[ZS] Standardize Resupply/Arsenal Ammo

• I’m of the opinion these should be using the same values, there’s a couple of discrepancies right now between some of the ammo types, I feel like it personally makes sense for these to be the same for balancing reasons and to present the theme that you’re “buying a resupplies worth earlier than you normally could.”

Proposed changes:

• SMG – Resupply: 32 -> 36, Arsenal: 40 -> 36
    • Shotgun – Resupply: 10 -> 11, Arsenal: 12 -> 11 (You already get a lot from arsenal and most of time for early weapons players are not buying ammo, but using resupply.)
    • Rifle – Resupply: 7 -> 8, Arsenal: 8 -> 8
    • Bolts – Resupply: 8 -> 7, Arsenal: 5 -> 7 (Bolt weapons are very resupply biased at the current point, you don’t get enough from arsenals.)
    • Impact Mines – Resupply: 2 -> 2, Arsenal: 1 -> 2 (It doesn’t make sense to buy impact mines currently from an arsenal.)

Ammo is expensive enough already why make it less efficient to get ammo from, I really don’t see why this is a problem…Even if this is a discrepancy then keep it as such because of the extremly priced ammo, it should be MORE effective to resupply ammo then waste points that you can help your team with later i.e Med cloud bombs, detpacks etc…

• Simple enough change, and at the same time, it’s a tiny buff to SMGs/Rifles overall which are pretty underused compared to the rest right now.
    The drop on bolts from resupply crates isn’t too bothersome since at the point people get crossbows, which is way late in the game, people will get most of their ammo from points anyway.

• @Gestapo said in [ZS] Standardize Resupply/Arsenal Ammo:

Ammo is expensive enough already why make it less efficient to get ammo from, I really don’t see why this is a problem…Even if this is a discrepancy then keep it as such because of the extremly priced ammo, it should be MORE effective to resupply ammo then waste points that you can help your team with later i.e Med cloud bombs, detpacks etc…

Do you even have any idea what the purpose of this change is for? I’m not going to put it past you actually, nor should I have to explain.

because of the extremly priced ammo

lol

The drop on bolts from resupply crates isn’t too bothersome since at the point people get crossbows, which is way late in the game, people will get most of their ammo from points anyway.

I’ve adjusted Bolts to be 6 -> 7 and Shotgun to be 10 -> 11, to get a proper mid point, if those values make sense.

• @Gestapo you really are a nigger

• @Gestapo said in [ZS] Standardize Resupply/Arsenal Ammo:

autistic rambling

Were you dropped on your head at birth?

Also; @Raox how about nails? I know you get 2 nails from the resupply and only a single by buying it from the arsenal.

• Shotgun – Resupply: 10 -> 11, Arsenal: 12 -> 11 (You already get a lot from arsenal and most of time for early weapons players are not buying ammo, but using resupply.)

11 doesn’t seem to be a suitable number / wouldn’t fit nicely in a box (11 is prime)
    12/dozen is convenient because it has many divisors
    10 is satisfactory

worth menu

the worth menu is organized in standard ammo box quantities of 2 or 3 (15/20 worth)
    suggested changes to worth menu:

• fix worth menu pistol ammo: 15 pistol ammo (current resupply/arsenal ammo: 16) —> change to 16
    • fix shotgun ammo: 2 ammo boxes = 24 shotgun ammo (12 per box) / 3 ammo boxes = 32 shotgun ammo :x: --> change to 36

ammo
    Assault Rifle: 30-30-30-30
    The current zs revision has this standard clip ammo system used for:

• picking up prop_ammo found on maps (e.g. item_ammo_buckshot, item_ammo_smg1)
    • dropping ammo (2x standard clip amount)
    • giving ammo
    • worth menu (previously)
    -- How much ammo is considered one 'clip' of ammo? For use with setting up weapon defaults. Works directly with zs_survivalclips
    GM.AmmoCache["ar2"] = 30 -- Assault rifles.
    GM.AmmoCache["pistol"] = 12 -- Pistols.
    GM.AmmoCache["smg1"] = 30 -- SMG's and some rifles.
    GM.AmmoCache["357"] = 6 -- Rifles, especially of the sniper variety.
    GM.AmmoCache["xbowbolt"] = 4 -- Crossbows
    GM.AmmoCache["buckshot"] = 8 -- Shotguns
    GM.AmmoCache["battery"] = 30 -- Medical Supplies
    GM.AmmoCache["gaussenergy"] = 1 -- Nails used with the Carpenter's Hammer.
    GM.AmmoCache["pulse"] = 30

if resupply and arsenal ammo amounts are standardized then it would be nice to have corresponding clip amounts with the worth menu and as a standard clip size

• Yeah I pretty much agree, this should be ideally merged to use multiples of the same defined clip standard all round, it’s very inconsistent at the moment. Perhaps even get everything to use AmmoCache if possible rather other tables such as AmmoResupply. This might cause some minor issues in regards to weapon balance as result however. Say for instance I changed the Pulse standard in the worth menu you from 40 -> 30, because I think it is oversight that wasn’t changed over from other pulse sources. Technically players have been acclimating to an error if they use the Z9000 (they get ammo for it from worth), so I’d need to look at some of the implications for this, and perhaps come up with new values/adjust further.

Other implications:

• Starting bolts from worth for say the Inquisitor could get penalised.
    • Slightly buffing pistol ammo value from worth.
    • Reduces the amount of SMG from worth.
    • Shotgun: If I go for 10 it hurts starting with a Blaster a lot, or saving the ammo for a Splinter. 12 is probably right to not hurt shotguns.
    • Can’t adjust med supplies, keep it at 23 per resupply, so make the clip standard go to that.
    • Impact mines should have a clip standard of 2, as well as nails. Not sure about making them use AmmoCache values though.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.