[ZS] Remove the arsenal crate from ZS

• I don’'t see any reason for it to exist. Pressing F2 should be enough to buy what you need.

Reasons:

• sometimes the placement of arsenal crates interferes with barricading
    • often ppl that buy an arsenal crate tend to go afk, forget about it and it gets destroyed by zombies and rounds have been lost bcs of that
    • Something that happens more rarely (but it happens) afk ppl have the only arsenal in their default loadout and never place it

• Not happening!

• @Raox It took you less than 30 secs to reply to that so I assume you didnt even read. Name a good reason why it should stay at least.

• You’re quite right I didn’t read it.

It’s not getting removed because the entire gamemode has been balanced for it post weapon unlocks at tiers. It gives zombies an objective for destruction and rewards a lack of incompetence from the human team. It’s designed to tie humans down to a specific area for a reason. Stupidity shouldn’t be just fixed or rewarded.

• I too would like to see the arsenal crate disappear for a lot of reasons. I understanding Raox’s reasoning and agree with it to some extent but I think the current arsenal system needs a bit of change.

Right now, a properly placed arsenal crate will earn a lot of points with very little effort and this is the logic behind low-mid level players getting it. Some rounds, multiple players will get 1000 or so points and generally be buying from the closest crate, yielding 140 from them alone and probably upwards of 150 from other people. Obviously, this is rare, but it’s what makes people buy arsenals so much.

However, this rare instance of arsenals being a great point source is completely outdone by a good shooter. There’s little incentive for a great player to get an arsenal for any reason in their starting loadout and I think this could be adressed by reducing the point comission, and reducing the worth which is the same thing that happened to the resupply. Imagine a 4% commission arsenal at 25-35 worth. Would we see more good players getting them? Probably, actually, because they understand how important having a crate is beyond a source of points. I don’t expect this change to take place but it is highly frusturating getting past a hard objective in a map only to find all the bad players with arsenals died, leaving none of us with an arsenal. High level players need some sort of an incentive.

• Having the arsenal disappear is too radical of an idea to be honest; but I do agree it’s not good in it’s current state.

Having to buy an arsenal from the worth menu is already a massive blow to your spending and unless you can guarantee that you are the only one in town when it comes to selling stuff with the arsenal, it does not pay out for itself. The fact that you do not get a return from your own spending also feels counter-intuitive; it removes the incentive to buy one as an experienced player who would rack up many points, because you cannot profit off of your own points. Also, instead of buying from your own arsenal you have to buy from a random kleiner because otherwise nobody would profit from the 7% returns in sales, same goes for the resupply; it’s not rewarding to the player to have one and only rewards everybody else on the team unless you are the only person who has one, in which case you’ll gather an average amount of points.

I’d personally would like to see the owners get a return on their own sales as well as get points from their own resupplies. The rate at which you would get yourself points with the resupply is absolutely minimal and will net you only a few points, but doesn’t penalize you for your ‘selfish’ actions of grabbing stuff from your own deployables.

I can understand there will be balance issues with getting returns from your own sales with the Arsenal. Like Matt proposed; a worth reduction would fit the bill to at least make it more appealing when you have points laying about. The lack of an arsenal can single handedly lose the team the game, especially on Objective maps where the pack-up time is very long and not all maps have clear directions on where to go. Having it be a 50 worth item doesn’t help with that, it feels like a chore to buy when there’s only 30 seconds left in the preparation phase and see nobody has a single arsenal.

In short; the arsenal needs a rework to make it more appealing to the experienced playerbase and make buying it feel less like a chore.

• If you don’t like buying an arsenal then don’t buy one. The game gives you one for free for a reason.

• @The-Darker-One said in [ZS] Remove the arsenal crate from ZS:

If you don’t like buying an arsenal then don’t buy one. The game gives you one for free for a reason.

In a random spawn point that will likely get swooped up by the 60 players like vultures only to have a no-brain Kleiner get it, which to be honest will likely become the case as the spawn point for most maps is neigh-impossible to cade, with all the experienced players already standing by a sigil to then run to the zombie spawn and only the braindead idiots loitering in spawn. The way that system is set-up is not ideal and having to rely on a single, randomly spawned arsenal that could be picked up by anybody is a bad idea. It gets worse if the map has spawn points spread out across the map.

• Your fantasy scenario with 60 people and not a single one buying an arsenal crate has 0% chance of happening you know that right? And I’m not going to take seriously someone who uses kleiner as a term normally.

• @The-Darker-One
    It’s exaggerated and indeed it does require a miracle for 60 people to not buy a single arsenal, but the point I’m trying to convey is that a single arsenal crate is hard to rely on, especially one spawned by the system as a fail-safe that is not guaranteed to fall in the right hands. And if the owner isn’t an experienced player, especially in objective maps where you are constantly on the move, chances are that crate can get lost and the round may be lost depending on your progress into the map.

• @Creeper-Joe said in [ZS] Remove the arsenal crate from ZS:

@The-Darker-One
    It’s exaggerated and indeed it does require a miracle for 60 people to not buy a single arsenal, but the point I’m trying to convey is that a single arsenal crate is hard to rely on, especially one spawned by the system as a fail-safe that is not guaranteed to fall in the right hands. And if the owner isn’t an experienced player, especially in objective maps where you are constantly on the move, chances are that crate can get lost and the round may be lost depending on your progress into the map.

wow game is hard, please fix

• @The-Darker-One said in [ZS] Remove the arsenal crate from ZS:

Your fantasy scenario with 60 people and not a single one buying an arsenal crate has 0% chance of happening you know that right?

Clearly you haven’t played during european hours

• I’m seeing a bunch of people complain about a feature that has been added to hold players together and has been polished over the past several years.

You are defending the nuclear option when you could more easily go for a position on changing the model to something smaller(or shrinking it), making the crate non-clipping, or even complaining about the resupply crate which is much larger.

• No chance of this happening.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.