Add "delayed spawning" within a certain radius of the flag stand.

• It’s getting really annoying when there are people guarding the flag, then when you come and take it, you kill them, but before you can go anywhere, they’re back again fighting you. I propose that if someone dies within a certain radius of the flag stand, they should have to wait 10-20 seconds before respawning.

• It’s getting really annoying when there are people guarding the flag, then when you come and take it, you kill them, but before you can go anywhere, they’re back again fighting you. I propose that if someone dies within a certain radius of the flag stand, they should have to wait 10-20 seconds before respawning.

• That’s why you fight as a team to get it.

• You could just make a spawn far away from a base and then have a teleport right next to it that took you into the base. I do know what you mean though, it can get pretty frustrating when your team wont help and theres one or two people constantly spawning in a base. If team chat still doesn’t work it should get fixed.

• I meant if they die near the flag stand, not if their spawn point is there.

• @AtomiC:

That’s why you fight as a team to get it.

But the problem is, that rarely ever happens. Even when it does, there’s usually someone like Cookieboy waiting there to wipe out 4 people with inferno.

• <3 adam

I wouldn’t go a far as putting on 10-20 seconds, maybe 3-5 additional, just to give people a chance.

• 3-5 might not be long enough though. But honestly, I’m just getting tired of people with jugger building jugger bases that they can just camp so no one can get out, or goon bases where people just camp so no one can get out.

• @AtomiC:

• Except that that doesn’t ever work. NoxCTF isn’t specifically geared towards teamwork like TF2 is, so it’s really rare when a team gets organized enough to all attack the base together. Besides, if the other team has even an ounce of skill, their base would take a while to get out of. That gives the defenders time to instantly respawn, come back, and wipe what’s left of them out.

• We need goddamn team chat, then organizing an attack would actually work.

• @AtomiC:

• Shut the fuck up.

• @AtomiC:

Atomic is right Adam, Team play and you’ll win.

• @PureJeenyus:

We need goddamn team chat, then organizing an attack would actually work.

Did anyone read this? It’s hard to team plan if people know what your going to do.

Team chat needs to be fixed…

• Team attacks just don’t work in build maps. Most of the nobuild maps are small enough that people will instinctively stick together, but on a fucking oversized map like mountash, it doesnt work like that. Nox just isn’t a team based game, and if you wanna be cynical towards my idea by saying it is, so be it. I still think it would make flag capping a lot more fair, especially on massive jump bases.

• Saying this isn’t team based is retarded.

Each class has strengths and weaknesses. I promise you, if you have one of each class as a team working to cap a flag… it will be capped.

An assassin goes to grab the flag, wizard and mage as backup. They buff the assassin and give it haste. The assassin cannot be caught. Conj is there as support and has the ability to delay the incoming enemies. Jugger is there as support mowing down everyone. At a distance a dread fires into the middle of the enemy group. Warrior is picking off the slower and weaker. Dragoon flies in and takes the back and attacks and divides the enemy. Leeroy can hide in the distance waiting to ambush. Gunmage can snipe or attack as well.

• or you know… you could just get 1 semi-good wiz with a shield… job done so much quicker…

• I just follow the flag carrier as he sneaks in, and then I stab anyone trailing.

• @Cactuar:

Saying this isn’t team based is retarded.

Each class has strengths and weaknesses. I promise you, if you have one of each class as a team working to cap a flag… it will be capped.

An assassin goes to grab the flag, wizard and mage as backup. They buff the assassin and give it haste. The assassin cannot be caught. Conj is there as support and has the ability to delay the incoming enemies. Jugger is there as support mowing down everyone. At a distance a dread fires into the middle of the enemy group. Warrior is picking off the slower and weaker. Dragoon flies in and takes the back and attacks and divides the enemy. Leeroy can hide in the distance waiting to ambush. Gunmage can snipe or attack as well.

You’re just describing a typical TF2 game and substituting the classes in. Planned attacks like that almost NEVER happen. Usually it’s just smaller battles of two or three people. You misunderstand what I mean when I say it isn’t centered around team fighting. Sure, the classes are CAPABLE of working together the way you described, but do they? Not really. Most people just end up fighting by themselves or in small packs. An actual full-on assault from the whole team at once would be completely devastating to most enemy teams.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.