[ZS] Flash Bomb

• Flash Bomb

From the original spec:

Unlock: Flash Bomb - Unlocks purchasing the Flash Bomb. Deals no damage. Stuns all zombies around the flash

alt textalt text

Details

The Flash Bomb is a thrown item in the vibe of grenades and molotovs which applies several effects on explosion after a set timer, as per the standard grenade. However, it deals no damage and instead briefly blinds, deafens and disorients zombies near the explosion. It also significantly slows zombies hit by said effect. The Flash Bomb can also affect the user, but it cannot affect other humans, so care needs to be taken when using said grenade. Looking away from the Flash Bomb will reduce the effect of the blind.

Webm Demonstration

Additional

• Radius is set to 310 which is quite large but the effects diminish significantly at range.
    • The disorient (old lead pipe effect) will only apply at a certain threshold of being blinded by the grenade.
    • Adds leg damage enough to slow for several seconds.
    • As per the original design, could be a skill unlock.
    • Could increase the fuse slightly as the stun effect is very powerful. (Set to 2.5 seconds right now) It would also probably need a hard stock limit.
    • Weapon models in CSS suffices for this as a weapon, I feel.

• Would rather have the Drone be able to do this an unlimited amount of times, with delay, than have to buy a single use flash bomb.
    After all, the Drone needs more useful applications due to being shitted on, and over-nerfed, due to it being utilized too well in the past.

The flashing camera can be a Drone skill, and it’d be better than this.

Imagine the scenario, Drone swoops in to attack a nest, but there’s a lot of zombies spawning and they’ll see the Drone.
    If the Drone then dispatches a flash (bomb) on the zombies, it’d provide great assistance in temporarily dispelling the nest defending zombies, and allowing you to carry with your mission of nest destruction, bonus, it’ll infuriate them.

• I can imagine it but that’s not really presenting to me why it’s better than just being a separate unlock instead of being a drone band-aid. Using an experience without comparing it to other said experience doesn’t make sense to me. Seems a bit unnecessary and deraily. I’ll address it regardless, however: There’s also no need if the drone does happen to need such a tweak, for these things to be mutually exclusive also, but the drone already does 2 things currently and it doesn’t need to do more. (picking up props/items it does pretty much perfectly now?). The main issue is the gun but that’s beyond the scope of this thread. Take that to somewhere else really.

Would rather have the Drone be able to do this an unlimited amount of times, with delay

Also I’m concerned over the strength of this even if it is one use. I’ve added thresholds and directional conditions to the effects in an attempt to mitigate it. Like chaining these could get really really potent for slowing a zombie rush. There’s no way this wouldn’t be worse in terms of balance if you poised it for a drone. The delay would need to be insane, it’s unfeasible.

• @Box wow our very own will o wisp!!

• @realbisousbisous said in [ZS] Flash Bomb:

@Box wow our very own will o wisp!!

Yeah, let’s fuck’em up real good, even have dogfights with their wisps, blind vs blind.

@Raox said in [ZS] Flash Bomb:

the drone already does 2 things currently and it doesn’t need to do more.

Yes it does, it was also suggested to have more upgrades in the future, and this suits it.

I can imagine it but that’s not really presenting to me why it’s better than just being a separate unlock instead of being a drone band-aid.

The Drone can have the potential to repeat the flash attacks, as opposed to a throwable flash bomb, and you’re ignoring the fact nest destruction is really important to win a round of zs, and such task is harder as the Drone is easily bombarded by fast zombies, poison headcrab lunges and other ranged attacks.

Like chaining these could get really really potent for slowing a zombie rush.

This is really dependent on how many people unlock this skill, and if they’ll even buy it.
    The other thing is, you don’t have to use it for this purpose, use it for a quick escape.

I’d put this on the same level of usefulness as the molotov, but it’s gonna be even more restrictive if tied to an unlock skill.

At least as a “band-aid” for the Drone, it’s combined usefulness of carrying props, a mid-ranged gun, that more people will unlock it.
    This also grants the zombies a target vector to attack, rather than a player who can safely use it from a distance and from inside a cade.

• Take this to a drone buff suggestion thread. You’re well aware of how much of a can of worms it is

• @Raox Yeah. sure. sorry for derailing what I believe is a pointless addition to zs.

• Could the flashbomb be used to slightly damage shade? Since I assume flashbomb uses a big flash to disorientate zombies with light.

• @Gestapo said in [ZS] Flash Bomb:

Could the flashbomb be used to slightly damage shade? Since I assume flashbomb uses a big flash to disorientate zombies with light.

Only if it keeps the flashlight damage gimmick

• What im thinking is sometimes the shade sits far back, so you would throw flashbomb and it slightly damages them, and with the use of good team work you can take down a shade with a lot of people buying flashbombs to take out the Shade sitting back and not really actively pushing towards the cade

• @Box savage

• No one can be more savage than the actor himself.

• Does every new item need to be perk unlocked deez days?

• I think it should also rotate affected targets a little or alter their movement pattern from linear to sinusoidal.
    That should compensate for target(barricade) being stationary.

• @ReaM said in [ZS] Flash Bomb:

I think it should also rotate affected targets a little or alter their movement pattern from linear to sinusoidal.

Disorient (above a certain threshold) does this.

• @Raox said in [ZS] Flash Bomb:

@ReaM said in [ZS] Flash Bomb:

I think it should also rotate affected targets a little or alter their movement pattern from linear to sinusoidal.

Disorient (above a certain threshold) does this.

My bad, I haven’t played gmod in years.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to NoXiousNet was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.