[ZS] Weapon Remantler

• Most weapons now have clones of themselves at different “qualities”. You can tell what quality a weapon is by its prefix. Higher quality weapons do more damage. Prefix and qualities: Sturdy=115%, Honed=125%, Perfected=133%.

^^^ THESE VALUES ARE NOT BEING USED CURRENTLY

You may not have known that this quality system technically existed already in ZS, but there was no way to actually access it. What was planned for this was the Weapon Remantler:

Also, one system I quickly made was weapon quality. Basically there’s duplicates of most of the current weapons but they have prefixes to them (Tuned, Honed, Perfected) and these give % bonus to their damage or other parameter (15%, 25%, 33%). I’m thinking of maybe making a special deployable that eats 2 weapons you give it and then gives you the next “quality” once it has eaten 2 of the same quality and type. eg: feed it two regular deagles, gives you 1 tuned deagle. Feed it 2 tuned deagles, gives you 1 honed deagle, etc. Kind of like crafting, a system I really want to scrap. Maybe I’ll just call it the crafting bench and you can feed it materials, because the current crafting system is very awkward

alt text

The Weapon Remantler is a new deployable that would perform the following operations:

• If the weapon you’re carrying can be stored and you press E/use on the remantler, you’ll deposit it in the remantler slot. The clip will be automatically unloaded from your weapon. You can only store one weapon at a time. Each slot is personal to each player.
    • You can press with E while holding a different weapon to withdraw it again.
    • If you press E with the same type of weapon, both weapons will be combined and you’ll withdraw 1 upgraded version of that weapon.

Using the remantler is relatively simple, in that sense. It effectively acts as a weapon bank. This should provide a way to recycle the various unused weapons that exist currently, usually from Tier 1 or Tier 2. I also have considered how the remantler operates if it is packed or destroyed:

• When placed, the remantler can’t be packed up for 15 seconds, for the mechanics mentioned next.
    • If a remantler is packed, then if the player who has a weapon inside the remantler is nearby, it’ll try to return that item to them if they do not currently own it.
    • If the player is not nearby or is dead, it’ll drop that weapon to the ground. If the player is still human nobody else will be able to pick up that weapon for 30 seconds. Failing that, it can be picked up by anyone.
    • The packing grace period and associated mechanics should reduce the amount of disruption a player could cause with a remantler and players stored weapons, but bear in mind you are normally taking a risk by depositing your weapon in a remantler anyway, you should be ready to upgrade said weapon as soon as possible.
    • If the remantler is destroyed then the weapons drop without any kind of protection.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8255941/zs_abandoned_mall_v8 2016-10-6 16-41-22.webm

A note on the quality damage bonuses: I was thinking about halving them maybe, they could be a little bit strong in the current state, something like +7%, +13%, +18% would be a bit easier as starting values, I think.

• Will this work on Tier 0 stuff; aka Worth Menu only guns?

• Tier 1 is worth menu, but yes.

• Administrators

ho lee shit you actually did it

• Would it exclusively work on weapons, or hammers/medkits/etc for increased repair/heal rates too?

• Just ranged weapons for now, I don’t know how well the balance could play out for other items.

• Just wondering maybe i missed this, but if you own the weapon already and the remantler gets packed what happens to your weapon? As it wouldn’t return to your inventory, so would it drop to the ground?

• Yes, for 30 seconds nobody can pick it up.

• Has any thought been put to clip size, fire rate, accuracy, number of shots and so on for such a mechanic?

• Damage is literally the only thing you can adjust without having to put any real thought into it. Adjusting the clip size of say a crossbow wouldn’t make sense, nor would adjusting the maximum accuracy of a sniper rifle like Hunter.

Arguably damage is very valuable as it provides you both increased DPS and ammo eff.

• Game Admins

Uh oh! What have you done?!

• @Raox what about if instead of just adjusting damage, every weapon gets special upgrades.
    For example:
    linear:
    upgrade magnum once -> more damage
    upgrade magnum twice -> more damage and double bounce.
    branched:
    upgrade once -> more damage OR better accuracy
    upgrade twice -> double bounce OR faster reload

• It’s…a lot of work, simply, design and implementation wise to do something like that.

• Time to get perfected gluons.

• This is a third “crate” item of sorts. If I decide to bring crates I’d have to decide between the Arsenal, Resupply, or Remantler. The Resupply is infinitely useful since it gives you a clip of whatever you hold, the Arsenal is essential but usually bought a whole ton of times, and the Remantler is a small upgrade to your gun if you can find a duplicate.

It’s a tough decision but if there were no other zs pros in the game (or at least those who knew what they were doing) I’d easily take the Arsenal over the Resupply. If there were any ZS pros, I’d probably ask them to get a resupply while I bought the Remantler.

• @commandhat said in [ZS] Weapon Remantler:

This is a third “crate” item of sorts. If I decide to bring crates I’d have to decide between the Arsenal, Resupply, or Remantler. The Resupply is infinitely useful since it gives you a clip of whatever you hold, the Arsenal is essential but usually bought a whole ton of times, and the Remantler is a small upgrade to your gun if you can find a duplicate.

It’s a tough decision but if there were no other zs pros in the game (or at least those who knew what they were doing) I’d easily take the Arsenal over the Resupply.

Pretty much, not gonna lock it behind a skill or anything like that, thinking it’ll be available from worth and points.

• @Raox said in [ZS] Weapon Remantler:

It’s…a lot of work, simply, design and implementation wise to do something like that.

In the same time, you already made all hard work. With specialized upgrades you can “refine” guns, making them more unique.

• now you’ve done it

• Lmao, 0.25 points for weapon upgrade? Totally worth to buy.

Imagine:
    40 humans online, everyone upgraded his wep (for example 2 glocks, not gonna happen but let it me), and you got ENTIRE 10 points for that. Amazing.

• It’s not meant to be a huge point source at all. You’re providing a source of recycling weapons to your team. But I might increase it a bit.

Also make a new thread for changes associated with it, since it is live now.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.