[ZS] Molotov Damage

• The only thing the molotov has going for it right now is the fact it explodes on impact making it a bit easier to use than anything with a fuse. It’s generally a moot point however; the damage applied from a molotov generally amounts to a very small amount, is applied over time so doesn’t generally have a good amount of time to apply the damage, and it is especially weak when factors such as resistance are taken into account. It seems that the distance from the impact point affects the duration of the burn, which is a fine mechanic, but I would think that it simply needs a significant burn damage increase (However I don’t know the exact stats on the damage and duration right now).

• We would need to be careful with this because if it is too powerful this weapon would be used in the exact sense of the Mines, spammed in doorways and thrown into janky zombie-spawns. I feel if we increased the damage we could increase price as a “break even” ? I will admit though the first time I bought the Molotov I was disappointed, changes should be made.

• @Insolubilis said in [ZS] Molotov Damage:

We would need to be careful with this because if it is too powerful this weapon would be used in the exact sense of the Mines, spammed in doorways and thrown into janky zombie-spawns. I feel if we increased the damage we could increase price as a “break even” ? I will admit though the first time I bought the Molotov I was disappointed, changes should be made.

Price for power is fine - as long as the end result ends up being stronger than it is in the current form.

• @Raox True but I think that the Molotov was implemented for variety, yes it should be buffed but what would take its place. I think it was made cheaper and weaker in the first place for a chance to place the remaining points you have into a weak back-up weapon. I personally don’t see the use of the Molotov in it’s current state because it is basically pocket dust. Molotovs make me think back to playing Left 4 Dead, all the damage and area it had made players think they could burn the world and kill everything and the Molotov in a sense did just that to whatever stepped into the fiery puddle. In it’s current state I agree it’s garbage but what could take it’s place? Rock 2? If we made the Molotovs expensive and experimented with L4D levels of damage and area (Not as big due to player amount and map sizes) they might be used more than just an invest of starting points to reveal you should have just gotten a rock.

• An ideal solution would be to have fire and electricity damage reduce zombie speed. This change would not only address the molotov but also ZE. In CSS/ZE fire slows zombies to 50% movespeed, nothing happens in Garry’s Mod. This is supposed to happen when the ELECTRO and FIRE materias are used in FFVII mako reactor but they don’t have any use because they don’t slow down zombies.

the damage could also be increased by some

• It’s so bad that one round I gave myself about 200 molotovs and threw them nonstop at zombies. I made about 16 points in 5 waves and almost killed myself 3 times.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.