[ZS] Drone changes

• Increase drone range 200 -> 300
    • Blue lasersight changes to red lasersight when out of range
    • Bullets will not fire if out of range; currently if drone is out of range when attempting to fire bullets will be expended and sound is heard but no bullets are fired
    • 生气时候眼小一点
    • Add occasional ambient sounds, additional pain sounds and destruction sound
    npc/scanner/cbot_energyexplosion1.wav
    npc/scanner/cbot_fly_loop.wav
    npc/scanner/cbot_servochatter.wav
    npc/scanner/cbot_servoscared.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan1.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan2.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan3.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan4.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan5.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan_loop1.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan_loop2.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan_loop4.wav
    npc/scanner/combat_scan_loop6.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_alert1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_blip1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_combat_loop1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_electric1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_electric2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_explode_crash2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_nearmiss1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_nearmiss2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_pain1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_pain2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_photo1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_scan1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_scan2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_scan4.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_scan5.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_scan_loop1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_scan_loop2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_siren1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_siren2.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_talk1.wav
    npc/scanner/scanner_talk2.wav

• currently if drone is out of range when attempting to fire bullets will be expended and sound is heard but no bullets are fired

I think this is a visual bug (like with the Gluon being out of range.) It’ll be fixed

• I believe I’ve fixed the issue with bullet rendering now.

Need to be extremely careful about increasing the range on the drone because it can’t be a repeat scenario of what it was several months ago. Even a range increase of like 100 could be big. I would want to do it in very small increments to make it barely usable (as I identify that it is hard to use right now.)

I replaced the player colour with red/blue laser sights if you’re in range or not now.

• Administrators

Can it get the ability to flash and take a screenshot already?

• Some more things I was thinking about in relation to this thread:

• Maybe increase the range by like 30 units from 200 to 230. This is like a 15% increase so it’s not exactly small either.
    • Make 1 or 2 associated skills for the drone. One could be like a detection upgrade so it wouldn’t fire out of range for some drawback such as half ammo capacity. Perhaps one that increases damage at the cost of making it even shorter range. Or something that gives a heavier lifting capability for some drawback.
    • Make the manhack skills apply to the drone. The descriptions would need to be adjusted accordingly. I don’t think there would be significant issues with the current modifiers in terms of balance and Loaded Hull could just do the same amount of damage.

• I personally feel like the laser should be way more resembling of the Drone’s actual range; considering the third person angle doesn’t help with calculating the actual distance from your target combined with the fact that bullet tracers are barely visible to you.

I would play the shit out of Drone if we just made the laser better.

• @Creeper-Joe said in [ZS] Drone changes:

I personally feel like the laser should be way more resembling of the Drone’s actual range; considering the third person angle doesn’t help with calculating the actual distance from your target combined with the fact that bullet tracers are barely visible to you.

I would play the shit out of Drone if we just made the laser better.

Well the change to red/blue laser should help with that

• Why is the drone so expensive in the worth menu

1. Doesn’t give SMG ammo
    2. Relatively pointless apart from its counter parts i.e Manhacks
    3. Very sizeable hitbox , making it easy to break considering how close you have to be to even get near a nest

• @Gestapo Its pretty useful on some maps where maps spawn weapons just out of place (i.e enervation’s hurricane) but that rarely happens to be worth it though.
    And I guess it helps to fish out ammo of zs spawn where people die and zombies bait the loot.

• Make the manhack skills apply to the drone. The descriptions would need to be adjusted accordingly. I don’t think there would be significant issues with the current modifiers in terms of balance and Loaded Hull could just do the same amount of damage.

Extending on what I said here, I’m proposing the following changes with this:

• Swap the location of the turret and manhack tree. This would only be a visual change since all the prerequisites would be the same. The reasoning behind this is because the drone is currently at the top side of the tree, an associated skills for the drone could be linked.
    • Loaded Hull, Reinforced Hull and Aviator would work with any “controllable”, including the drone and manhack and the description would be changed to reflect it.
    • Reinforced Blades would be classified to be a manhack only skill since I’m not sure about increasing the damage of a drone. This means effectively nothing would change about this skill at all in terms of scope.

• @Raox said in [ZS] Drone changes:

Need to be extremely careful about increasing the range on the drone because it can’t be a repeat scenario of what it was several months ago.

Since the drone was introduced, the following changes affecting the drone were put in:

• Fast Zombie leap now deals double damage to drones and manhacks.
    • Fast Zombie pounce damage vs. drone/manhack increased 40 -> 60.
    • Shade can now grab Drones and Manhacks to throw them in to walls.
    • Drone gun range now limited to 200 units.
    • Drone gun spread reduced by half.
    • Drone health increased 100 -> 150.
    • Drone hitbox now matches its model (the tail was previously non-solid).

As of right now, the drone’s limited firing angle and short range make the drone unpractical to use. A range of 230 is well within melee range, fast zombie leap especially. If not increasing the range to 300, a range of 250 would be a better choice (also nice number). Increasing it from 200 --> 230 would have a negligible effect given its current unusuability. Prior to the changes listed above, zombies didn’t have a reliable method of destroying drones. After the changes, drones can now be destroyed by fast zombies in 3 pounce hits (150 health / 60 damage per pounce). Shade can reach drones up to its 400 unit range.

• Increase range 200 --> 250

A drone requires skill points to unlock, and 85 worth. Since the hitbox size increase, humans have no reliable way to repair drones inside a cade. Drone is currently difficult to manage and requires a lot of worth.

Reduce worth shop point cost to correspond to point shop cost.

• Manhack (40 points/60 points) (1:1.5)
    • Drone worth cost reduced (50 points/85 worth) (1:1.58) --> (50 points/75 worth) (1:1.5)

The drone has had an ammunition capacity of 500, twice as much as a turret. 250 would be a realistic and balanced amount, and consistent with the turret.

• Drone ammunition capacity 500 --> 250.

Make 1 or 2 associated skills for the drone. One could be like a detection upgrade so it wouldn’t fire out of range for some drawback such as half ammo capacity. Perhaps one that increases damage at the cost of making it even shorter range. Or something that gives a heavier lifting capability for some drawback.

Type I Scan Module - Highlights nearby zombies and nests. Cannot pickup items. Emits scanning noise. npc/scanner/scanner_scan...wav
    Type II Camera Module - Camera used to take photographic images, saving a screenshot. The flash emitted when taking an image can temporarily blind zombies, even when not looking directly at the flash. Recharges every minute. Zombies affected take 5 damage. Replaces mounted gun. Drone controller has the ability to switch to camera mode from drone perspective.
    Type III Collection Module - Allows drone to collect ammunition directly from a resupply box using R.
    Type IV Explosive Module - “A critically damaged scanner will usually attempt to kamikaze dive into its attacker, while spinning and emitting an alarm.” At 20 health or less, kamikaze mode can be activated, activating a timer counting down to 10 seconds to explode with damage done equal to a grenade.
    Type V Heavy Lift Module - Enables heavy lifting capability. -30% drone speed.
    Type VI Pulse Module - Switches from using SMG to Pulse ammo. Slows down zombies. Damage decreased 14 -> 9. Emits a combine energy ball explosion after destroyed.
    Compact Carriage - 50% ammo capacity reduction (250 --> 125). Drone gun range increased 250 --> 325. Drone handling increased 25%.

Make the manhack skills apply to the drone. The descriptions would need to be adjusted accordingly. I don’t think there would be significant issues with the current modifiers in terms of balance and Loaded Hull could just do the same amount of damage.

it seems like aviator and reinforced hull were intended to apply to both drone and manhack, though it was never coded in.

• I might take an incremental approach to improving the power of the drone first, surveying the performance. But you are right, the drone should be safely improvable to a large extent as it can be feasibly countered.

• something that gives a heavier lifting capability for some drawback.

Type V Heavy Lift Module - Enables heavy lifting capability. -30% drone speed.

:white_check_mark:

Added new skill: Hauling Module (+70% drone carrying mass, -40% drone speed) Raox2 2016-10-26T16:42:36+01:00

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.