Publish 422 and our 10th birthday

• Administrators

Publish 422 is simply too big to list all the changes here. I think the forum wouldn’t allow it all in one post. If you’re curious, you can check the posts in Publish 421 as well as the new update ticker which shows all updates in real time. Raox, Benjy, and The Darker One have been pushing updates out a lot more often than I have so if you like or dislike a change it’s most likely their fault.

Oh and it happened sometime late September but NoXiousNet is now 10 years old. :ok_hand:
    Maybe that means something.

• I’m glad we have collaborators to accelerate the development of zs.

• 10 years of NoxiousNet
    Happy New Year :)

• @Gestapo die

• let’s celebrate by playing zs boys

• Happy birthday boys

• @Ken retro zs

• 10 years of nox. ive seen and met some pretty rad dudes over the years and here’s to meeting more

more people in mumble though ffs

• @God-King-Takara witness me

• 10 years of greatness :D

• @God-King-Takara

I thought we used teamspeak2

• @Elite yargh

• Only a few more years until there will be people playing on the servers that are actually younger than the servers themselves, if that wasn’t the case already.

• Game Admins

@JetBoom said in Publish 422 and our 10th birthday:

Oh and it happened sometime late September but NoXiousNet is now 10 years old. :ok_hand:
    Maybe that means something.

how i claim aniversary coin? men?

• When are we going to get our day of retro zs where we play on the shittiest map houses without nails and with zombie kill upgrades only?

• 10 years of TribesRPG. where did the time go?

• Additions

• New Wave 5 Zombie Class - Lacerator - Lacerators inflict bleeding wounds with swipes from their serrated claws.Their staggering pounce attack can slow their victims and make them bleed excessively. (The Darker One)

Balance Changes

• Red Marrow: (The Darker One)
      • Reduced melee damage: 27 - > 25,
      • Reduced blood shield duration: 4 -> 3
      • Red Marrow can now attack while blood shield is active.
    • Scar: (The Darker One)
      • Reduced minimum accuracy: 0.9 -> 1.4
      • Reload speed: 1.12 -> 1.0
    • Increased the slow damage on the Oberon from 3.5 -> 9. (The Darker One)
    • Stun Baton worth cost: 45 -> 40. It was the same worth price as an axe, and clearly the price didn’t match for the purpose.
    • Gluon point cost: 220 -> 200. This is to bring it in line with other tier 5 weapons as it no longer needs to be highly priced and so to reflect the overheating changes that it has received.
    • Detonation Packs: Needed changes to prevent them from being sustainable sources of points at high player counts, and to reduce the en masse spam that ensues during cade break ins.
      • Stocks: 10 -> 6
      • Point cost: 40 -> 50

Other Changes

• Changed the way the worth menu operates slightly:
      • If you load a cart you don’t have the worth for it won’t let you checkout.
      • Loading a cart you don’t have the worth for will alert you with a sound. Instantly checking out a cart you don’t have the worth for will alert you and not checkout, and instead load it.
      • This allows you to correct such carts if you’ve remorted and currently don’t have enough worth.
    • Added the ability to use held weapons in crafting; left click on the prop you want to use with the weapon you’re holding while holding ALT.
    • Adjusted a few weapon descriptions to match their mechanics. (The Darker One)
    • Added a plethora of new kill icons for most weapons that were missing one. (by Gormaoife and Darker One)
    • Going through an exit door will now briefly flash your screen white as a more clear indication you’ve survived.

Bugfixes

• Fixed melee weapons not having point multipliers work with them. This affected the stun baton only, as it is supposed to gain +25% points from slowing.
    • Fixed medic cloud bombs not having an owner attributed to them. They still intentionally give no points and don’t provide a healed by message, but you can now see healing floaters and it counts to your total healed statistic now.
    • Fixed Knuckle Master stating +200% unarmed strike damage instead of +100%.
    • Fixed becoming a Gore Child not preserving your previously selected class.
    • Fixed being able to damage nailed props which haven’t been nailed as the first prop of something themselves.
    • Fixed item stocks not loading for late joining players.
    • Fixed act commands not working.
    • Fixed an error when headshotting a boss with the Tiny Slug.
    • Fixed walking into an another players flames giving them credit for your future suicides.
    • Fixed spectator zombies being able to take damage from explosive sources.
    • Fixed being able to nail projectiles.
    • Fixed running out of grenades, molotovs and flash bombs not switching your weapon.
    • Fixed missing zombie weapon selection names. (The Darker One)
    • Fixed fog obscuring sigils. (A FarZ clip will stop them from rendering currently).
    • Quasar now increases points like other slowing weapons as it should do. (The Darker One)
    • Shade icon should now be more visible. (The Darker One)

• Game Admins

Is it necessary to post the changes anymore? The ticker does a good job if you’re writing good descriptions.

• I’d argue it’s more readable especially because I can categorize it and make it more black box, omitting stuff like small code errors which don’t need to be really added. No harm in making it really. I’m doing it on each push to server now since the update ticker doesn’t reflect the state of the pushed code to server.

• Posting changes is also easier to give out feedback on the boards

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.