[ZS] Detpack Availability

• Right now detpacks are really probably too easily available. They’re spammed en masse if a sigil is going to be intruded. I wouldn’t want to make them weaker but make them far far less reliably sustainable, it’s plenty possible to obtain the price of one from the points you make from them in the current state, you only need 40 which is fairly low. I’m proposing to increase both the worth and point costs of them.

Worth: 35 -> 50.

• -1 majority of the time when people stock up on Detpacks, it’s because they know the loss of the round is inevitable

• No need to indicate how many brain cells you lost per post Gestapo we already know you have none.

• @Gestapo

KETCHUP ON A CAKE

NO CREDIBILITY

NO OPINION

• @Gestapo said in [ZS] Detpack Availability:

-1 majority of the time when people stock up on Detpacks, it’s because they know the loss of the round is inevitable

Yeah no fucking shit, that’s because they’re too easy to obtain?! Which is the problem increasing the cost would resolve?!

• Definitely like the points cost increase. During server peak times, it’s definitely frustrating to have someone chaining detpacks and ending up with a profit of 100+ points.
    I’ve honestly never been a fan of detpacks as a Worth item; it’s mostly used to suicide at the beginning, or to place in the sigil room on maps they’re sure will be lost in the early waves. They trigger it to blow themselves up with the zombies for the extra experience when the barricade goes down, and not trying/contributing anything to the round. Increasing the cost will only really make it so that those who pick it up will have even less remaining worth to use to contribute to the team until the detpack is actually worth using.

• @Azuriae said in [ZS] Detpack Availability:

Definitely like the points cost increase. During server peak times, it’s definitely frustrating to have someone chaining detpacks and ending up with a profit of 100+ points.
    I’ve honestly never been a fan of detpacks as a Worth item; it’s mostly used to suicide at the beginning, or to place in the sigil room on maps they’re sure will be lost in the early waves. They trigger it to blow themselves up with the zombies for the extra experience when the barricade goes down, and not trying/contributing anything to the round. Increasing the cost will only really make it so that those who pick it up will have even less remaining worth to use to contribute to the team until the detpack is actually worth using.

I’m inclined to agree with removing it from worth since it’s so powerful, but I know a few people do actually want it to remain there for some reason? So I tried to compromise, it’s an interesting concern.

• No one will get a 50 worth det pack for anything but suiciding.

Det packs being moved to 50/60 points is okay I suppose, but people keep overestimating how powerful they are because they’re only playing at peak times.

Also, In a bad situation I’ll use a det pack to blow up a horde when our dps is bad. It’s not exclusively used for farming exp.

• It’s hardly even good for suicide. Stand right on top of it, survive blast, be sad and use remaining worth to buy grenade.

• Probably just move the point cost of them to hit the sustainability then, and leave worth? Things like Egocentric haven’t helped the detpack prevalence, I kinda wanna hit some of the more “no-brainer” skills which are supposed to have downsides, but this is another topic.

Also might reduce the stock of them.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.