The Election etc.

• Banned

:juggling_tone2: Now that the US presidential election is only few months away I thought it would be interesting to make a thread about it and see who you guys support.

Probably goes without saying I support Jill Stein even though I cannot cast a vote.

• Who are you supposed to support? The main impression that the media have given me of the two main candidates so far is that one is dumb and the other is corrupt and engaged is some shady business, and that the rest of the nominees are just too insignificant. I guess Americans will just vote for the lesser evil? Though I still can’t tell who that is exactly.

• Let’s make america great again

• Banned

@The-Nightmare said in The Election etc.:

Who are you supposed to support? The main impression that the media have given me of the two main candidates so far is that one is dumb and the other is corrupt and engaged is some shady business, and that the rest of the nominees are just too insignificant. I guess Americans will just vote for the lesser evil? Though I still can’t tell who that is exactly.

I guess its better to go with the dumb evil and not with the smart evil.

• My political views are right inbetween Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, so I’m not sure who I’m going to go for. At first, I wanted to go with Jill Stein until I researched and found she was against nuclear, which is on the top of my list of most important issues, and I haven’t done any thorough research on Gary Johnson yet. Most of my family have their eyes set on Gary Johnson at this point in time.

• @Kolmio said in The Election etc.:

Who are you supposed to support? The main impression that the media have given me of the two main candidates so far is that one is dumb and the other is corrupt and engaged is some shady business, and that the rest of the nominees are just too insignificant. I guess Americans will just vote for the lesser evil? Though I still can’t tell who that is exactly.

You can’t call someone dumb if they co-head (well, co-headed, officially) an entity ostensibly holding more political power than the POTUS while being loosely linked with a variety of illegal activities including arms trafficking and handfuls of murders.

You also can’t call someone dumb if they manage to erect a proeminent RE (a field pretty much policed by organized crime) and financial empire despite being detested by the World’s elites from scratch (I assure you that a couple million dollars isn’t that much to start with).

Anyone or anything trying to have you believe that anyone in the US political process is dumb is likely either being manupulated or is in on the whole gimmick.

• alt text

• Banned

@Zetanor said in The Election etc.:

@Kolmio said in The Election etc.:

You can’t call someone dumb if they co-head (well, co-headed, officially) an entity ostensibly holding more political power than the POTUS while being loosely linked with a variety of illegal activities including arms trafficking and handfuls of murders.

You also can’t call someone dumb if they manage to erect a proeminent RE (a field pretty much policed by organized crime) and financial empire despite being detested by the World’s elites from scratch (I assure you that a couple million dollars isn’t that much to start with).

Anyone or anything trying to have you believe that anyone in the US political process is dumb is likely either being manupulated or is in on the whole gimmick.

I most certainly can, whether or not the statement has any truth in it. But luckily I have not made any such statements, I have only responded to The Nightmare about which one of the two main candidates (the dumb, or the corrupt) is ‘the lesser evil’ in my opinion.

Also being smart in one field (like real estate markets) doesn’t necessarily mean you will be smart in some other field (like politics).

I’m sure there are dumb people involved in the political process. People like the average voter seem dumb to me but thats just my personal opinion based on my experiences as an average voter.

I’m sure there are dumb people involved in the political process. People like the average voter seem dumb to me but thats just my personal opinion based on my experiences as an average voter.

I wouldn’t say that voters are involved in the political process; the election itself is more of a formality than anything else.

• Banned

True, if you define the political process strictly as the process of regulating and policy making (I’m assuming that is what you meant), then the voter is not part of the process. But in my own opinion the selection of regulators and policy makers is just as much part of the process as the actual regulating. For the results of the regulatory process largely depend on who the regulators are.

But, for arguments sake, even if we exclude the election from the political process there is nothing stopping the electorate from voting in office a dumb candidate who will then, if elected, be part of the political process.

True, if you define the political process strictly as the process of regulating and policy making (I’m assuming that is what you meant), then the voter is not part of the process

No I mean that votes, either individually or collectively, barely if at all change the outcome of our political processes.

But, for arguments sake, even if we exclude the election from the political process there is nothing stopping the electorate from voting in office a dumb candidate who will then, if elected, be part of the political process.

Theorically, yes. In practice, however, an intelligent candidate that can play along with the establishment to polarize and propagandize will always win over any absolutely dumb candidate.

• sam haha i upvote post u cant stop me haha

• Im surprised none of you have brought up his expertise in reality television, and its relation to how he’s doing in the election.

• Banned

@Zetanor said in The Election etc.:

@Kolmio said in The Election etc.:

True, if you define the political process strictly as the process of regulating and policy making (I’m assuming that is what you meant), then the voter is not part of the process

No I mean that votes, either individually or collectively, barely if at all change the outcome of our political processes.

Theorically, yes. In practice, however, an intelligent candidate that can play along with the establishment to polarize and propagandize will always win over any absolutely dumb candidate.

I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to say. Seems kind of harsh to say that voting makes little to no difference in outcomes.

I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to say. Seems kind of harsh to say that voting makes little to no difference in outcomes.

Welcome to post-sixties democracy.

• @Humin said in The Election etc.:

My political views are right inbetween Gary Johnson and Jill Stein, so I’m not sure who I’m going to go for. At first, I wanted to go with Jill Stein until I researched and found she was against nuclear, which is on the top of my list of most important issues, and I haven’t done any thorough research on Gary Johnson yet. Most of my family have their eyes set on Gary Johnson at this point in time.

So you are dropping the sanest candidate in the race because she doesnt officially support one of the many clean energy sources available, while clean energy is something she strongly pledges more than anyone else

• KILL EVERYONE NOW

• We are so fucked.

• @CMastaa said in The Election etc.:

We are so fucked.

Only 1 out of the 4 candidates in the race is a complete disaster so cheer up

• Don’t really care who gets elected. It’s no use getting worked up over circumstances beyond my control. That being said, nothing wrong with forgetting about politics/social media/bullshit of the like with drinking or inhaling your poison of preference. Thinking about those things turns me into a person I don’t want to be.

However, since I live in Washington, It’d be entertaining to see Trump elected just to watch the pretentious liberals I’m surrounded by cry.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.