Missing map, can't connect.

• When ever I try to join the noxiousnet ZS server, it says “download,[Map name]” after a while it says I don’t have it and disconnects me, I went to my multiplayer options and put “allow all files” I have tried to download the maps, From the workshop and sometimes it works, sometime it not in the workshop, I’ve downloaded lots of map packs but they do nothing a lot of the time, please help

• Check to see if the console commands “cl_allowdownload” and 'cl_allowupload" are set to 1 in console. You can access console by enabling it in Gmod’s advanced keyboard options (Enable developer console) and then holding down the ~ key on you keyboard on the main menu (~ is usually to the left of the number 1)

• There’s an actual issue with the server’s download url refusing to serve maps to people.

Server was on 69 players when I joined during zs_abandoned_subway, when the map changed to zs_cabin_v2,
    half the players were disconnected with the error “missing map”, unable to rejoin as well.

zs_cabin_v2 clearly exists on the heavy, and yet the players aren’t able to download it.

• @Box A lot of players (read: the majority) have the wrong version of cabin, every time it gets picked it destroys the server’s pop.

• @Skully said in Missing map, can't connect.:

@Box A lot of players (read: the majority) have the wrong version of cabin, every time it gets picked it destroys the server’s pop.

That’s not it, I already have the map.

To test, I removed it from my maps folder, and attempted to re-download it from the server, and it gives me the reason.
    alt text

Edit, looking at the console, it’s serving me

HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/downloadurl/maps/zs_Cabin_v2.bsp.bz2
    HTTP ERROR 8 downloading http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/downloadurl/maps/zs_Cabin_v2.bsp

This doesn’t seem to work, but if I change the C to be lowercase (for the bz2 link), then the download works, testing from a browser.

https://noxiousnet.com/gmodmaplist/
    – CASING IS IMPORTANT FOR MAP FILE NAMES. THEY MUST BE KEPT. FILES MUST KEEP THEIR CASING WHEN COMPRESSED/UPLOADED AS WELL.

Should this still be the case?

• Yeah, obviously.

• Pretty sure cabin was a temporary problem caused while @Scott was updating it. Other maps on the server are still case sensitive as expected. It’s doubtful that this guys problem is anything to do with it.

• @Benjy said in Missing map, can't connect.:

Pretty sure cabin was a temporary problem caused while @Scott was updating it.

Is it not an issue with the linux srcds converting the download url links to be lowercase despite the map having a single uppercase character, and thus it causes people not to be able to download the map?

The issue did occur with zs_Cabin_v2, and then, ze_Pidaras_v1_4fix3.
    zs_Cabin_v2 was then disabled yesterday when the issue occured and then updated with zs_cabin_v4 today, Scott definitely didn’t cause this issue.

ze_Pidaras_v1_4fix3, suddenly had an issue where half the server weren’t able to download the map, and it’s the same as the zs_Cabin_v2 issue, it was then fixed by lower casing both the bsp and bz2 file.

If I’m wrong please state, either way I still think there’s something up with the heavy that needs sorting.

• @Box You can go ahead and lower case all the files and the map names then. Some people are stupid though and put capitals in their vmfs. It gets compiled to capitals in the internal bsp folder structure and then the server won’t mount some things like custom models. It’s probably less of a chance of a map appearing with capitals and custom models so…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.