be a thing to open up more options tactically for zombies, something which they don’t really have right now.

• Administrators

What shoes? If there’s really shoes that just kill headcrabs by walking on them you need to remove them.

• Administrators

That’s not how they work you have to actually jump and land on a headcrab which is way harder than it sounds. It’s just as effective as a crowbar in what it does if not less since you can’t use it to wack other zombies. I don’t know why you’re taking the word of this random idiot since he has no idea what he’s talking about besides what he said about curb stompers.

• @Legadrian said in In an 30 players server, zombie is unplayable on certain maps and others thinks that ,I think, will be problematic:

the key strategy is to spawnkill, got et back to cade for bosses then the zombies will have like 4 players and get shreded every round.

You got it. Cool, isn’t it?

Get good kid

• @Legadrian said in In an 30 players server, zombie is unplayable on certain maps and others thinks that ,I think, will be problematic:

Like when the server is almost full, in an open spawn point you just get destroyed when out of spawn and when you become the boss they just all come back to their cade and you can’t do anything about it.

Have you tired pressing R to respawn? If the map has an alternate multiple spawn points, the left mouse button will spawn you as close as possible to the human team, while the R key will spawn you as far away as possible from the human team. Spawning far away gives zombie team the chance to surprise humans and get a few easy brains. This however is impossible if the map only has one spawn, in which case you may need to wait for the boss. If the boss is good, they will force the humans to retreat back into the barricades. This will give lessser zombies time to attack said barricades, especially since they now have resistance for simply being near the boss.

These are a few of the many tools zombie team has at their disposal when dealing with spawn camping humans. Sometimes your best bet as a zombie is to take a second and plan out your attack. Of course, zombies are unable to brute force the human team on wave one due to their low numbers and weaker classes. Don’t get me wrong, zombies can absolutely steamroll the human team on wave one, but it’s extremely difficult as it should be. Killing humans early is a really good thing for zombie team and a really bad thing for human team, and if that was significantly easier, then we would have a very different game.

Honestly, spawn camping stops becoming a problem after the first couple waves as you can hopefully see by every map’s winrate being lower than 50%. The new spawning system will get rid of these headaches, but I want you to be aware that you have options as a zombie, and simply giving up due to “spawn camping” is the wrong way to go about this. Death is cheap for zombie team, so don’t take every death so seriously.

@Stormbie said in In an 30 players server, zombie is unplayable on certain maps and others thinks that ,I think, will be problematic:

You don’t have to respawn you know.

And this is exactly why many zombie teams fail. They sit out the entirety of wave one because they’re afraid of giving humans points. This idea of “point starving” is actually “brain starving” the zombie team, as they will not get more numbers because they’re not trying. Humans are, well human. They make mistakes, they have flaws, and if you refuse to capitalize on them then humans will continue to win.

• Also more updates on this topic: I made it so you should always get the initial zombie spawn gas buff duration and I increased it a little bit, so you should be getting some usage out of that speed buff for sure, it should push back the front that generates from spawn camping a bit.

• Just go nightmare as boss and stick around outside the cade so they can’t regroup and go back to spawn.

• Administrators

Super protip: press R to respawn instead of LMB.

• ‘problematic’, what a horrible term to use

yuck

• @God-King-Takara said in In an 30 players server, zombie is unplayable on certain maps and others thinks that ,I think, will be problematic:

‘problematic’, what a horrible term to use

yuck

Quandryloft any better?

• This post is deleted!

• I’m sorry about my ignorance :( (at least I’ve learned something) and thanks for some replay even if I started a shitstorm. Again sorry.

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.